Penguins reduce their roster by 6 players

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
Don't we do something similar most years? Last year Kapanen was recalled for cap reasons even though he left to go back to Finland didn't he? Why are people jumping all over this?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Seriously. This happens every year. I'll admit I was alarmed when Tangradi was sent to Wheeling years ago, but then capgeek saved us all with the explanation.

I mean... weren't there even a few articles or at least blurbs in articles to the effect of "prepare for some waiver wire weirdness that is strictly cap related in the next few days" or something similar? Hell... we all even talked about it being a thing here, I think.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
We should still have cap space to keep Sundqvist, yes? I want him in the lineup tomorrow ahead of Farnham. His size, versatility, overall skill and defensive awareness are all needed on this team. I don't think his growth/development would get stumped playing in the bottom six. He has already played with men at a very high level, he's not as raw as some prospects.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
We should still have cap space to keep Sundqvist, yes? I want him in the lineup tomorrow ahead of Farnham. His size, versatility, overall skill and defensive awareness are all needed on this team. I don't think his growth/development would get stumped playing in the bottom six. He has already played with men at a very high level, he's not as raw as some prospects.

Yes we can keep him in the NHL. I like him there for the reasons you listed as well as for Sprong. I'd like to see the kid play with decent players during his 9 game stint. A Sundqvist-Cullen-Sprong line could be pretty interesting.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Yes we can keep him in the NHL. I like him there for the reasons you listed as well as for Sprong. I'd like to see the kid play with decent players during his 9 game stint. A Sundqvist-Cullen-Sprong line could be pretty interesting.

Agreed. Still want to see Sprong and BB getting some shifts with Geno on his RW, though.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
He wants Geno at center and Sprong or Bennett on the RW. Won't happen with Hornqvist and Kessel however.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
She meant one of those two at RW with Malkin as center.

And I agree. I'd personally like to see it for entire games.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Not Geno on wing ... as Geno's RW

Sorry if that wasn't worded very clearly. I meant Plots-Geno-BB or Plots-Geno-Sprong

Oh. Then yes. Absolutely lol

I thought it was bizarro world. You generally post some good stuff. I had wondered if you started going nuts ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad