Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
For any of you that are curious, Guerin said "this isn't a one year thing" at the end of the press conference.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
For any of you that are curious, Guerin said "this isn't a one year thing" at the end of the press conference.
It really says a lot when the GM doesn't even leave the window open to atleast talk with other available coaches....or to leave the interim tag on and see who is available in the summer. It's just like his extensions to Foligno and company. He just does it right away, because it's what he wants NOW! Screw being patient and looking at the bigger picture down the road.

I don't think I've ever heard of a GM firing a coach and hiring a new guy the same day....with the new guy being given the full time job.

Reactions: TaLoN and Spurgeon

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It really says a lot when the GM doesn't even leave the window open to atleast talk with other available coaches....or to leave the interim tag on and see who is available in the summer. It's just like his extensions to Foligno and company. He just does it right away, because it's what he wants NOW! Screw being patient and looking at the bigger picture down the road.

I don't think I've ever heard of a GM firing a coach and hiring a new guy the same day....with the new guy being given the full time job.
He's lazy, or impatient. Maybe both.

Reactions: TaLoN

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
still guerin's geezers i think guerin endorses this beer!
1701220338374.png

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Seth Toupal made a good point on Locked On Wild. Hynes has not used the word grit yet. His emphasis word is speed. Can't say I have a problem with that at all :dunno:

I also liked that they practiced today. Practicing is good for a struggling team :nod:

Reactions: fgobuzz and Lapa

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Early thoughts on Hynes so far?

I have very few complaints so far. I like some of the things he's tried. I'd like him to use Rossi and Hunt a little bit more than guys like Bogosian and Goligoski though. Last night Johansson and Hartman were out on the 6v5 and Rossi was stapled to the bench. I'd take Rossi over Johansson out there. The Hunt stuff is minor, that's more just me looking for things to "not like" about him.

Reactions: TaLoN

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Early thoughts on Hynes so far?
Much better than I thought. I like how much he plays Gus and how he manages the players TOI overall. Shorter shifts, more spread out over the lineup. Uses the second PP a bit more so the #1 PP guys not get overly exhausted returning to their regular shifts.
He occasionally doubleshifts Kap with the fourth line dudes. At least he tries stuff on the fly, which Deano never did.

Reactions: fgobuzz and TaLoN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Much better eyebrows than Yeo.

He seems to be trying a lot of combinations out there, but with the injuries we have and lack of NHL ready prospects down in Iowa, I don't know that there is much that can be done.
The penalty taking has to stop. He's got to do something about that.

Reactions: Al Lagoon

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
What's your take?
He's doing things! He's willing to change up when a combo isn't working that day, and he'll try it for more than a shift or two.
I'm waiting to see how he handles a really bad goalie day... is he willing to switch it up more than Deano? Hard to imagine he'd do it less...

Reactions: Sweetnut

Filip

Jan 29, 2021
I read and do not understand one thing. Why blame Guerin or not believe Hines when we have 14 million dead cup? For this money, one could take, for example, Elias Lindholm as the center of the first line and add a top offensive defender. At the moment, we have only not yet strengthened Rossi.
Potentially we will have a strong team in a couple of years. Dead cup will be final, the ceiling will rise, then it will be possible to seriously talk about some kind of system.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I read and do not understand one thing. Why blame Guerin or not believe Hines when we have 14 million dead cup? For this money, one could take, for example, Elias Lindholm as the center of the first line and add a top offensive defender. At the moment, we have only not yet strengthened Rossi.
Potentially we will have a strong team in a couple of years. Dead cup will be final, the ceiling will rise, then it will be possible to seriously talk about some kind of system.
You blame Guerin because of the contract choices he has made with certain personnel. Not everyone over 30 needs a NMC but here we are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad