Peter Chiarelli End Of Season Press Conference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Has there been any word yet on when Peter Chiarelli will have a presser? Looking at the last 2 seasons that we missed the playoffs...

2015 - MacT had his 2 days after this season ended
2016- Chia had his the day after the season ended.

We are on day 3 now. Is there a chance that his job is being discussed right now?

Soul8

Jan 20, 2018
Stauffer said something on his show yesterday about Spector not being here for the Chia conference. I assumed he meant it would be today. But that was my assumption. So at this point I haven't heard for sure when the presser is going to be

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Really makes you wonder whats going on behind the scenes. Just seems eerily quiet. I wonder if their offseason plan was Quennville, and now they are trying to figure out what they want to do.

Maybe its just the Broncos tragedy that has delayed everything.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
It'll just be the same old brief, bunch of nothing when it finally happens.
But maaaaan I'd like to be surprised by him getting the boot.

Reactions: Aerrol

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Stauffer said something on his show yesterday about Spector not being here for the Chia conference. I assumed he meant it would be today. But that was my assumption. So at this point I haven't heard for sure when the presser is going to be

The way Stauffer said it yesterday was that he wasn't sure if Chiarelli's presser was going to be either Tuesday or Wednesday. He did make it sound like it would definitely be one of those two days.

Guess we'll find out soon enough. While it's a bit out of the ordinary to have this kind of gap, when he finally does crawl out of his couch cushion fort I expect it'll be every bit as uneventful as McLellan's was. At most, he might take the time to confirm which assistant coaches will be returning and which ones won't be having their contracts renewed...and even that announcement might be some time yet in coming.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Chia's presser paraphrased between the lines...."be prepared to be the laughing stock of the league again this year...blah blah blah...we can fix this with some more one for one trades and still have some cap space so we don't feel so clausterphobic"

Soul8

Jan 20, 2018
Hard to imagine Chia being let go when it sounds like Tmac isn't even going to go. How often does a GM get fired before getting multiple coaching changes?

Reactions: A91

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Hard to imagine Chia being let go when it sounds like Tmac isn't even going to go. How often does a GM get fired before getting multiple coaching changes?
Makes sense, but I don't think it's completely unheard of if it's decided that the coaching staff was a point of weakness and they've found some else they think is an improvement.

Reading the tea leaves, I would think there's going to be a press conference tomorrow, Chiarelli will no longer be GM, Paul Fenton or Norm McIver (AGM in Chicago) brought in to replace him, the assistant coaches fired, not sure on replacements.

Edit: Chia is just straight POHO.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Makes sense, but I don't think it's completely unheard of if it's decided that the coaching staff was a point of weakness and they've found some else they think is an improvement.

Reading the tea leaves, I would think there's going to be a press conference tomorrow, Chiarelli will no longer be GM, Paul Fenton or Norm McIver (AGM in Chicago) brought in to replace him, the assistant coaches fired, not sure on replacements.

Edit: Chia is just straight POHO.

Zero chance of any of that happening.
Chia and Mclellan will get one more kick at the can which might be a kick in the nuts for us but they aren't firing them one year removed from a 103 point season.

They might change an assistant coach or two with Coffey being the likely replacement IMO to rejuvenate the PP.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Chia and Mclellan will get one more kick at the can which might be a kick in the nuts for us.

They might change an assistant coach or two with Coffey being the likely replacement IMO to rejuvenate the PP.
We need a game here at HFOil where you make up the stupidest story you can think of and if it actually comes true you get.... well, nothing I guess.

But yeah Coffey is going to be hired.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Chia and Mclellan will get one more kick at the can which might be a kick in the nuts for us but they aren't firing them one year removed from a 103 point season.

Ok then, they haven't announced anything, so things are still up for interruption imo. I would say and will say, that if Chiarelli is moved to just POHO, it will be Nicholson's call.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
If Chia and TMac don't get fired and they come out flat next year, this is just a delay of the inevitable, imo.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
We need a game here at HFOil where you make up the stupidest story you can think of and if it actually comes true you get.... well, nothing I guess.

But yeah Coffey is going to be hired.

The ego on Katz & Co is truly something to behold, just keep adding players from the glory years, that’ll fix everything.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Doesn't sound like he'll be doing it today.

Maybe somebody should check in on him, make sure he's OK and isn't passed out cold on his kitchen floor?

And so far all Stauffer's been doing on his show is regurgitating audio bits with Drai/Lucic/McLellan that were already run yesterday, so I'm wondering if the radio show's been left a bit floundering too.

Maybe something is up? Really hard to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->