Series Talk: Pens vs. Habs - Episode 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'd think that Horny is the only one who actually WILL play.

EDIT: Unless maybe they extend the bench a little for the last two on each side?

Little more confirmation on this from one of Haase's articles -

"The first two scrimmages were two teams of two forward lines and two defense pairings. Thursday's scrimmage will be two teams of three forward lines and six defensemen. So some of the Black Aces will play."

Although I'm not sure how this works when we only have 10 dmen...

Reactions: KIRK

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

"The first two scrimmages were two teams of two forward lines and two defense pairings. Thursday's scrimmage will be two teams of three forward lines and six defensemen. So some of the Black Aces will play."

Riikola plays forward.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Gonna be funny when L2 still takes every shift in front of he who shall not be named. :laugh:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Gonna be funny when L2 still takes every shift in front of he who shall not be named. :laugh:
tenor.gif

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Off the top of my head I cannot think of one single legend in sport who took paycuts and was owed money that he left on the table just to stay in a city he was unfamiliar with.

Mario Lemieux is probably the closest thing to a legit saint. I heard stories that Roberto Clemente was like this as well, but unfortunately I was born in 1985 and only have heard stories. But for Pittsburgh to have TWO of these guys and then float around some people like Geno, Fleury, Sid, Troy Polamalu, and countless others... we are so f***ing lucky.

I don't think people should look up to celebrities, athletes, etc. It's stupid. I 100% think people should look up to Mario Lemieux.

I guess you should qualify that by saying, "In the free agent era . . . . " since players didn't have much choice before that. You should read Ball Four if you never have to get some idea of how players were paid before free agency. Or, as a (former) Pirate fan, I always heard the Ralph Kiner story, who asked for a raise after he hit 37 home runs for the god-awful 1952 team. The answer was that they could have finished in last place with or without him.

Yeah, Clemente was a saint, my idol as a kid. Still remember watching Steve Blass and him carry the team to the '71 series, where I was when he got his 3000th hit, and New Years AM in 1973 when I/we all found out he'd been killed. Crushing.

You might have to add Willie Stargell and Franco to your Pittsburgh saints list, maybe anyone who has a statue.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
^ I need to read a little more on both of those guys. Especially Roberto. I hear a lot of stories of all he gave back. His legacy still lives today.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I’ve never been a baseball guy, but I always stop at PNC to pay my respects to that guy.

Legend.

Fantastic park. Say what you will of the owners nowadays, but damn. The park is a beautiful spectacle. If driving through the tunnels to see the city pop up is the best shot, I'd give PNC Park a 2nd place ribbon.

Mt Washington gets some love. There are some great spots.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I've been legit under a rock for several months. I know they were scrimmaging but...Sid hurt?

Can someone give me 3-4 sentences to recap? Looks like GTG for 8/1?

PhilThrillPill

Jun 4, 2016
Toronto
Mario is an anomaly. No controversies, no scandals, incredible comeback story, incredibly respected by all fan bases (even Flyers fans), giving guy, savior, hero, one of the top 5 ever to play the game. I was born in 84 and started watching hockey in 1990/91. He was my idol
Same here! Born in 1984, started watching them in 90-91 when we moved to Pittsburgh. My father (neonatologist) actually helped deliver his first child and we have a signed photo as proof!
In love with hockey since then watching games even in Israel at 3 in the morning. Finally get to Canada for a couple of years as part of a fellowship and of course no hockey
Go figure

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I've been legit under a rock for several months. I know they were scrimmaging but...Sid hurt?

Can someone give me 3-4 sentences to recap? Looks like GTG for 8/1?
Sid tripped over Johnson during a scrimmage and left immediately, although on his own power. Lower body. Seemed precautionary. He practiced this morning.

Apart from Bjugstad and Simon being unavailable, we look ready to go.

There's not many questions apart from who our starter is gonna be and how Zucker will work out on L2. P.O Joseph is at camp but I highly doubt Sullivan will give him a chance now, during the playoffs, regardless of how impressive he was in the minors.

The line-up will look like this most likely:

Guentzel - Crosby - Sheary
Zucker - Malkin - Rust
Marleau - McCann - Hornqvist
ZAR - Blueger - Tanev

Dumoulin - Letang
Petterson - Marino
Johnson - Schultz

Murray got rocked 7-0 in a scrimmage but was much better at the next one. Jarry looks dialed in.
Based on Sullivan's comments, I suspect he'll start Murray. Perhaps a short leash though.

Reactions: 3ladesof5teel

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Sid tripped over Johnson during a scrimmage and left immediately, although on his own power. Lower body. Seemed precautionary. He practiced this morning.

Apart from Bjugstad and Simon being unavailable, we look ready to go.

There's not many questions apart from who our starter is gonna be and how Zucker will work out on L2. P.O Joseph is at camp but I highly doubt Sullivan will give him a chance now, during the playoffs, regardless of how impressive he was in the minors.

The line-up will look like this most likely:

Guentzel - Crosby - Sheary
Zucker - Malkin - Rust
Marleau - McCann - Hornqvist
ZAR - Blueger - Tanev

Dumoulin - Letang
Petterson - Marino
Johnson - Schultz

Murray got rocked 7-0 in a scrimmage but was much better at the next one. Jarry looks dialed in.
Based on Sullivan's comments, I suspect he'll start Murray. Perhaps a short leash though.

Perfect, thanks!

Hopefully Sid is back to 100%.

Reactions: Riikolas Revenge

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Is it too tin foily to question that Sid's core muscle surgery was done by a Philly doctor? ;)

Obviously grasping at what may be wrong with him at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad