Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Rangers | win | The win we needed, not the win deserved

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
ok who else here was wondering why the hell dumo was on the ice at the end of the game? he's garbo now. Puck goes into our corner during the play, dumo gets there first and of course the puck doesn't get out of the zone and a ranger gets posession.
we need to get Petry back. Also it's very obvious that Ruh is not as serviceable as he has been in previous years. He is 32 now, and perhaps he's age combined with the fact he was always a #7 is catching up

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
ok who else here was wondering why the hell dumo was on the ice at the end of the game? he's garbo now. Puck goes into our corner during the play, dumo gets there first and of course the puck doesn't get out of the zone and a ranger gets posession.
we need to get Petry back. Also it's very obvious that Ruh is not as serviceable as he has been in previous years. He is 32 now, and perhaps he's age combined with the fact he was always a #7 is catching up
It was:

Jake-Side-Rust
Dumo-Letang

and my heart was racing the entire time. Thankfully they put Malkin out there eventually.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Lindgren cross-checking Rust after he scored the PP goal just reminded me of when Orpik did that :laugh:
Seeing the Rangers get away with that and then coming on here to see their fans whining about the Dumo trip is pretty pathetic. Refs miss stuff all the time, but when it is as blatant as these two plays, it's pretty bad.

Rust back to being a real hockey player.

I miss Petry
Amazing what happens when the coach plays a player in a position that they usually thrive in. Rust on the PK has been a season turner for both Rust and the team.

Reactions: Gurglesons

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Kappy should get the warrior helmet for this game simply for keeping Rust from embarrassing himself when he was going to go after the guy that cross checked him.

Last edited:

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
And why the hell was Rust, our worst defensive winger, subbed in for Rakell, arguably our best defensive winger? MS overcoaches all the damn time and it drives me nuts. I'm not sure if he's trying to look smart, or thinks it is smart to do this all the time.

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
Haha I think the key is the beer. I always grab a Nu Haze behind section 210(?) when the game starts. Hasn’t steered me wrong yet.
Pair it with the BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos from Smokehouse in section 221. You won't be disappointed. I'm 3-0 on the season when I get the glorious nachos.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Attending the game last night and seeing the whole ice, it was really apparent to me how much better the NYR defensemen looked in all facets of the game. It was like our defense looked AHL and theirs NHL All Star.

Still Apps

The New Gig
Jan 10, 2012
Home
Tanner Glass-Joe Vitale-Craig Adams
Orpik-Scuderi

And with coach Dan Bylsma…

How did we survive as fans? We should have all died of severe indigestion/lack of hydration…
dammit.JPG

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I would say:

Down by 1, the Penguins pull their goalie, 6-on-5, Malkin at the point...yes there are trust issues.

Up by 1, the other team pulls their goalie, 6-on-5, Malkin can be trusted with the right linemates and dmen.

Yeah fair on both. Though I'd say I'd be fine having him out there down a goal just not on the point (have never liked him on the point really) and when defending the lead late it's a matter of having the right line configuration and dmen no matter who we're talking about.

I wouldn't have really trusted Malkin defensively out there last two seasons but I would based on how he's played this year.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
"mAlKiN cAn'T bE TrUsTeD tO cLoSe oUt GaMeS!1!"

He had three opportunities to clear the puck and didn't. One was a nice play by the NYR defense. But if everyone thinks he played great in a defensive role....that's what effort looks like.

Why don't we ever see that 5 on 5? That's where my criticism always begins.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I would say:

Down by 1, the Penguins pull their goalie, 6-on-5, Malkin at the point...yes there are trust issues.

Up by 1, the other team pulls their goalie, 6-on-5, Malkin can be trusted with the right linemates and dmen.
I still prefer having Sid's line out there for now. For the 6th attacker, I totally agree with you, Geno at the point with Letang, Sid, Guentzel, Rackell, Rust as Forwards would be my 6

Reactions: SEALBound
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad