Post-Game Talk: Pens 5, Habs 3 - Oh, Oh, Oh Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
It's pretty much a 1 line team right now. HGH is insane. Fun to watch. Dynamic. Dominant. Not enough words to describe them. Every shift they are just so much fun to watch and worth every single penny to watch them.

Everything else - very uninspiring. Sid is coasting. Really coasting. Not inspired at all. Hopefully just saving himself. I would have liked the team to rally around Geno a little more.

Is Sid coasting right now a bad thing?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Swaglin, so hot right now, Swaglin.
XIB9XsP.gif

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
:laugh: yeah that was funny, he will pick up #200 before the season's end though

I've always argued assists are as important as goals..so..congrats on 400!

Either way. He's a player we really do use and is better than many in the league overall.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
They need to inject some stem cells into Letang's skull to see if he can grow some more grey matter.

Take him to a Tibetan monastery for all I care. Just acknowledge the scale of the problem.

But for real, I think his best play has been in stretches of getting 22-24 minutes a night instead of 25-27. He can’t handle a sustained workload of high minutes.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I'll miss Hags when he's gone. I get he's a little overpaid if we look at points, but every now and then he slips into a position where we need him more than anyone.

I always wanted him here, and like I said, I'll miss him when he's gone.

Reactions: BillPrep

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Hornqvist seems more involved in transition and shooting more (and looks ok doing it) since his injury. Wonder if he’s banged up still so spending a little less time in the trenches.

Reactions: KIRK

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Take him to a Tibetan monastery for all I care. Just acknowledge the scale of the problem.

But for real, I think his best play has been in stretches of getting 22-24 minutes a night instead of 25-27. He can’t handle a sustained workload of high minutes.

Letang is a problem. But not THE problem. I'm all for getting offers in the off-season, but it will likely not improve the pens immediately.

Reactions: Freedom

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It's pretty much a 1 line team right now. HGH is insane. Fun to watch. Dynamic. Dominant. Not enough words to describe them. Every shift they are just so much fun to watch and worth every single penny to watch them.

Everything else - very uninspiring. Sid is coasting. Really coasting. Not inspired at all. Hopefully just saving himself. I would have liked the team to rally around Geno a little more.

A little disappointing, but Rust so frequently misses and has tunnel vision . . .

Geno isn't shooting enough at ES. The way the line is flowing right now, 75% of the shots are from Horny in close. As I said in the GDT, Geno probably needs to be just a wee bit more selfish and aggressive in creating his shot, but if Horny is open near the net like that all the time, I don't see how Geno isn't going to try to get it to him.

I also think Rust-Brass-Phil is showing the potential of making us a 3 line team.

BTW, told you our PP breakout would be better if Geno just went into '**** you Jobu, I do it myself' mode. :thumbu:

Sure looks like it, could be wrong though. I thought that when they first showed the replay.

He reacted like he thought he touched it.

Reactions: Andy99

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
IMO, yes. It is time to start playing playoff level hockey.

Our next game is 3 weeks out from the playoffs so start getting things tightened up from then would be a good idea. Don’t have to go 100% but get the grove going.

He probably doesn’t have his playoff line just yet but Jake will be there. Sid can flip a switch but it might be harder for his linemates so he should be ramping up now.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Penguins D is atrocious, but man when that 200 foot game get's going look out. Getting pinned in, they are in serious trouble. Playoffs should be super exciting just like the last two years.

Reactions: RizzleMcRib
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad