Persona Series

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB

I was skeptical after hearing there would be new English voice actors but honestly I'm impressed. They seem to have done a very good job. Also apparently social links can still reverse but you can no longer break them completely.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Will wait until they inevitably release a version with FES stuff and possibly the female protagonist.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
They have done this for Persona 3, 4 and 5. I doubt the remake of 3 will be exempted.

Seems like a bit much considering that content already exists, unless they are revamping/adding a bunch to it.

And it's apparently a $70 game....

I happily paid for P5 and the P5R upgrade because it was totally worth it. It's certainly possible that will be true for P3 but I'm having trouble envisioning it. :laugh:

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003

Some new trailers. I have only ever played 4 and 5, so I think I might bite the bullet and pre-order for the full $70. I'm on the fence a bit. If I had played it, I might hold off a little bit, but since I never have, I'll probably be angling to jump on it right when it comes out.

Reactions: Turin

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011

Some new trailers. I have only ever played 4 and 5, so I think I might bite the bullet and pre-order for the full $70. I'm on the fence a bit. If I had played it, I might hold off a little bit, but since I never have, I'll probably be angling to jump on it right when it comes out.

I have played 3 before and I'm still purchasing this Day 1. It's still really good even though you don't hear people talk about 3 that much.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
The one complaint I have is that the new armband design looks terrible during the anime cutscenes. Otherwise this looks awesome and I will be playing day 1. Releasing in February will also give me enough time to finish the massive amount of games we have coming out the rest of this year before I dive into this.

Last edited:

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
You guys sold me - I just preordered. I almost never do it (I did it for PS4 Cyberpunk when it came out...), but the last couple of games that I wanted to play at release and didn't preorder were a real pain to acquire.

In a pragmatic sense, I also imagine this won't get much of a price cut after release, since it's been remade pretty significantly with the graphical upgrades, new cutscenes, dialogue, QOL stuff, etc.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

Yea this is hype. I never got into P3, I had it downloaded on my Vita but just couldn't get into it after playing 4 and 5. Soundtrack slapped though, like always.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Have they confirmed whether the remake includes all the FES content?

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I'm 6 hours in and enjoying it a lot so far though I can already tell this is going to be a much easier game despite playing on the hardest difficulty

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Okay okay I take it back, it slaps. It's like a time capsule to 2006 (even tho the game is set in 2009 now for some reason). The edgy, emo vibe is nostalgic asf and I never even played 3. The music in Persona games is always great but the new tracks in this one are instant classics.

Reactions: Jovavic

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Theurgies are cool but they seem to kind of hurt the balance of the game. I've lost a handful of times on Hard so far, I think I'm about halfway or a little more than halfway through the game (lv 40) but I'm not experiencing too much challenge. Maybe I'll play Merciless next playthrough once I'm done.

Extremely addicted though.

Last edited:

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I'm only playing on normal, but I find it slightly harder than Persona 4 or especially 5, at least intuitively. That said, other than once very early on, the only time I've died has been bad luck getting hit with Mudo.

I should probably crank the difficulty to hard, but I'm some kind of combo of addicted and rushing to finish before FF7 Rebirth comes out.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I'm only playing on normal, but I find it slightly harder than Persona 4 or especially 5, at least intuitively. That said, other than once very early on, the only time I've died has been bad luck getting hit with Mudo.

I should probably crank the difficulty to hard, but I'm some kind of combo of addicted and rushing to finish before FF7 Rebirth comes out.
Unless you've never played SMT or Persona before I would def recommend Hard.

About 2.5 hours into 3 but do I need to prepare for another 10 hour tutorial here?
Kinda. 3 is slower in the beginning than 4 and 5

Reactions: DJ Spinoza

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Yeah I'm 25 hours in on Merciless and haven't had much trouble so far. Only entering Tartarus once per cycle (aside from the first one) has been easy which was not the case in the original.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Unless you've never played SMT or Persona before I would def recommend Hard.
Thanks -- yeah, I have played 5 + 5R, most of 4, nearly all of SMT Nocturne (shameful not to finish), so I really should just crank it up. The most recent bosses I had were Hierophant and Lovers and I wiped the floor with them, so even though I am trying to sprint through by next Thursday (almost no way I can do it), bumping to Hard will probably help hold my interest.

Reactions: Turin

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3