Post-Game Talk: Pens 5, Habs 3 - Oh, Oh, Oh Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Why doesn't Letang try a spin move when forwards bear down on him? He NEVER does the spin move.

That’s why he gets hurt. He commits to the play (usually) and takes the hit to make the play. He’s not big enough to get away with it.

Tanev does it too. He is also gets hurt doing it.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Is Sid coasting right now a bad thing?
Sid had a very strong third, he was fighting like a maniac, he needs someone to stretch the rink a bit, too much grinding on the wall, he needs a little bit more room there, I would move Phil, with sid, with Brass and Rust that could still be decent 3rd, and with a good puck possession guy with some hands could be excellent third line

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Saw we won, good! Can Malkin get 10 goals in the final 10 remaining games? probably not but all he needs are a few hattricks plus a few 2 goal games and the remaining 0 goals. So 2 hattricks, 2 2 goal games, then 6 0 goal games.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Saw we won, good! Can Malkin get 10 goals in the final 10 remaining games? probably not but all he needs are a few hattricks plus a few 2 goal games and the remaining 0 goals. So 2 hattricks, 2 2 goal games, then 6 0 goal games.
they have two more games agains montreal,that should be good for 4 goals and six points, plus games with Isles, with this kind of schedule he should get 8 more goals and maybe 16 points...

Reactions: Sam Spade

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Penguins D is atrocious, but man when that 200 foot game get's going look out. Getting pinned in, they are in serious trouble. Playoffs should be super exciting just like the last two years.

They aren’t playing playoff D yet. Giving them way too much room. The 2016 D style is pretty taxing so maybe that’s why they give up some big scoring chances.

Doesn’t help our current goalies get better though.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Sid had a very strong third, he was fighting like a maniac, he needs someone to stretch the rink a bit, too much grinding on the wall, he needs a little bit more room there, I would move Phil, with sid, with Brass and Rust that could still be decent 3rd, and with a good puck possession guy with some hands could be excellent third line

The guy never played a full season, just having Sid out there makes such a massive challenge for match-ups for the rest of the team. Having Sid out there is a game changer no matter what he does.
This team is going for the cup, not the Sid show we know from Sid's early years when the entire team sucked ass and he had to do it all himself.
Embrace.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
They aren’t playing playoff D yet. Giving them way too much room. The 2016 D style is pretty taxing so maybe that’s why they give up some big scoring chances.

Doesn’t help our current goalies get better though.

I agree. This team tonight will not be the same team you see in game 1 of whoever we see. Flyers, Capitals, Blue Jacks, Devils...

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
they have two more games agains montreal,that should be good for 4 goals and six points, plus games with Isles, with this kind of schedule he should get 8 more goals and maybe 16 points...
How about Geno just scores 5 goals each game on Montreal in those 2 games?

Reactions: EightyOne

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Hornqvist seems more involved in transition and shooting more (and looks ok doing it) since his injury. Wonder if he’s banged up still so spending a little less time in the trenches.
He's fine, he's just getting ready for the playoffs.
cUJwQJ7.gif

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Sid is not a minus in this game. He was... there. I mean, he was kinda OK. For an average player, he was OK. It is what it is, he is not gonna leave all out there now, but I can see signs of life. And that Philly game was telling too. Also, can´t state enough how much of a handicap Sheary is for that line. Let´s wait until Aston-Reese is there. I am sure Sheary won´t be there come playoff time. Rust is perfect for that 3rd line role, promising signs there too. Also, defense looks bad and it certainly isn´t good, but I guess a legit goalie like Murray can hide some of those problems. As soon as goaltending is settled and Sheary is replaced by Aston-Reese, we are in a very solid position.

I don´t like Columbus as our likely R1 opponent tho. They are gonna take that M3 spot, looks obvious to me. I was saying that before, it´s more obvious now. There is still an odd chance that we can overtake WSH, but they play the Isles again tomorrow...

Reactions: BillPrep and KIRK

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I'm not gonna go into a long diatribe tonight because I'm not feeling all that well, however I simply don't like the make up of this defense without Cole, Hainsey or some such player.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
It really can't be understated how bad Letang is. Just exactly wtf was he doing?? Just STANDS there with the puck. Then gets overtaken by the extra big Jonathan Drouin.. embarrassing.

+HGH. What's new, without these guys we'd be screwed.
+Rust. Making an immediate impact in his two games back.

Reactions: vodeni and KIRK

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Malkin has a winger in Hags that does the fore checking and that is what he needs. Pens won two cups but in going all in, GMJR made some bets that are not panning out. In the off season, some changes are needed. Pens played well enough to beat a marginal team. Letang just may never be the player we hope him to be. He to me is what he is and can''t see anyone taking that contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad