Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CellarDweller0

Feb 19, 2010
Mississauga
Wolls been good, but bruins need to challenge him more…. He spent half the game the last 2 games doing basically nothing
The shot attempts show that they are trying but the team in front of Woll has been able to keep shots to the outside and/or block the shots. They have been very good in front of him and he's been great when needed.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Insert the spiderman meme here.

Stoppable force meets movable object.

The NHL, NHLPA, advertisers, sponsors, networks, bars and anyone who makes a penny of hockey were pushing for this since game one.

You know who wasn't? The fans. These two fanbases would have taken a sweep either way or a win in 5 just so changes or progression would be seen. Instead, there is a nation of Boston Dangles and Toronto Dangles that are going to have PTSD and start cheering a little less and spending a little less.

Didn't it feel like the Leafs mailed in game 4? And the Bruins game 5-6?

Reactions: TD Charlie

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
Didn't watch the game but full credit goes to any team that limits the shots to 1-2 for the first periods of hockey games.

I know Leafs fans expect more (as do Bruins fans) but what a way to not quit and roll over and die when they were burned at the steak after game 4.

Full credit for to the Leafs for showing guts. Joseph Woll has been outstanding. Nylander stepping up and delivering when it counts.

That said I can’t remember seeing a team so apparently not interested in generating offence as the Bruins in game 5 and game 6. Watching them feels like a time machine to 1999 dead puck era hockey. It’s baffling.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Ooof. I think Leafs are 0-8 with McCauley or something. I know there is a narrative out there that he hates the Leafs. Did he tweet something once or was that someone else? Either the trend continues or odds are Leafs win. Refs shouldn’t play a part in outcomes of 7th games.

Just call it fair and consistent, but don't game manage.
not picking on leafs fans but since you mentioned it, do people really believe refs have a bias against certain teams? Would think if its as noticeable to said fans, the NHL would notice it too and think its bad for business

Reactions: BB79

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Personally leafs story and way to play remembered me pittaburgh of 2015-2016.

They lost a key player with flower just before the playoff. Zatkoff was starting goalie to start the playoff, he was just okay after 2 game so they switch for a rookie Matt Murray who step up big. The team in front didn't had a pretty good def but they working extremely hard and the foward group help a lot the D group and blocking entry zone and the front of the net extremely well.

If Toronto finish the work vs Boston, they will be extremely hard to stop for the rest of playoff.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Full credit for to the Leafs for showing guts. Joseph Woll has been outstanding. Nylander stepping up and delivering when it counts.

That said I can’t remember seeing a team so apparently not interested in generating offence as the Bruins in game 5 and game 6. Watching them feels like a time machine to 1999 dead puck era hockey. It’s baffling.

I watched game 5 then knew it was going to 7 and didn't watch last night. It was uncanny how much of a 180 they did.

Reactions: TD Charlie

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I've been working on these NFT's of our guys. I think they're coming along decent! Have to laugh about it a little right?

Picsart_24-05-03_12-37-50-612.jpg
Picsart_24-05-03_12-33-15-880.jpg
Picsart_24-05-03_12-09-51-152.jpg

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The Leafs have shown in the last two games that you can finally be rewarded when your team focuses on team defense first, offense second.
Boston defense has mostly been ok. Even the last couple games. But you did say defense first offense second

Boston has sort of been on a “wait, huh?” First, and then defense second.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Still don't have much faith as a Leafs fan that they actually get it done. But I suppose I enjoy that they haven't just rolled over and died like I was expecting them to do after being down 3-1. Woll has been a savior.
Marchand needs to stop flopping so much, I'm not even upset he does it, if you get the call it can be a good move in the playoffs. But the guy is getting blown over by farts, and everytime I see him he's horizontal on the ice staring at the Zebras. They've clearly stopped calling his shit, and he should just focus on hockey, because he's actually pretty good at it.

Anyway, my 0.2. Go Leafs.

Reactions: PeE eL DuBoiS

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Woll is doing his giguere impression carrying thr leafs. Can't believe how they flipped thr switch without Matthews. It going to be an interesting game 7 with the Marchand and matthews drama at the center stage. It works out for Toronto because takes the pressure of them.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
as someone who HATES the Leafs, I can't believe that the Leafs look more physical and ready to win compared to the Bruins. Boston has been playing with so much BS luck all season long, that I think losing to Toronto would be very funny. Toronto has a lot to win for this game, and a lot to lose. Woll should've been in net after game 3 and there is zero reason why everyone besides Marchand looks horrible for the Bruins. Also this makes Jim Montgomery's seat searing hot. Another 3-1 series lead squandered.

Its about time to admit that the Bruins were one of the luckiest teams in NHL history two years in a row if they lose game 7.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Some truly wild hot takes on Matthews going on right now lmao
It's crazy, do people not remember how dominant he was in game 2? We won on the back of him doing everything

We've only scored 2 goals in B2B games, having the best goal scorer in the world who is great defensively will only help us. The Leafs hunkered down for 2 games without him, but expecting them to do that going forward is unrealistic

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Perhaps in Canada.... 90% of casual American hockey fans will not even know Matthews' name let alone have feelings towards the Leafs. The us against the world narrative is aggressively pushed by Toronto and its media to give a sense of belonging to rally around. It works for Toronto.

You really think 90% of American hockey fans don't know who Auston Matthews is? Like really that high?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
The non call on the boarding was bullshit. You have to call that.If that’s McAvoy they would of called it.

He was holding his stick and continued to do so through the hit putting himself in a vulnerable position. Completely self inflicted and probably coincidentals if it was called.

Ooof. I think Leafs are 0-8 with McCauley or something. I know there is a narrative out there that he hates the Leafs. Did he tweet something once or was that someone else? Either the trend continues or odds are Leafs win. Refs shouldn’t play a part in outcomes of 7th games.

Just call it fair and consistent, but don't game manage.
not picking on leafs fans but since you mentioned it, do people really believe refs have a bias against certain teams? Would think if its as noticeable to said fans, the NHL would notice it too and think its bad for business

Keefe testified in court against McCauleys sexual assaulting little boys brother-in-law. There actually is a clear conflict of interest that was investigated by the league last season.

Reactions: Caps8112

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Domi is a Bruins killer. He has been as advertised and I wish the Bruins had signed him just to avoid his abilities against them. But the other nostalgic part of me loved seeing him in Toronto with the Domi on the back of the Blue jersey again.

I dig that too. Hopefully he sticks around.

Reactions: JadedLeaf

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
The non call on the boarding was bullshit. You have to call that.If that’s McAvoy they would of called it.
He literally held his stick before the boarding, so you have to call both which is off setting minors. Not sure why you're ignoring that. Or McAvoy headshotting Kampf with no call, or Geeke taking out Woll with no call.

Strangle

May 4, 2009

I think it’s pretty much been proven that refs call games with their feelings, Tim peele ring a bell?

Or even call games based on their personal bets at the time, this has all been pretty well documented in all sports, but including hockey.

The NHL does know this, and I can only imagine they don’t want to make it a bigger story than it already is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad