Peterborough Petes 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Kind of a blah feeling to this team this year. Not much to get excited about. Losing Varga is unfortunate but perhaps an opportunity for someone to step in on a defense that appears solid. Is Mason really in training camp?. We need help up front for sure. Question is do we trade one of our goalies to fill a hole?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Kind of a blah feeling to this team this year. Not much to get excited about. Losing Varga is unfortunate but perhaps an opportunity for someone to step in on a defense that appears solid. Is Mason really in training camp?. We need help up front for sure. Question is do we trade one of our goalies to fill a hole?

Yes, Masin is here.

A goalie will be traded at some point this year, can't see it being Wells.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Can anyone confirm Adam McPhail is at the Petes camp? Read he was cut by Saginaw and at the Petes camp.

He sure is, looked decent this morning in practise. I'm sure he will get into some exhibition games since his NCAA eligibility is gone anyways.

willy29

Aug 30, 2010
Ontario, Canada
He sure is, looked decent this morning in practise. I'm sure he will get into some exhibition games since his NCAA eligibility is gone anyways.

Thanks for the update. He will work hard if he makes the Petes. Can drop the gloves when asked to.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Solid maroon and white game tonight... Some thoughts:

- Wells looked solid
- Lorentz and Cornel looked like the best players out there
- McPhail and Watson were quiet, expected more
- Didn't see much from Maguire or Coyle
- Rookies were quiet as well but Clarke was better tonight. Gallant looks like he's still getting settled in. Fraser plays physical and Grima has the potential to be a smart puck mover.
- I like Isaacson, great value for a fifth round pick. He should be signed (and sent to Jr.A) if he's sticked around this long.
- Schulz and McKinnon seem most likely to win a spot out of the 1998 F's.

OHLEYE

Oct 17, 2006
I agree with most of what you said.

Schulz and McKinnon have done very little.

Isaacson is making a case to make the team in my opinion.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I agree with most of what you said.

Schulz and McKinnon have done very little.

Isaacson is making a case to make the team in my opinion.

If Isaacson makes the team who do you send to the Muskies to take his spot? Fraser?

This team desperately needs an OA forward.

OHLEYE

Oct 17, 2006
Fraser has looked a lot better than Grima, Gallant and Clarke.

No point adding an OA forward right now, because we don't know if we're going to be rebuilding or competing. You can get OA forwards cheap at the trade deadline.

D looks good for now, so no point adding a defenceman yet. Lets see how Timms and the other two youngsters look.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Petes updated depth chart with the signings of Schulz and Isaacson. Need to add an OA F and bump Isaacson back to the Muskies. (OJHL)

LW -- C -- RW

Lorentz Garlent Cornel
Betzold Ang Timleck
DeNoble Coyle Maguire
Schulz Gallant Clarke
Isaacson

OHLEYE

Oct 17, 2006
He came to the Petes a day after being cut by Saginaw. That seems like a commitment. He's already committed to the OHL.

He was on the second line of his team yesterday, ahead of Schulz and Isaacson. Have they made the team?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
He came to the Petes a day after being cut by Saginaw. That seems like a commitment. He's already committed to the OHL.

He was on the second line of his team yesterday, ahead of Schulz and Isaacson. Have they made the team?

Lines in a team scrimmage don't mean anything.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Ulett has been reassigned today. I believe this is how the roster stands as of today:

F - Garlent, Lorentz, Cornel, Betzold, Ang, Timleck, Coyle, Maguire, DeNoble, Schulz, Gallant, Clarke, McKinnon, McPhail.

D - Masin, Spencer, Lizotte, Jenkins, Timms, Grima, Fraser, Gentles, Watson.

G - Mancina, Wells, Smith.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
The Petes only dressed 10 forwards against the Gens. Are they having injury problems already or did they want to see 8 D-men play?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
The Petes only dressed 10 forwards against the Gens. Are they having injury problems already or did they want to see 8 D-men play?

OHL website is wrong. They keep listing Isaacson and McKinnon as D, they're forwards.

elindros

Oct 24, 2011
Players have now left for NHL prospects camps

Cornel - Buffalo (hosting own tournament with Boston and New Jersey)
Lorentz - Carolina (Traverse City with Detroit, Chicago, St. Louis, Dallas, Minnesota, New York Rangers, Columbus)
Masin - Tampa (hosting own tournament with Nashville, Washington and Florida)
Spencer - Tampa (hosting own tournament with Nashville, Washington and Florida)
Lizotte - Toronto (London with Montreal, Ottawa and Pittsburgh)
Mancina - Detroit (Traverse City with Carolina, Chicago, St. Louis, Dallas, Minnesota, New York Rangers, Columbus)

Jenkins is going straight to Carolina's main camp in a couple of weeks

good luck to them all hope they all make it to their respective NHL main camps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad