Weegartown
1*1LPBUmm5gjoDfet6AzMf1A.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Fig and Ace Rimmer

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Canucks fan in peace here, I expected there to be more of you posting. Did last season kill off this forum or what?
I don't think many of the posters here are all that jazzed about this tournament. Several reasons: the big club has enough intrigue built into it that this seems trivial, the prospect pool right now isn't that big a deal as we aren't in a rebuild and haven't really stocked the cupboards for a while, and realistically every year I can remember getting excited for this tournament we are super underwhelmed by the product.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Canucks fan in peace here, I expected there to be more of you posting. Did last season kill off this forum or what?

It's a long slow culmination of apathy.

but last season was probably one of the worst in my Calgary Flames fandom. Started by watching our two beloved young star forwards both say they didn't want to be here. Set the NHL record for 1 goal losses in a season. Our brand new 84 million dollar man set the record for largest one season drop in point production in history. Our expensive #1 goalie was letting in floaters from the point. Kadri completely tuned out half the year. Sutter speaking in tongues.

It was rough.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I don't think many of the posters here are all that jazzed about this tournament. Several reasons: the big club has enough intrigue built into it that this seems trivial, the prospect pool right now isn't that big a deal as we aren't in a rebuild and haven't really stocked the cupboards for a while, and realistically every year I can remember getting excited for this tournament we are super underwhelmed by the product.
I get that, the one ice product isn't great as it's preseason with sub-NHL level talents. I just figured there would be more than 4 of you here.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
For me, it's because it's still summer here and I was doing the outside activity things.

And completely forgot this tournament was happening. I blame the Flames marketing team for that one, mostly because I can.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It's a long slow culmination of apathy.

but last season was probably one of the worst in my Calgary Flames fandom. Started by watching our two beloved young star forwards both say they didn't want to be here. Set the NHL record for 1 goal losses in a season. Our brand new 84 million dollar man set the record for largest one season drop in point production in history. Our expensive #1 goalie was letting in floaters from the point. Kadri completely tuned out half the year. Sutter speaking in tongues.

It was rough.
I can't imagine the core of any team I cheer for just up and saying, "I don't want to be here even if we're good. Get me out." I'm not exactly cheering for you or anything, but a season that gives more hope and changes the direction of the Flames is something that I can hope for.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I actually really like a bunch of our prospects right now, but other than Coronato, Honzek and Kuz they've aged out of this tourney.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I went to the game. Liked Morin a lot. There is a lot to work with there. He’s definitely got to learn to retreat more in the pro game.
Coronato looked okay with the puck but he’s gotta improve his play away from the puck.

Ciona and Stromgren had moments. Otherwise yucky across the board.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Non flames fan checking in. Watched a period. I like what I saw from Nikolaev. Obviously needs to grow/develop, but good base to build on.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
A whole lot of meh last night from a Flames perspective. Good news, despite the score, is that they may have found a goaltender to play in the AHL to possibly allow Wolf to make the jump to the NHL.

Ciona is a keeper. Physically he looks ready. Kinda of reminds me of Tkachuk as a matter of fact. Skates better though.

It was obvious that the Canucks had a lot of more experienced players on their squad, especially the D. They were the much more cohesive side.

Flames were sloppy all over the place and really couldn't get untracked. Their D sucked big time.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
The positioning of the whole team was brutal. Made it hard for anyone to chain together any semblance of a play. Lots of Bleh. I wonder if this will get better as they play more together.

Random flashes from Morin, Stromgren, Honzek and Ciona.

Expected more from Kuznetsov, Coronato and Kerins as in I felt like many plays broke down around them. But unsure why specifically them.

Was it Cote who kept whiffing on plays? dude needs to settle down something fierce. Seems like he could at least be like a Jokkipakka caliber guy if he calmed down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad