Penguins reduce their roster by 6 players

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Rumors that the Pens are looking at trying to deal for Athanisciou ,the kid who got first star for the Wings in Pittsburgh the other night, and then turned around and was first star in Toronto, lead the Wings in preseason scoring, and then got sent down to the AHL.

My friends say he's the fastest skater in the NHL. He looked like it at Consol, scoring two goals and an assist in 10 minutes of ice time. That would be huge if they could swing it.

Far better than Sprong or our other pickups, imagine him on the Crosby Kessel line? Salivating over that possibility. Imagine him feeding Sid and Kessel. The speed alone opens up their play as somebody has to catch him. He's a big strong kid too.

Sorry to hear Dupuis injured and out. A really good guy.

But this could be THE MOVE. :handclap:

Huh? Ignoring the "why" of the thing, the Red Wings never trade players like that. They always hoard too many, then start losing them on waivers.

Sounds like something Eklund would suggest.

Edit: BBC? Er the channel with Dr Who on it? I'm confused.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
We're calling the dubious potential acquisition of a rookie Red Wings prospect a "steal" without knowing what, pray tell, we would have to surrender for him? M, okay.

Last edited:

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
We're calling the dubious potential acquisition of a rookie Red Wings prospects a "steal" without knowing what, pray tell, we would have to surrender for him? M, okay.

it would only cost us fatty....oh, Waite.....we already traded him for lovejoy.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
That's usually true, but 2 First Stars in a row in the NHL, even in preseason is outstanding. And he's got the same highlights in the NHL and AHL.

BBC is HUGE on hockey in Canada.

The stars are voted on by the media... its a popularity contest not really how well a guy played.... I dont think the wings are looking to trade that kind of guy. I also dont think we have the assets to get him.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
BBC Sports has an "NHL's Latest " link . Look for yourself. And Iceland is beautiful. Beats Cleveland.

9qkpp.gif

jdpitt05

Jan 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
Perron-Crosby-Kessel
Bennett-Malkin-Hornqvist
Pilotnikov-Bonino-Sprong
Kunitz-Cullen-Farnham

Cole-Letang
Maatta-Clendening
Dumoulin-Lovejoy

Is what i would roll game 1.

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
Perron-Crosby-Kessel
Bennett-Malkin-Hornqvist
Pilotnikov-Bonino-Sprong
Kunitz-Cullen-Farnham

Cole-Letang
Maatta-Clendening
Dumoulin-Lovejoy

Is what i would roll game 1.

Finnish newspapers told, that Määttä will start @ AHL..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I don't speak/read Finnish, but I'm assuming some Finnish paper saw he got sent down and inferred that he'd start the season in the AHL.

I do not believe that to be the case. I think we're pinching pennies, because of how tight against the cap we are (*ahem*Kunitz/Scuderi/Dupuis/THANKSHERO*ahem*).

lettuceAA

Dec 16, 2010
I have him on my espn pool team. And espn basically thinks he was sent down because he missed so much time last season with injuries and illness.

lettuceAA

Dec 16, 2010
ESPN: and I quote.

The Pens made the move in order to get forward Oskar Sundqvist up with the parent club. Just 21 years old, Maatta has already experienced multiple shoulder injuries and dealt with a cancerous tumor in his thyroid last year. Hopefully the Finn can finally stay healthy as he comes with plenty of upside as a big-bodied blueliner who works well on both ends of the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad