Post-Game Talk: Could've been worse. Leafs go down 3-1 in the game and the series.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
The most frustrating part of all this is that Boston isn't really that good of a team. They're well-coached and have elite goalies but that's not a juggernaut in any fashion

We just throw away the game and they know that'll happen so they wait and pounce on our errors

This series has CBJ series written all over it. I see the similar things happening this time around.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
For JT and Marner they only have to stay for one more season. At the end of the day they have full control of where they want to move next.
Correct. They have full control of where they get traded to. And they technically could choose not to be traded at all. But in reality no player ever makes that choice. Ever. We need to stop acting like players and their contracts are unmovable. We traded David f***ing Clarkson.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Toronto is WAY, WAY softer on its players than the big American markets, I'm sorry.

Boston would set these guys' cars on fire.

Ya ya ya ya. People ain’t soft on Marner, he gets burried left right and Center. Most of it deservedly so. But people try and act like the market is soft on the players. Yes they are to an extent but not when it comes to Marner.
Matthews gets off wayyy easy

Reactions: TMLife17

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Ya ya ya ya. People ain’t soft on Marner, he gets burried left right and Center. Most of it deservedly so. But people try and act like the market is soft on the players. Yes they are to an extent but not when it comes to Marner.
Marner gets crap from the fans because he deserves it and then some.

Montreal would grind his bones to make their bread.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
For like the fiftieth time... WHY WAIT IT OUT?
Get rid of him now. Why are we just okay with burning off one more year of Matthews' prime with a roster that can't win? We should be doing anything that we have to do to get rid of JT.

I share your frustration but the NTCs and NMCs on Tavares and Marner contracts are something that is a reality.

Options are you wait them out; request them to waive or be absolutely STONE COLD and just pressbox them and force them to request a trade.

Last option is the nuclear option and one has gotta use that option with proper optics so as to not to scare anyone to come here I suppose and have a bad rep

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Remember when him and his agent shit all over the first Matthews signing...Pepperidge Farms remembers.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Piss poor effort.

The talented guys just won’t force their way to the dirty areas and Boston is collapsing and taking away everything else.

Another neat and tidy game by Boston where our special teams were outplayed.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I share your frustration but the NTCs and NMCs on Tavares and Marner contracts are something that is a reality.

Options are you wait them out; request them to waive or be absolutely STONE COLD and just pressbox them and force them to request a trade.

Last option is the nuclear option and one has gotta use that option with proper optics so as to not to scare anyone to come here I suppose and have a bad rep
I think Tavares and Marner are in very different situations.

JT is not going to waive and no one wants that contract. Marner could help a lot of teams and needs a fresh start desperately.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK

I can't help but notice that you mentioned other options in that post other than waiting them out.

In other words, you agree that it's not the only thing that we can do with those guys.

If we've come to the conclusion that we can't win with them, then what are we f***ing waiting for?

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Correct. They have full control of where they get traded to. And they technically could choose not to be traded at all. But in reality no player ever makes that choice. Ever. We need to stop acting like players and their contracts are unmovable. We traded David f***ing Clarkson.
Clarkson isn't a good example because he was on LTiR.

I mean even Sundin didn't waive his NMC on a bad Leafs team. Like I said nothing is guaranteed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad