Series Talk: Pens (1) vs. Isles (4) - 1st round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Game 1 is midnight Monday for me and Tender Rip. Wonderful

Was just about to treat it as an opportunity to enjoy the game and develop a bit of a tactical tommy ache on Monday... until I checked my calendar and despite best/worst intentions have to accept that this just won't do.

No game 1 for me.

...and for @Ryder71

R9a606453f0d799714cb22b150ff29244

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Once you win the division series (round 1 & 2) there will be 4 teams left. The one with the best record plays the one with the worst record.

Oh ok, so it's just bracket based. I thought everything reseeded. Thanks.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
This team is as close to locked in as you can be this time of the year. Short season, it's going to come down to goal tending for us and being able to stick to the gameplan which essentially reverts back to 2016. Play fast, get the other team on their heels, especially early. Forecheck like you f***ing mean it.

If there was a time to pour every ounce into a run, this is the year/team certainly. I'm cautiously optimistic of a deep run happening. Just gotta have quality netminding. That's the x factor.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
It always makes me laugh when people care about jerseys so much. Eventually there will be ads on jerseys and I still won't care. It just won't bother me. There are some I love but the worst I can ever get on a jersey is "Meh - not my favorite." But once the game is on, I just don't care.

I do absolutely love our 91 jerseys we currently wear home/away. Beautiful. But even our worst jersey I'm like "Meh.. doesn't affect how the game is played."

Spoken like a man who's never seen a team change their from their third choice to second choice kit at half-time!

What is a bigger factor entering the series?

The forward depth finally giving the Pens a bottom six that is not a black hole?

The defensive depth to move the puck up the ice, contribute offensively, and not make us cringe when the second and third pair are on the ice, even if it is only six minutes a game for the third pair?

The defence. The forward depth is potentially huge, it might be what brings this home, but this series is over before it begins if we can't escape the Islanders' forecheck and that starts with the defensive depth.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

The forward depth finally giving the Pens a bottom six that is not a black hole?

The defensive depth to move the puck up the ice, contribute offensively, and not make us cringe when the second and third pair are on the ice, even if it is only six minutes a game for the third pair?
Carter. Hes like Bonino if Bonino was better and didnt rely on Kessel for all his offense.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Forward depth scoring for me. I feel like I'm semi-confident enough in the defense doing enough to help transition, and the team as a whole put enough effort in to be halfway decent defensively. But if the depth scoring we've gotten all season dries up, it could be frustrating trying to score on that team.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
You can tell that facebook and social media in general is running off the tracks when a thread that is supposed to be about the Pens and Isles, turns into a thread about about yourselves, your family, when you get up, what your drink of choice is, how it jives or doesn't jive with your particular plans that day, etc. WTF! Maybe you'd like to share pictures of your children? Or tell us your daily bathroom habits? Did you workout today? Get a promotion at work possibly? You really think this song is about you, don't you? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Now you mention it, a 5pm game might will interfere with my post lunch poo.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
You can tell that facebook and social media in general is running off the tracks when a thread that is supposed to be about the Pens and Isles, turns into a thread about about yourselves, your family, when you get up, what your drink of choice is, how it jives or doesn't jive with your particular plans that day, etc. WTF! Maybe you'd like to share pictures of your children? Or tell us your daily bathroom habits? Did you workout today? Get a promotion at work possibly? You really think this song is about you, don't you? :rolleyes:

You’re going to give yourself an early heart attack. It’s a game, it’s meant to be enjoyed, and when people get together to enjoy games they talk about life.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Omg. Shawnlesky? I haven't heard that name in well over a decade

Man, I feel bad for the dude sometimes because he's got that super embarrassing public record following him around, and then he just has to be abrasive to everyone on the internet, which just makes them LOOK UP his embarrassing public record, he creates another alt to feel good about himself, and bam. The Circle of Internet Life is complete.

Going back to @Jaded-Fan 's question, I think the biggest factor in this series is just going to be speed, especially in the bottom 6. The Pens have fared pretty well against the Isles this year, even when rather depleted, simply because they've got some wheels and outside of Barzal, no one on the current Isles roster can really skate with the Pens. NYI also aren't as structured as the Bruins with their defensive play, so they don't really negate our mobility the way the 'Ruins did all regular season.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

This is the first post of the page I clicked onto related to hockey this morning and this is what I read.

Noooooooow what the heck is going on?
Who are you even referring too?

Every thread longer than a page will have something personal mixed in... I mean... how do you even exist and not do that... It's a very human thing to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad