WC: 2024 Czech team in Prague!

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Todays game clearly showed how much we are lacking in scoring.

Suddenly we are down 3-1 (and complete luck from Norwegians who had nothing in this game) and we struggle with this and need million shots to turn this over. Against stronger teams that would be a killing blow for us.

D is not good, there is nothing offensive wise. We need Jiricek so bad, but he will not come, thats 100% right now. Too bad we dont have any offensive and creative Ds in europe (couch couch Tichacek, Kral?? Nothing? lol)

As for NHL guys, we may shit on not taking Kulich all we want, but at the current situation, its understrandable. We have 3 top NHL guys in play to come, so there is sadly no room for AHL young guy, eventhough I would love to see him there.

It would be funny though, if Zacha says f*** you I will not come, or Boston advances, and we will have nothing and miss on Kulich lol. But it is what it is, we are risking this and believing all three stars from NHL will come, I guess thats ok.

Last thing and I cant believe it come to this lol. I must apologize to Beranek with all my heart. Guy not only today with a scored goal, but also at the game with Finns .... he was great, and I may have been completely out on this one lol. Still the hardest games are in front of us, so lets see how he fares in those, but so far he is great and I am idiot for shiting on him.BUT lol (yeah I must keep some face lol) this still may change

Overall todays game we dominated and the W was well deserved, shame we are struglling so much in finishing and lacking some more contribution, and support from the defenders. Not only this should have been a much easier game (cmon this way we outplayed Nores so much it should have been 8-9:1
but also this may cost us in the tougher games

Swiss game will be the key, If we manage to win that, and in perspecitve of Pasta, Zacha and Necas coming .. we may even score a bronze there

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

I was so wrong on this one! It looked awful when it happened. My online PhD is useless.lol

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Denmark - Canada 1:2 so far ... oh hell, why we cant sometimes get Canada early in the tournament lol? No we have to get them last where they will already be pumped up and destroy us 6:1 :D

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Denmark - Canada 1:2 so far ... oh hell, why we cant sometimes get Canada early in the tournament lol? No we have to get them last where they will already be pumped up and destroy us 6:1 :D
More importantly is Austria up on Swiss right now and we get them after a back to back...

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
If we have only 3 spots left, how would you fill them? (if Bruins and Carolina will end in SC)

Of course I'd like to have Necas, Pasta and Zacha. Necas and Pasta are sure thing 👍 but don't forget we have only 7 defenders on the roster. Would you risk and take Zacha or defender Scotka? 🤔
I'd take Scotka 😭😭 Omg it's crazy, I prefer Scotka over Zacha 😂 I 'd never say that and hockey god will punish me 😂
But situation is as it is.

Last edited:

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
If we have only 3 spots left, how would you fill them? (if Bruins and Carolina will end in SC)

Of course I'd like to have Necas, Pasta and Zacha. Necas and Pasta are sure thing 👍 but don't forget we have only 7 defenders on the roster. Would you risk and take Zacha or defender Scotka? 🤔
I'd take Scotka 😭😭 Omg it's crazy, I prefer Scotka over Zacha 😂 I 'd never say that and hockey god will punish me 😂
You don't need 8 defenders and Scotka is like you would still have 7

Zacha all the way, you just can't leave 60points in NHL like that if available lol

Question is, will he come? :D

Another thing, Pasta is not playing very good now, so I fully expect some big reveal him playing through injury and not coming after they get kicked out lol. It would be only fitting considering our luck these last two years lol

patas92

Nov 29, 2019
Personally I would not even invite Zacha for his history of declines. And take Lauko or Blumel instead. Hell I would even take younger Jiricek over Zacha.
They will want him solely because he played most of last two season in one line with Pastrnak. I know his history with NT, but I would give him last chance. We can't afford to writte of quality player in his prime like him for good. If he comes this year and again refuse next time with some questionable reasons then sure, screw him, but not yet.

Reactions: Goodman68

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Personally I would not even invite Zacha for his history of declines. And take Lauko or Blumel instead. Hell I would even take younger Jiricek over Zacha.
So you would close the door to the national team for one of our best forwards, a guy with the potential to be a 1st liner at the Olympics, used to play in the line with our best player (David Pastrňák). And pick a hard working, but still rather average forward like Lauko instead. OK, now that's a weird opinion.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice

There is no such risk. If a player is injured and the injury is assessed by the IIHF physician as serious, he can be replaced by a new player. That's the IIHF rule. So, if we add Pastrňák, Zacha and Nečas, and one of the defensemen is injured, we can still add Ščotka at any time.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Bruins aren't coming back, they are pretty bad and they keep getting dicked by the refs.

That being said, I almost wish Pastrnak declines due to an injury or whatever. The whole playoffs I have to read and listen to Czech 'fan' bozos wishing Pastrnak and all the other good Czechs left in the NHL to lose, so they can join this nothing B-tier tournament as soon as possible. They all grind 82 games during the season with their sights set on the Cup, nothing else matters. Wishing against them goes pretty much against the whole idea of hockey.

And I say this as someone who is fortunate enough to have a ticket for the game against Britain, so should Boston lose in game 5, Pastrnak could be a real possibility for that game.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Bruins aren't coming back, they are pretty bad and they keep getting dicked by the refs.

That being said, I almost wish Pastrnak declines due to an injury or whatever. The whole playoffs I have to read and listen to Czech 'fan' bozos wishing Pastrnak and all the other good Czechs left in the NHL to lose, so they can join this nothing B-tier tournament as soon as possible. They all grind 82 games during the season with their sights set on the Cup, nothing else matters. Wishing against them goes pretty much against the whole idea of hockey.

And I say this as someone who is fortunate enough to have a ticket for the game against Britain, so should Boston lose in game 5, Pastrnak could be a real possibility for that game.
Funny and I have it completely the other way. I am sick of crazed NHL fanboys shitting on international hockey like it's some beer league no one cares about (which clearly based on the number of NHL players on this year's worlds and attendances so far is not true).

We are all still discussing and caring here about Czech prospects, how many guys are drafted, how many play in the NHL etc and then we are all dicks just cause we dare to want them to actually play for NT when they are ready ? Why do we even bother then if we have 1 or 30 guys in the NHL and if 1 or 20 gets drafted, if then we don't have to want them to play for NT? Player nationality would just not matter at all then and we don't need to bother.

Plus here you are in Europe where majority of the people don't care that much about NHL and Care much more about ELH and WCH/nt. It's just closer to us and that's a fact.

I personally don't give a flying f*** who wins the SC, I watch NHL solely for the players and especially Czech players. Don't have any favorite team there so I don't care who wins the league.

And NO I will not root for some team I don't care about to advance in favor of our guys coming to WCH play for national team, and YES I want them to get eliminated and come to play here, it's much more valuable to me then if they come for some parade in summer with SC. And I don't feel bad about it.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice

I have been rooting for Boston all season long but I don't see them coming back vs. Panthers to be honest. Everything seems to kind of go against them in this series, beginning with the game 2.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Funny and I have it completely the other way. I am sick of crazed NHL fanboys shitting on international hockey like it's some beer league no one cares about (which clearly based on the number of NHL players on this year's worlds and attendances so far is not true).

We are all still discussing and caring here about Czech prospects, how many guys are drafted, how many play in the NHL etc and then we are all dicks just cause we dare to want them to actually play for NT when they are ready ? Why do we even bother then if we have 1 or 30 guys in the NHL and if 1 or 20 gets drafted, if then we don't have to want them to play for NT? Player nationality would just not matter at all then and we don't need to bother.

Plus here you are in Europe where majority of the people don't care that much about NHL and Care much more about ELH and WCH/nt. It's just closer to us and that's a fact.

I personally don't give a flying f*** who wins the SC, I watch NHL solely for the players and especially Czech players. Don't have any favorite team there so I don't care who wins the league.

And NO I will not root for some team I don't care about to advance in favor of our guys coming to WCH play for national team, and YES I want them to get eliminated and come to play here, it's much more valuable to me then if they come for some parade in summer with SC. And I don't feel bad about it.
I'd give this post multiple likes if I could.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Just chiming in.. don't even invite Zacha if he is available. He will say 'no'. If you don't invite him, he will say he would've loved to have come.

It'll be pretty funny if both series go to 7 games.lol

Ayiluss

May 29, 2021

This is the best post since I joined forum. 100% agree with it.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
So you would close the door to the national team for one of our best forwards, a guy with the potential to be a 1st liner at the Olympics, used to play in the line with our best player (David Pastrňák). And pick a hard working, but still rather average forward like Lauko instead. OK, now that's a weird opinion.
I am not exactly saying that, but players that show up for national team on consistent basis and are perhaps somewhat worse than others who do not show up almost never/at all -> these players should be given priority. There must be some kind of benefit for showing up for national colours.

I personally like to watch NHL play offs, mainly because of my fave players but my interest level is nowhere near to international tournaments, especially senior WHC or best on best Olympics and that be said about 90% of czech general public.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm a huge Oiler fan. But when they are out, I rarely care at all who wins the Cup. Games in mid June don't interest me much. And even know.. my mind is more on the Swiss game then the Oilers loss last night (which sucked). NT first... which is why I say don't invite Zacha.

Reactions: Old Man Jags

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Kubalik sounds like he is mostly healthy. He hasn't played well before the injury so we will see how he does. I thought he miscast in Ottawa and blamed them. But we put him in a top 6 spot with PP time and haven't really noticed him. I'm a big fan of his and hopenit turns around but his NHL stats are looking accurate.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
And for now.. I refuse to even believe I will see pasta or Necas. Seems to good to be true. Both would give us some legit medal chances imo.

Reactions: martygod12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad