Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Rangers | win | The win we needed, not the win deserved

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I still prefer having Sid's line out there for now. For the 6th attacker, I totally agree with you, Geno at the point with Letang, Sid, Guentzel, Rackell, Rust as Forwards would be my 6
I'd personally go

Jake on the half wall, Rakell in the middle, Sid roving, Malkin on the half wall with Letang and Petry on the points. I can do without Rust for now.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Beating a NY team?

theoffice-i-like-it.gif

Is that Gerard Gallant?

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
McGinn, Zucker, Blueger, Rakell had excellent games.

That might have been the least effort Sid has ever put into a 2 point game.

POJ was out to lunch tonight in the D zone.

Jarry was excellent after the first goal. He was jobbed out of the 3 starts tonight.

I’m 5-0-2 at PPG this year as a first time season ticket holder (half season).

Wins Against:
Tampa
Vegas
St. Louis
Dallas
New York

OT Losses Against:
Boston
Carolina

Half season ticket holder? Pffft...you should not be even able to post here!

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I'd personally go

Jake on the half wall, Rakell in the middle, Sid roving, Malkin on the half wall with Letang and Petry on the points. I can do without Rust for now.

Jake to me is extremely leaky when it comes to defensive situations. I would never have him out there

Sid/Rakell/Zucker/Carter/Blu/Malkin are all fine choices. Jake and Rust = yuck in those scenarios

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Jake to me is extremely leaky when it comes to defensive situations. I would never have him out there

Sid/Rakell/Zucker/Carter/Blu/Malkin are all fine choices. Jake and Rust = yuck in those scenarios
oops, i thought we were talking about PP, for 6 on 5 I keep Jake cause he is one lucky motherf....

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

I mean, I was speaking about the power play but...

Shifting towards 6 on 5 defensive situations, I agree. I'd like to run McGinn-Sid-Bleuger as the end of game trio with Petts and Letang.

PenguinSuitedUp

Oct 2, 2019
McGinn doesn’t possess the puck a lot. I think that’s something that gets obstructed by some of these charts. Some players don’t possess the puck to impact the game.

I absolute love McGinn though, so I’m biased as hell. He’s exactly what this bottom six has been missing and reminds me a ton of Eric Fehr.
Yeah, McGinn's game is all about what he does without the puck. Constantly moving his feet, applying pressure and angling out the other team's transition, getting to the right area on the ice when we have possession. All things he's good at, and he has a pretty good shot for a 3rd line forward.

Also couldn't believe Kapanen recorded 8 hits last night - I don't remember seeing one that had a similar impact to anything McGinn was doing.

Maybe just half the time?

Maybe just half the time?

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

PenguinSuitedUp

Oct 2, 2019
Pair it with the BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos from Smokehouse in section 221. You won't be disappointed. I'm 3-0 on the season when I get the glorious nachos.
I'll have to check them out! I've been having the chicken fingers if I can't get to the arena in time for Milano's. Can't believe they only come in a basket of 3 haha.

I also just noticed they started stocking a double haze, but I can't make the change with the point streak on the line!

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
I'll have to check them out! I've been having the chicken fingers if I can't get to the arena in time for Milano's. Can't believe they only come in a basket of 3 haha.

I also just noticed they started stocking a double haze, but I can't make the change with the point streak on the line!
The Nachos are by far the best value for food you can get in the arena. I'd say the second is the steak sandwich from Chickie and Pete's on the first level. Third would be the smoke bacon panini from the carving station.
What do I do with my season tickets? Use it as an excuse to eat at every place in the arena haha.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

PenguinSuitedUp

Oct 2, 2019
The Nachos are by far the best value for food you can get in the arena. I'd say the second is the steak sandwich from Chickie and Pete's on the first level. Third would be the smoke bacon panini from the carving station.
What do I do with my season tickets? Use it as an excuse to eat at every place in the arena haha.
Good call on the steak sandwich! That's my next play.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
It's an odd notion. You don't "deserve" to win or lose. You get more points, you win. It's a game, not a trial.

Loving hockey these days!
But isn't the "right way to win" mistake-free defensive dominance, where a goaltender doesn't have to rely on posts when he repeatedly gets beat?

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
But isn't the "right way to win" mistake-free defensive dominance, where a goaltender doesn't have to rely on posts when he repeatedly gets beat?

I define post hitting as part of "luck". Sometimes it goes your way and other times not. But it generally evens out over time.
Nice to be on the positive side of it for this tilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad