GDT: Penticton Young Stars Tournament September 15th-18th

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Throw away the tape. I’d expect some of these guys to be a LOT better than what we saw last night.

In saying that, the lack of talent in the system is showing. Whiffing on the last few drafts hasn’t really helped, and Brad’s nonchalant attitude with our picks has done lots of harm. Just another bad spot Connie is in.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I was initially upset that I had prior arrangements that excluded me from watching the game.. but looking at that score makes it a whole lot better, lol.

I am excited to catch the game tonight! Redemption PT. 1... Go!

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Throw away the tape. I’d expect some of these guys to be a LOT better than what we saw last night.

In saying that, the lack of talent in the system is showing. Whiffing on the last few drafts hasn’t really helped, and Brad’s nonchalant attitude with our picks has done lots of harm. Just another bad spot Connie is in.
I think the issue is that your management seemed to have a very specific skill set they were drafting. From the one game it seemed like management wanted the bigger sized power forward type.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I think the issue is that your management seemed to have a very specific skill set they were drafting. From the one game it seemed like management wanted the bigger sized power forward type.
They’ve been shifting towards size in recent drafts which I’m not a particular fan of. Guys like kuznetsov and stromgren so far haven’t really impressed to say the least. Ciona has done well, but he’s going to need to take a massive leap to be a top 9 player.

The last time the flames took a size approach they had pretty much a decade of no talent coming from their system. Honzek is definitely a wait and see though, the production is promising at least, but I do worry the flames passed on higher upside talent.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
That's a period where I saw glimpses. Coronato looking decent. The Bell kid was noticeable. I really liked seeing that goal we had, too. I forgot his last name, d'oh.

Edit: Nikolaev! 😅

Last edited:
Reactions: Nanuuk

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Van mulligan? Really. That name is kinda hilarious based on those sequences.

Not too impressed with Coronato's stick control on these penalties. I'd assume he should have slightly better stick control as a sniper.

Reactions: deleted user

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
*sips strong ginger tea, pulls blankets tighter* 😄

Leaving the stream running but I'm putting my phone away for the evening. Take care, fellow Flames fans!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad