Votes: 55 19.6%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 15 5.3%

• Total voters

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
But to pick him in front of Lindstrom or Iginla? No for me.

Lindstrom would depend on the medical, I don't think they'd take him over Lindstrom and not sure I've seen anyone really advocate for that.

Iginla - why not? It's the same situation, they're both guys who were rated mid/late round 1 who pushed themselves up in the conversation late in the year. Sennecke is bigger and is showing more skill than Iginla has at this point.

I'm not going to say one is wrong to prefer one to the other, of course you have your preferences, but I don't think taking Sennecke over Iginla would be a blasphemous thing. Sennecke over Demidov would no doubt be a mind f***, Lindstrom as well unless the medicals are bad which we can't know.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Lindstrom would depend on the medical, I don't think they'd take him over Lindstrom and not sure I've seen anyone really advocate for that.

Iginla - why not? It's the same situation, they're both guys who were rated mid/late round 1 who pushed themselves up in the conversation late in the year. Sennecke is bigger and is showing more skill than Iginla has at this point.

I'm not going to say one is wrong to prefer one to the other, of course you have your preferences, but I don't think taking Sennecke over Iginla would be a blasphemous thing. Sennecke over Demidov would no doubt be a mind f***, Lindstrom as well unless the medicals are bad which we can't know.
I like Lindstrom or iggs

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The recency biaises are going crazy right now : if you read this board, now Iginla will go 1OA and Sennecke 2OA :D
Nah now the narrative is that Iginla can't play because he only has *checks notes* 4 goals in 4 games in the u18s. "He needs to step up".
Just for the fun of it,

Beckett Sennecke - 2023-2024 season

First 33 Games- 11 G, 17 A- 28 Points (0.85 pt/gm)

Next 30 Games- 16 G, 24 A- 40 Points (1.33 pt/gm)

13 Playoff Games- 8 G, 11 A- 19 Points (1.46 pt/gm)

The think with Sennecke is that Bob McKenzie already had him at 19th in his mid season rankings in January before he really took off in the second half. I would not be shocked in the least bit if he's somewhere between 12th-15th in his final rankings. A lot of scouts love these late risers.

If you guys would have the choice between Greentree and Sennecke, who do you pick?

There are some very good prospects that will fall to the second half of the first round.
They're both in the same category but I'd ultimately go with Sennecke for the speed and size aspect. Greentree is one of my favorite players though. He brings everything you need, size, leadership, physicality and he's an absolute monster around the net. If he doesn't pan out he's gonna he an Armia like player, which still has its uses. It he pans out he's going to end up like a Perry type.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Let the Flames get desperate and trade up for Iginla. Craig Conroy was Jarome’s teammate for 9 seasons. He was his centre for a while too. Get that Canucks pick from them. Use the Canucks and Jets picks to upgrade the current team.

At 9 you can likely walk away with one of Sennecke, Helenius maybe even Catton with the way GMs love size.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Arber is much bigger, meaner and has better hands and offensive upside.

Struble is the closest comparison to Romanov imo.
He is a bigger and meaner but I disagree he has more offensive upside. Has a bigger shot but that's it. Transition I would give Romanov the advantage.
Bottom line is Xhekaj value is similar to Romanov when we traded him. Durability matters and Arber is losing a lot of pts there.

Struble has played 50ish games in the NHL vs 120+ for Romanov at the time. Will need to prove he is not a RHP. He holds nowhere near Romanov's value.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Wow!!!!

I just listened Marco D'amico's interview on the French Radio 91.9.

He said that he did about 15 interviews so far with prospects of the June draft and Berkly Catton is the one who impressed him the most:

He said that usually the interviews are 15 minutes long but with Catton's passion of the game the interview was an hour.

He said that he is exactly the type of Martin St Louis cause he is a student of the game.

He gave an example:

Catton told him that last summer he spent hundreds of hours working on his shot but for him it was not enough so he décided to go to a goaltenders camp to speak with them. Catton asked them what were the areas where they were the most uncomfortable in the net. So with the answers that the goaltenders gave him he worked on his shot specically on that.

D'Amico said Catton had the best personnalty he interviewed so far because of his passion , his knowledge of the game etc.

Catton told him thst during the season he watched 15 habs games to study Nick Suzuki's game on 200 foot and Cole Caufield for his release.

I had Catton 3rd overall because of his IQ ( the most important quality for a hockey player). ...this convince me even more..

Last edited:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Let the Flames get desperate and trade up for Iginla. Craig Conroy was Jarome’s teammate for 9 seasons. He was his centre for a while too. Get that Canucks pick from them. Use the Canucks and Jets picks to upgrade the current team.

At 9 you can likely walk away with one of Sennecke, Helenius maybe even Catton with the way GMs love size.
Maybe we could even get an unprotected 2026 1st round pick by trading down, IYKYK :snide:

• Haha
Reactions: le_sean

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
I hope we end up with Justin Poirier withe the WPG pick, because we're going to draft a d-man with the 5th.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Wow!!!!

He said rhat he did about 15 interviews so far with prospects of the June draft and Berkly Catton is the one who impressed him the most:

He said that usually the interviews are 15 minutes long but with Catton's passion of the game the interview was an hour.

He said that he is exactly the type of Martin St Louis cause he is a student of the game.

He gave an example:

Catton told him that last summer he spent hundreds of hours working on his shot but for him it was not enough so he décided to go to a goaltenders camp to speak with them. Catton asked them what were the areas where they were the most uncomfortable in the net. So with the answers that the goaltenders gave him he worked on his shot specically on that.

D'Amico said Catton had the best personnalty he interviewed so far because of his passion , his knowledge of the game etc.

Catton told him thst during the season he watched 15 habs games to study Nick Suzuki's game on 200 foot and ole Caufield for his release.

I had Catton 3rd overall because of his IQ ( the most important quality for a hockey player). ...this convince me even more..
He's an excellent prospect

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
Poirier isn't a 1st round prospect and how many times does Kent Hughes and his staff have to say they're not taking a defenseman before we take them at their word?
Kent Hughes said at his presser that he might draft a defenceman, is there something i missed? I don't see them passing what they consider a #1 denfeceman for a 2nd line winger because they have too many defencemen.

As for Poirier, we'll see where he stands in the Bob's final list, i suspect him to be a consensus 1st rounder in the end.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Kent Hughes said at his presser that he might draft a defenceman, is there something i missed? I don't see them passing what they consider a #1 denfeceman for a 2nd line winger because they have too many defencemen.

As for Poirier, we'll see where he stands in the Bob's final list, i suspect him to be a consensus 1st rounder in the end.

He said they would not be taking a left shot defenseman, even if they were the best player available at that slot, they'd look to move down.

That keeps right shot alive but the only one that makes sense is Levshunov who will be gone in the top 4.

Lapointe himself said they're hoping defenseman knock forwards down. That being said, if there's potential 1st pairing defenseman, they'll be ranked high and selected accordingly. The teams ahead of us except maybe Columbus have massive blueline needs compared to forward needs.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
He said they would not be taking a left shot defenseman, even if they were the best player available at that slot, they'd look to move down.

That keeps right shot alive but the only one that makes sense is Levshunov who will be gone in the top 4.

Lapointe himself said they're hoping defenseman knock forwards down. That being said, if there's potential 1st pairing defenseman, they'll be ranked high and selected accordingly. The teams ahead of us except maybe Columbus have massive blueline needs compared to forward needs.
could very well happen
moving down.. I bet..

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
Anyone we get minus Celebrini or Demidov will require some fine tuning. I just want the highest upside at that position.

Rick Celebrini has expressed in a recent TheAthletic article that Macklin might not be physically ready and should probably return to BU for another year. As for Demidov, he is still under contract for another season with SKA.

In all likelihood, we will not see many prospects (if any) from the 2024 class in the NHL next season, even the top dogs. So yeah, we will not see our draft pick in the system before it's D+2 season at the earliest.​

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Wow!!!!

He said that he did about 15 interviews so far with prospects of the June draft and Berkly Catton is the one who impressed him the most:

He gave an example:

Catton told him thst during the season he watched 15 habs games to study Nick Suzuki's game on 200 foot and Cole Caufield for his release.

Catton will be an excellent player if he drops alot of teams will regret it

Dont make that mistake HuGo

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Rick Celebrini has expressed in a recent TheAthletic article that Macklin might not be physically ready and should probably return to BU for another year. As for Demidov, he is still under contract for another season with SKA.

In all likelihood, we will not see many prospects (if any) from the 2024 class in the NHL next season, even the top dogs. So yeah, we will not see our draft pick in the system before it's D+2 season at the earliest.​
He says the NHL is not a development league. I think the Habs have proven that wrong with Slafkovsky. Mack has nothing else to do in the NCAA, he was literally voted the best player. It’s time to move up.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
He says the NHL is not a development league. I think the Habs have proven that wrong with Slafkovsky. Mack has nothing else to do in the NCAA, he was literally voted the best player. It’s time to move up.

Slaf was playing in a team with no pressure to perform. It should be very different next year. There will be pressure to improve and less patience for development imo

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
It depends for each prospect. I think it was the best way for Slaf since he showed he was a quick learner and was already physically ready. But it might be different for others.

Slaf was playing in a team with no pressure to perform. It should be very different next year. There will be pressure to improve and less patience for development imo
It shouldn’t. They have many prospect who will get with the team in the next 2 years (Hutson, Reinbacher, 2024 pick, Beck) theres still a learning period and patience required.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
We are talking Celebrini. He’ll be going to an even worse team than the Habs in a possible market that has zero pressure (ie San Jose)

There’s no justification for him going back to the NCAA. It would just be silly and a place for him to pick up bad habits since he’s already better than everyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad