GDT: Penticton Young Stars Tournament September 15th-18th

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
It definitely looks like the formations are tightening up. Anyone identify yet what type of system Cull is running right now?

It reminds me a little of what Geoff Ward ran. That's fine if this is a transition for the team and the team is still developing and figuring things out, but not if it's the end product.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Bell impressed me, I think he gets an entry level contract. Ciona will be a Chris Neil type imo.

I thought Honzek got better as time went on. The separation and vision are there but he needs to be more involved. He should also be moved to C and given time to work there.

Coronato is going to be a good player. Expecting Toffoli but starting to hope for Cammeleri.

Love the Etienne Morin pick.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
I thought Honzek got better as time went on. The separation and vision are there but he needs to be more involved. He should also be moved to C and given time to work there.
Conveniently so do the Flames, as his Junior team has also announced that "this season he will be being moved to Center"

Reactions: Fig

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Truculent!

You recovering from something too?
Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was COVID finally after all this time getting me or just what. I was down and out for a relatively long time before finally feeling the tides start to turn.

Reactions: Fig

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was COVID finally after all this time getting me or just what. I was down and out for a relatively long time before finally feeling the tides start to turn.
Hope you’re feeling better

Reactions: deleted user

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Chiprakov(sp?) sure can shoot that puck. Don't like it when he has the puck, lol. Most noticeable Jets player.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Galloway with the cross check, PP for Jets with 1:50 left in the 1st.

Definitely felt like the Jets had a better period. Power play time will do that.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I can't keep tabs on the game today, but the more I'm thinking about it, I feel like some of the scouting mandate isn't purely truculence, but may also be trying to steal a page from the Jets from 5-6 years ago. Jets were reasonably successful with that mandate and they obviously didn't draft solely because big, so it'll be interesting to see how things transpire in the next few seasons.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
On a side note... I'm a bit surprised the streaming quality is so good. In past years, watching Flames pre-season games has been a struggle sometimes.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Chiprakov scores. You just felt like he would tonight.

Edit: Tonight? Hahaha. Damn. Auto pilot. Morning game, Intrama. Settle down bud.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Decent game, little choppy there in the third.. but it was a fun game to watch. ^⁠_⁠^

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Really liked Stromgren and Lipinski tonight. Not a big fan of Honzek again though.

Thought Kuznetsov did a lot of little things well in this tourney.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad