Series Talk: Pens vs. Habs - Episode 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Just want to reiterate one more time. When it comes to injuries we are going to be a little more tight on the joking around. We will NOT joke around about coronavirus and we will not say "Is ____ dead?"

This will not be acceptable for the foreseeable future.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Just want to reiterate one more time. When it comes to injuries we are going to be a little more tight on the joking around. We will NOT joke around about coronavirus and we will not say "Is ____ dead?"

This will not be acceptable for the foreseeable future.

It sounds like your sense of humour is dead.

But, yeah, times have changed with that. We probably should have stopped Going so far here after Dupuis could have died, in hindsight. Or Letang’s stroke.

Reactions: BHD

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017

But, yeah, times have changed with that. We probably should have stopped Going so far here after Dupuis could have died, in hindsight. Or Letang’s stroke.
My dad lived to be 92. Called him every day. Every day he answered the phone the same way: "still not dead". God I miss that man.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
My dad lived to be 92. Called him every day. Every day he answered the phone the same way: "still not dead". God I miss that man.

Yeah, but your father wasn’t (sorry for your loss) a stranger you’re joking or speculating about. My grandmother has been talking about who gets what once she dies for as long as I can remember and it’s become a bit of a joke but we know her.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

It has nothing to do with Cole.

In this day and age anyone can flip anything into an insensitive remark.

Just waiting for someone to sue a network for an announcer calling a player 'on fire' because someone they knew actually caught fire and it caused them unwarranted grief and pain.

It's the world we live in.

Reactions: BillPrep

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
It has nothing to do with Cole.

In this day and age anyone can flip anything into an insensitive remark.

Just waiting for someone to sue a network for an announcer calling a player 'on fire' because someone they knew actually caught fire and it caused them unwarranted grief and pain.

It's the world we live in.

Well, if Jordy Bellerive ever reads this forum, we're all f***ed.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I f***ING LOVE PATRIC HORNQVIST!

giphy.gif

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
That's kind of funny since I linked an article from 2016 (when the sale was under consideration) that said Mario is believed to own 40% (with Burkle believed to own 25% and, unstated, the balance owned by minority partners).

https://nypost.com/2016/01/13/mario-lemieux-mad-over-messed-up-penguins-sale/

His is still insisting deferred payments are Mario selling off his shares. Which makes no sense given Mario was trying to sell the team. Why sell the team if someone is willing to buy his shares?

Reactions: KIRK

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm glad to see Hornqvist back, but I'm disappointed to see that Lafferty is going to be pushed out when Hornqvist is back. It's certainly not a bad problem to have, but from what he showed in the scrimmage, I want Lafferty in the lineup in the playoffs. I don't know who you'd be able to take out, though.

The only guys you can really argue to be out of the lineup for Lafferty (or ERod, for that matter) are Marleau, who leads the NHL in playoff goals among active players, or ZAR, who's the guy driving the bus defensively on that 4th line.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
I'm glad to see Hornqvist back, but I'm disappointed to see that Lafferty is going to be pushed out when Hornqvist is back. It's certainly not a bad problem to have, but from what he showed in the scrimmage, I want Lafferty in the lineup in the playoffs. I don't know who you'd be able to take out, though.

The only guys you can really argue to be out of the lineup for Lafferty (or ERod, for that matter) are Marleau, who leads the NHL in playoff goals among active players, or ZAR, who's the guy driving the bus defensively on that 4th line.
Oh I'm guessing we'll see Lafferty. Players get bumped/bruised. Likevyou say, not a bad problem to have.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA

I’d prefer we run with the roster we have right now TBH. Lafferty looked great in camp this year as well. Then his play fell off a cliff after his first couple games. Everyone we have but our fourth line has proven to be able to produce in the playoffs.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Off the top of my head I cannot think of one single legend in sport who took paycuts and was owed money that he left on the table just to stay in a city he was unfamiliar with.

Mario Lemieux is probably the closest thing to a legit saint. I heard stories that Roberto Clemente was like this as well, but unfortunately I was born in 1985 and only have heard stories. But for Pittsburgh to have TWO of these guys and then float around some people like Geno, Fleury, Sid, Troy Polamalu, and countless others... we are so f***ing lucky.

I don't think people should look up to celebrities, athletes, etc. It's stupid. I 100% think people should look up to Mario Lemieux.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Off the top of my head I cannot think of one single legend in sport who took paycuts and was owed money that he left on the table just to stay in a city he was unfamiliar with.

Mario Lemieux is probably the closest thing to a legit saint. I heard stories that Roberto Clemente was like this as well, but unfortunately I was born in 1985 and only have heard stories. But for Pittsburgh to have TWO of these guys and then float around some people like Geno, Fleury, Sid, Troy Polamalu, and countless others... we are so f***ing lucky.

I don't think people should look up to celebrities, athletes, etc. It's stupid. I 100% think people should look up to Mario Lemieux.

Mario is an anomaly. No controversies, no scandals, incredible comeback story, incredibly respected by all fan bases (even Flyers fans), giving guy, savior, hero, one of the top 5 ever to play the game. I was born in 84 and started watching hockey in 1990/91. He was my idol

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Mario is an anomaly. No controversies, no scandals, incredibly comeback story, incredibly respected by all fan bases (even Flyers fans), giving guy, savior, hero, one of the top 5 ever to play the game. I was born in 84 and started watching hockey in 1990/91. He was my idol

Um. He definitely has controversy and scandals in his history.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Well, Pittsburgh is a cool city that easily feels like home.

At least, that's how I feel about the Burg. Felt right at home the first time I stepped foot there.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
His is still insisting deferred payments are Mario selling off his shares. Which makes no sense given Mario was trying to sell the team. Why sell the team if someone is willing to buy his shares?

Lemieux was paid 21 million of the 32 million in owed payments in 2007. His deferred payments are done, and his equity has nothing to do with it: Penguins to give Lemieux $21 million in settlement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00