Series Talk: Pens vs. Habs - Episode 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Sid tripped over Johnson during a scrimmage and left immediately, although on his own power. Lower body. Seemed precautionary. He practiced this morning.

Apart from Bjugstad and Simon being unavailable, we look ready to go.

I watched the feed over and over and I cant find Sid ever hitting JJ.

1:18:45 is the last sid shift before he's just 'gone'.

McCann touches him and Rodrigues is the last person to touch him. Both more like glances than actually touching.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
So..... is there a better 5th line in the league than Simon Bjugstad Lafferty?
I was just wondering if we could get the cup now, 'cause depth!

Also, a person close to the team told me Jack Johnson convinced Sully that Geno feels insecure about being aggressive on the fore-check unless Johnson is also on the ice. The same person says Tesla will be at less than $600 come November, so at least one of those pieces of information might turn out valuable.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
So..... is there a better 5th line in the league than Simon Bjugstad Lafferty?
I was just wondering if we could get the cup now, 'cause depth!

I mean, most of them because they wouldn't have two injured skaters on them :P

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Also, a person close to the team told me Jack Johnson convinced Sully that Geno feels insecure about being aggressive on the fore-check unless Johnson is also on the ice. The same person says Tesla will be at less than $600 come November, so at least one of those pieces of information might turn out valuable.

What the actual f***

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
What the actual f***
6e4836ce122b44072a8b11a186b07e42.jpg

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What's with the seeming obsession in the coaching staff/front office to want to start Matt Murray despite all recent evidence pointing to Jarry being the better goalie?

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
What's with the seeming obsession in the coaching staff/front office to want to start Matt Murray despite all recent evidence pointing to Jarry being the better goalie?

Murray has won 2 Stanley Cups and has a lot of playoff experience, Jarry has played well in the NHL for about 3 months.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Honestly if we are rating both on recency... Murray has probably been the better player.

Unless we are counting scrimmage games.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Murray has won 2 Stanley Cups and has a lot of playoff experience, Jarry has played well in the NHL for about 3 months.

I get that but there isn't much room margin for error, if Jarry was the better guy at the pause (wasn't he?) and is playing better during the camp leading up, that would be my call.

Montreal's PP looks ineffective as usual, so should still be able to outscore us anyways

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I get that but there isn't much room margin for error, if Jarry was the better guy at the pause (wasn't he?) and is playing better during the camp leading up, that would be my call.

Montreal's PP looks ineffective as usual, so should still be able to outscore us anyways

Murray was playing better at the pause...but he’s looked in fine November form at this re-start...and that’s worrying

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Mark it down: our goalie play will be the reason we either get to the finals or lose in the first playoff round...it’s a major weakness for us, as pretty much every other top East team has no question marks at goalie except perhaps the Caps with how Holtby is going to look...

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Well no, they were both playing like mediocre goalies. Since Feb 1, Murray played 11 games, 5-5-1, .895 SV% and a 2.93 GAA. Jarry played 7 games, 3-4, .896 SV% and a 3.3 GAA.

Ugh... yeah... that's pretty gross.

I still very much hesitate to call the Jarry "the better goaltender" though. To me he's still an incomplete.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
This is the type of person, who sees a player score an HT in a game and starts a thread of "HoW dO wE Get PlAYeR X oN mA Team!!?"

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Jarry is clearly the better of the 2 right(yes these scrimmages count) now but i fully expect them to go with Murr.
Theres more scrimmages coming tho so things can change.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Well no, they were both playing like mediocre goalies. Since Feb 1, Murray played 11 games, 5-5-1, .895 SV% and a 2.93 GAA. Jarry played 7 games, 3-4, .896 SV% and a 3.3 GAA.

Yeah, even if you look at their last 5 games each it’s pretty weak.

TJ
.944, 2gaa
.808, 5gaa
.909, 2gaa
.844, 5gaa
.833, 6gaa
Avg: .868, 4gaa

MM
.857, 3gaa
.885, 3gaa
.933, 2gaa
.821, 5gaa
.909, 2gaa
Avg: .882, 3gaa

I don’t envy the coaches with this. Jarry has played 33 games this season and while he was great he had also slowed down before the stoppage. It’s a very small sample size for a player a lot of people were calling a bust the season before. They have a bigger sample size with Murray but he’s had a bad season; he did turn around a rough stretch the prior season though. Now they’re supposed to use what is essentially the preseason to assess goalies and that can be a pointless endeavour.

Really, with everything going on, they need both goalies to be ready to go. All you need is an injury or a Covid problem and they’re on to the next goalie. Desmith should also be watched like a small child so he can’t lose any important documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad