GDT: ECQF: Game 6 - Toronto Maple Leafs Vs Boston Bruins, 8 p.m. ET, TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
everybody has a team they dispise ....the talking heads in the GTA make the leafs an easy target. Most of their fans ai t helping that.

But the "pathetic" thing here is not that.......it's the Maple Leafs play off record for the last 20years
Wow. Aren't you a clever, original one. Did you think of that one all by yourself, Mr. First Team To Ever Finish In 32nd Place In NHL History?

giphy.gif

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I'm not sure about Mecca's followers, however Toronto's followers usually drop off drastically once the playoffs go on without them.

I know, it really sucks when Toronto is no longer in the playoffs

Every hockey fan kind of just deflates at that point. It’s nice to know we all share THE PASSION

Reactions: Summer Rose

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Too many people saying the Leafs win 😳🥶
Yeah, I'm honestly surprised at the amount of confidence people have in the Leafs right now. They're without their best player and they suck at scoring goals even with him in the lineup. Plus they're at home where we all know the struggles they have had

If they can gut this one out, it'll likely be on the back of Joseph Woll

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
The galactic center would be the largest ball of gas, no?

Well, it's thought that most galaxies with significant mass have a supermassive black hole at the galactic center, but some smaller ones as well as some non-galactic star clusters have a nuclear star cluster at the center instead. So... is the hockey world a massive galaxy, a small galaxy, or a star cluster? You tell me, I'm just trying to run with this analogy for fun.

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7 and Lshap

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
I think this series is going 7. I would love nothing but for the Leafs to lose tonight, so that ultimately wholesale changes can be made to both the team and especially the management, in the off-season, but in watching Leafs games this year (not much of a choice, my sons are both die hard Leaf fans), I am amazed by truly how unpredictable they have been this year.

So many games this season I expected them to blow out their weak opponents, they have struggled and lost what I expected to be gimme games. And when they have played formidable teams in the regular season and I expected them to get shellacked - they get the win. If there has been any consistency this season, it's the unpredictability of games for which the Leafs have played.

They managed to pull off oh so many last minute comebacks to get it into overtime, and so even though I do not like the Leafs, I think it would be foolhardy for anyone, supporter or not, to rule them out. They are just too unpredictable and in the playoffs, that's a good thing for all fans of the game.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
I just realized I have to want Toronto to win tonight, because we'd otherwise have on Saturday no hockey to watch.

So... go Leafs go!
So many days off between games. Anybody remember the 80s when they played back to back Game 1 and Game 2, travel day and then game 3-4 B2B.

This is from 1983 Oilers beat the flames 4-1 in a week (5 game days and 2 travel days. Boston Buffalo 7 game series done in 11 days. you got an off day to travel- that was it
1714663937002.png

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Well, it's thought that most galaxies with significant mass have a supermassive black hole at the galactic center, but some smaller ones as well as some non-galactic star clusters have a nuclear star cluster at the center instead. So... is the hockey world a massive galaxy, a small galaxy, or a star cluster? You tell me, I'm just trying to run with this analogy for fun.

Confirmed, summer rose is an AI

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
I'm not sure about Mecca's followers, however Toronto's followers usually drop off drastically once the playoffs go on without them.
Is this really surprising? I mean, it's not hard to figure out.

Largest fanbase in hockey. It's spring. Your favourite team is knocked out. Is hanging out on a message board really a high of a priority if you don't have a team to cheer for?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
My insecure male ego only remembers you calling Montreal the biggest star.

As for clusters, let's hope this GDT doesn't become one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad