Recalled/Assigned: Penguins Recall G Tristan Jarry

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I think JZ can give us a chance to win for a few games until we get someone back. He seems to play better when he gets more consistent starts.

What does worry me is that Geno, Maatta, MAF, Murray, Rust, etc is just potentially too much to overcome at once.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Makes zero sense to start Murray in a "high stakes game" that you've sat your #1C and #1D for. That ain't high stakes.

Sullivan's doin' some ass-covering, friends. Sure they wanted to get him another start, but if you're not sure MAF is ready and you don't know how he'll be off his second concussion of the season, you don't ****ing play Murray. :laugh: Pretty simple.

ThaKloned

Mar 21, 2016
Ottawa
Sullivan really ****ed up not starting Zatkoff yesterday. There was no reason to play Murray. He wasn't going to forget how to be a goalie not playing the last game.
It's easy to say after the fact. So let's say they did start Zatkoff and HE was the one getting hurt. Then you put in Murray anyways. Maybe this recall is just to keep the Rangers guessing. We don't even know if Murray is hurt.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Yep. When I turned on the game and saw Murray, I thought "great, he better not get hurt. It isn't worth it for one game of experience." Sure enough, here we are.

He definitely made a bad call. A high stakes meaningless game is almost as bad as scoring goals that don't go in.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
What if we started Zatkoff and Murray got hit with a clearing attempt while sitting on the bench? Huh??

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
GOD. *******. ****. IT.

no-god-no-o.gif

mIFs0xN.jpg

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Sullivan really ****ed up not starting Zatkoff yesterday. There was no reason to play Murray. He wasn't going to forget how to be a goalie not playing the last game.

I know some folks on here were fine with it, but I thought it was a mistake. Especially with Fleury still being out, why even risk an injury to your only remaining decent goalie, even if the odds of it happening were slim?

It was a nothing game against a team notorious for being dirtbags. Why did Murray need to play, exactly? It's not like he was going to be rusty. He's played how many straight since Fleury went down?

It's not like a position player, either, where you have capable replacements. Kessel gets hurt? That sucks, but you have other capable RWers who can at least fill in. With Murray down, you've got Jeff ****ing Zatkoff to fill in.

IMO, dumb move on Sullivan's part.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
With this team, they were probably patting themselves on the back for resting Letang and Crosby and forgot that Murray is also a huge piece to playoff success if MAF isn't ready.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Could they just be bringing him up so they can run practice? Maybe they want Murray and fleury taking it easy in practice the next few days....this is a complete guess.

Thats my opinion. Jarry almost certainly is on the black aces team and would be up regardless. Let him chew up the practice minutes.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
How much of his last stretch of games is Jarry's fault and how much is the fault of a moron coach with a depleted team?

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Has anyone here actually seen Jarry play in the last few weeks?

Have not watched him other than the box score. But hes been crashing and burning lately.he had about the same stat line as Murray when he got called up....

That being said. I dont think we even have another guy on a NHL deal. So Jarry got the call up on default

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Have not watched him other than the box score. But hes been crashing and burning lately.he had about the same stat line as Murray when he got called up....

Well yeah, that's the thing though. Has he been crashing and burning or has the team? Or both?

Saved

Jun 9, 2014
What if we started Zatkoff and Murray got hit with a clearing attempt while sitting on the bench? Huh??

I broke my jaw, teeth, and palette less than a year ago in that exact same situation.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
NYR is no pushover. If Jarry has a weakness, they'll find it.

Well, yeah. The same can be said of any team in the playoffs.

Honestly, while we think that everything needs to be elite for this series, this will be a good acid test for how good this team really is- can they play through adversity? Can they change their game plan to minimize the inevitable weaknesses that pop up? Every champion needs to do so at some point.

Secondly, even IF both Murray and MAF are out for the beginning of the series (a hypothetical until proven otherwise), there's still a large chance that one or two will be back before the series gets too far along. Planning on seeing one or both of Zatkoff or Jarry for the entire series is still speculation.

And thirdly, if there's ever a time to put our trust in our offense, now is the time. Lundqvist is not a god and this year's team has shown a knack for rattling him. Again, nothing in the playoffs is guaranteed, but there have been many series where the offense carried the day over injured defense and goalies. There are many different ways to win a series- not all of them are 1-0 goaltending duels.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Starting Murray was a mistake. Having both he and MAF unavailable for even the first two games could be disastrous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad