Peter Chiarelli End Of Season Press Conference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Doesn't sound like he'll be doing it today.

Maybe somebody should check in on him, make sure he's OK and isn't passed out cold on his kitchen floor?

And so far all Stauffer's been doing on his show is regurgitating audio bits with Drai/Lucic/McLellan that were already run yesterday, so I'm wondering if the radio show's been left a bit floundering too.

Maybe something is up? Really hard to say.
Hope so. 12 of the 14 other GMs who missed the playoffs have already spoken. Buffalo's Botterill is speaking tomorrow, and Ottawa's Dorion has a town hall with season ticket holders tonight and is scheduled to speak to the media later this week.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
sTAUUFER SAID TODAY ON oILERS NOW HE EXPECTS IT TO BE anywhere from later this afternoon to sometimes later this week, not likely to be this afternoon, but an outside chance.

Yikes. When even Baghdad Bob has to give a wishywashy answer, you know **** is about to go down.

I'm hoping the real answer is "Whenever Paul Fenton signs on the dotted line".

Reactions: Consultant

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Most of the other non-playoff teams have had their GMs address the media already. Is Chia even in the city? Is it too much to ask to be with the team even at the end of a season?

Brad Treliving did his yesterday on top of meeting with the media prior in the week.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
What a joke this POS is. 3 days after the season has ended, players have all had thier exit interview coach has had his .... GM still nowhere to be found. Can someone just can this idiot.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
What a joke this POS is. 3 days after the season has ended, players have all had thier exit interview coach has had his .... GM still nowhere to be found. Can someone just can this idiot.

After not showing his face all year long, what a coward.

At the trade deadline he refused to answer any questions outside of the deadline specifically and he hasn't been seen in town or even whispered anything to the media since.

This is seriously ridiculous. Do your damn job and face the music, the Flames GM has talked to the media multiple times this week alone and been around, not in hiding.

The Edmonton media isn't even tough, all they're going to do is lob soft ball questions, just do your freaking 30 minutes and get it over with, you can fly out right afterwards and run back to Boston or where ever you've been hiding out.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg

I really feel like TMacT was giving us a hint when he said that there were still "evaluations to be done" by people above him. That would imply Katz and Bobby Burgers are looking at something/someone, and there is only one level between them and the coaching staff...

tobias.jpg

Last edited:

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
None of us should be surprised by his silence. Looking back on his three year track record, no matter who you are, it is somewhere between sub .500 and the worst this league has seen in a decade plus. Sure some of his moves may yet pay off but with present optics he simply must be fired. This is happening. It has to. Sad day yada yada but time for a new GM. Thank you Bob, firing is tough but it is the right time. Three strikes your out.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Now that he's delayed this, I hope the media actually grows a pair for once and puts him on the spot. It's obvious he's been delaying this and ducking the media all year long.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
None of us should be surprised by his silence. Looking back on his three year track record, no matter who you are, it is somewhere between sub .500 and the worst this league has seen in a decade plus. Sure some of his moves may yet pay off but with present optics he simply must be fired. This is happening. It has to. Sad day yada yada but time for a new GM. Thank you Bob, firing is tough but it is the right time. Three strikes your out.

I'd love to imagine this organization actually being competent and doing the right thing for once, but I doubt it.

Reactions: Consultant

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Yep - say what you will about McLellan, he always has the balls to face the music and answers any question asked of him.

Our cowardly media never asks anything of substance... but that’s not Todd’s fault.

Reactions: Aerrol

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yep - say what you will about McLellan, he always has the balls to face the music and answers any question asked of him.

Our cowardly media never asks anything of substance... but that’s not Todd’s fault.
That wasn't a presser he had the other day, he organized softball tryouts and the media made the team.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I'd love to imagine this organization actually being competent and doing the right thing for once, but I doubt it.

I said it earlier this year, but this organization has absolutely zero sense of accountability.

Pittsburgh fired Shero after a 2nd round loss. They fired Johnston in December 2015, after he put up a record of 58-37-15, or 131 points in 110 games (averages to roughly 98 points in an 82 game season).

That’s accountability. That is sending the message that the only acceptable outcome is winning Cups.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
We don't need a rocket scientist GM. We need someone who won't make catastrophic mistakes like getting destroyed in trades. Anyone who can do that is automatically a huge upgrade.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I said it earlier this year, but this organization has absolutely zero sense of accountability.

Pittsburgh fired Shero after a 2nd round loss. They fired Johnston in December 2015, after he put up a record of 58-37-15, or 131 points in 110 games (averages to roughly 98 points in an 82 game season).

That’s accountability. That is sending the message that the only acceptable outcome is winning Cups.

And at least Shero got some leash because he made two Cup finals, one Cup win by Crosby's 4th year, and had a valid excuse in Crosby suffering from concussion issues afterwards. He never really lost any huge trades or made any huge blunders in signings either.

All we've done is beat a Sharks team that had Joe Thornton playing on one leg and Logan Couture playing with a broken face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad