Not open for further replies.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
8omtum.gif

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Easy win if they cut out these flubber shots. Boston looks terrible even prior to game 5.
They haven't looked good all series. Extremely beatable

Hopefully Keefe didn't dig us a hole too big to climb out of.

Woll is the only chance

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
They need to play out of their minds for what happened in Game 4. Even better than Game 5.

We'll see if they do it.

PeE eL DuBoiS

Send ze caviar to mah chambers, peasant
Mar 31, 2022
MLHS's post-game summary of Keefe's presser had the following, when Keefe was asked about Woll's performance.

Because of that and how the games and the series have gone, we have had daily discussions about when the right time is to get Joe in. Because of Sammy, how he has played, how he has competed, and how he has bounced back so many times — including from Game 1 to Game 2 in this series — you stay with Sammy, but Joe showed tonight why we have confidence in him.

I really hope I'm misinterpreting this, and he's not actually suggesting Sammy is in next game...

Reactions: Jmo89

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
He's injured 100%. Dreger was saying on FirstUp that there was a faceoff play in Game 3 where it looked like he hurt his groin but I can't find the video of it anywhere.

There was also a clip of Auston saying to a trainer in Game 4 "I can't f'n skate"
Does anyone have this clip? I missed this.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
MLHS's post-game summary of Keefe's presser had the following, when Keefe was asked about Woll's performance.

Because of that and how the games and the series have gone, we have had daily discussions about when the right time is to get Joe in. Because of Sammy, how he has played, how he has competed, and how he has bounced back so many times — including from Game 1 to Game 2 in this series — you stay with Sammy, but Joe showed tonight why we have confidence in him.

I really hope I'm misinterpreting this, and he's not actually suggesting Sammy is in next game...
No chance he goes back to Sammy.

Reactions: Ciao and banks

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I know people are talking about Mathews and Nylandr injuries in this series but the absence of Bobby McMann is huge.

Especially in a series where goals are hard to come by. Missing a 15 goal scorer is huge. We're really missing his speed and physicality too

PeE eL DuBoiS

Send ze caviar to mah chambers, peasant
Mar 31, 2022
No chance he goes back to Sammy.
Keefe is definitely dumb enough.

I hope he was retroactively defending his decision to run with Sammy all the way up to G5, but I'm not so sure.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
He's injured 100%. Dreger was saying on FirstUp that there was a faceoff play in Game 3 where it looked like he hurt his groin but I can't find the video of it anywhere.

There was also a clip of Auston saying to a trainer in Game 4 "I can't f'n skate"
why cant we have nice things.

I saw that clip when Boston scored, Matthews was barely moving and his stride looked painful. i think this whole "sickness" thing is just another cover up or mind game.

Reactions: mapleleafs34

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

If that's the case, he's definitely out for the series I think. It's at least a week off I think. He skated a little yesterday, so there's some hope.

Reactions: leafsfan5

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Auston is done this round, IMO. If he could play through it with any degree of effectiveness, he would. I suspect he's done for the series. It's the right call. We're not playing for a round 1 win, we need him healthy for a cup run. This is where your depth needs to carry you through the inevitable adversity you will face in the playoffs.

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
Sucks. A healthy team I think they take it. But their gonna have to win a few more close ones and Woll will need a few more miraculous saves on the random easy chances the Bruins get. Still I hope they play loose and take chances on zone exits like Benoit did on his goal against. Use the 5 foot pass. It worked most of the night.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
On one hand I want Shanny and Keefe booted so losing would be best
but coming back and beating the Bruins is chef's kiss
I don't think they will fire Keefe, no matter what happens in the second round. They will hang their hats on this comeback as a sign of progress.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Keefe deserves heck for being down 3-1 but praise for not being finished off when things looked grim.

Podcasts were saying he was looking like he was in an exit interview with the media after losing game 4 and he encouraged the team and strategized well enough to keep us in it. He had a few lines rolling too

Reactions: Mr_Fun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad