Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Kraken | Loss | Release the Jarry!

Who is more frustrating?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Are you under the impression that the top teams in the East all have 12 forwards with significantly more scoring than we do?

I'm saying they each have much better playoff rosters that can play the game different styles. Each can score and each can get downright nasty when needed.

The Pens can score, but if their top line goes MIA again this year, it will end even quicker than it did last year.

Sully is going to roll with the same first line, even after watching what the Isles did to them last year.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
I'm saying they each have much better playoff rosters that can play the game different styles. Each can score and each can get downright nasty when needed.

The Pens can score, but if their top line goes MIA again this year, it will end even quicker than it did last year.

Sully is going to roll with the same first line, even after watching what the Isles did to them last year.
If the team refuses to defend, then sure, it will end more quickly.
Of course, 'we need to defend better' is different than 'we need to score more'.
Incidentally, this game can also play different styles. We are good at defense, but only when we want to be. We can also play the track meet style.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I made a comment back after the last cup regarding the which goalie they should keep. I wanted MAF for 2 glaring reasons.

First if they traded Murray at that moment, what they received in return could be helping this team in HUGE ways right now.

The other reason was when I looked at Murray, he did not look naturally as thin as he was at the time. I saw that as a sign his body would break down quickly over a short period of time. Looking at his picture, he looks like he's aging rapidly no living at his ideal weight.

Murray had 3 years where he just couldn't gain traction on the elite status he should have been trending towards, we were in a good spot at that moment in time when MAF was still here too.

We had MAF, we had Jarry but then Murray came out of nowhere in his last year in Juniors and what he did in the AHL and the rest is history. But we also had Gustavsson who I was actually very high on with Jarry (I saw both as the future tandem). We lost MAF to Vegas in a smart move, we kept Murray as the future goalie based on his body of work, but then he just imploded and they should have traded him in year 2 of his woes, but it is what it is.

We lost Gustavsson in another of JR's idiotic trades and then were lucky they hung on to Jarry.

Imagine if Jarry was moved and the team picked up one of the veteran UFA goalies this summer and went with that goalie and DeSmith. Oh right, one of the goalies was MAF, imagine if the Pens got MAF and dealt Jarry to the Hawks and we had MAF + CDS as our goalie tandem...are we better? No.

Yikes.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Defense is for cowards. Bring back 7-8 finishes baybee!

Jarry hearing that and is like....

CluelessDeficientGlobefish-max-1mb.gif

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
I legitimately can’t tell if some of these posts are shtick, created from inside some bubble of irony, or genuine. Sincerely hoping for the former here. Holy christ.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It was a high profile guy, maybe Luongo for some reason? And they were just like "Yeah, I totally just piss in my pads during the game so I don't leave the net, doesn't everyone?" like it was completely normal.:laugh:
I vaguely remember Billy G being mad at DiPietro in Long Island for peeing in showers, but that was the only pee story I can think of in the NHL. Or wait, who was the player that left the bench because he had to take a shit?

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
No, wait, Luongo was the one who had to take a massive shit during a TV time out and didn't tell anyone so they had to send out the backup while he was poopin'.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
No, wait, Luongo was the one who had to take a massive shit during a TV time out and didn't tell anyone so they had to send out the backup while he was poopin'.
Found the story...
“I was there doing my business and I hear the play starting in the arena,” Luongo told Sports Illustrated in 2016. “So I panicked there. I don’t remember if I wiped. I just put my gear back on, tried to get out there as soon as I could.”
Details of infamous Luongo poop story revealed in new book | Offside

Jeez. Roberto "Skidmarks" Luongo.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yeah, gross. :laugh: But there was someone else who was just like "I straight up piss in my pants." It'd kind of be perfect if it was Holtby, tbh.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
dr-evil-how-about-no.gif

Keep it on topic or its getting locked up early boys and girls.

Cowrd, I will never not poats about doodie.

Something I don't get about ZAR's usage -- if he's this defensive genius, how come we never use him on special teams anymore? Honest question here, not trying to do my usual shit on boring dumb players here. But let's look at his usage now: ZAR gets no PK time, he's under 10 minutes a night and we don't use him in high-pressure defensive situations anymore.

I know that Boyle would be also under 10 minutes a night too except for his PKing, but I really wonder if that 4th line is as good as we think. Cullen's line was averaging, what 11 minutes a night at ES or something, and our 4th now is usually under 9. So, if we're not that comfortable with that line to use it to an advantage, then we should actively trim the fat on it.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Its usually three factions...

One side wants to talk about the last dozen or so games or more and say relax.

Then there's the we're shit we suck crowd.

Lastly, there's the - We're not awful, but there's some bad habits and that needs to stop crowd.

I'm in the last one, the first one is mad at the middle one thinking the last one is the same.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Zohorna-G-Carter
McGinn-ERod-Kap
Heinen-Boyle-ZAR

ERod needs to be at C right now. Give Geno a long pants line. Why not?

The argumenet against Z-G-C is that Carter's 2way play is not good this year, plus it's more minutes for a 37 year old. So, you're basically asking Zohorna to be ZAR and be the defensive consciousness on that line, and I don't think the coaching staff is nearly comfortable enough with him there.

But I don't mind the idea in theory of moving Carter to the wing.

E-rod has hit the McCann problem where he looks miles better at C, has had lots of of success there this year, but for whatever reason he's just not seen as a centerman by the coaching staff. So, he's just not going to get that 3C spot, or even 4C, no matter how good he looks lthere.

Lastly, I have a hard time seeing ZAR on the off-wing.

Reactions: Anna Pinion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad