Peter Forsberg: The Reality in Contrast With The Imagined, Romanticized Version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
So what you're saying is that rather than make an actual prime vs. prime comparison, you want to exclude seasons because including them wouldn't support your narrative?

No because 2 years of PPG hockey to me indicated a 32/33 year old Sakic was outside his prime.

And in those three years, 01/02 - 03/04, Forsberg only played 50% of the games so why bother.

In any event, the 8 year sample noted above eliminates any doubts doesn't it?

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Jesus, anyone else want to chime in here? Apparently providing stats that show they were very close offensively is a huge trigger.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
So what you're saying is that rather than make an actual prime vs. prime comparison, you want to exclude seasons because including them wouldn't support your narrative?

I don't have a narrative. All the samples show they are very close.

Do you disagree with this?

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
No because 2 years of PPG hockey to me indicated a 32/33 year old Sakic was outside his prime.

Two 1st Team All-Star selections in three years should have indicated to you that he was not.

This thread has been more about being right than about reality. This is History of Hockey - not an audition for the debate team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad