Pre-Game Talk: Penguins @ Rangers, 3/31

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
We literally just made the same thread, at the same time, with the same tweet.

Great minds...lol

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Safe to say Vesey Glass and Pirri will be taking the opening faceoff tomorrow.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
whats weird is i dont think Vesey has been awful of late...but i dont think hes been great either.

I dont, for one minute..understand why Puempel is playing...he...SUCKS.

Put pirri in..at least he can shoot the puck somewhat.

Id still play Vesey if it were me...this team isnt winning anything, get the kid some games while you can.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I don't get the teams fascination with Puempel. They have to be having him play so he hits the game requirement for expansion. He'll cost nothing to re-sign and it'll be a 1 year deal

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
honestly..i kinda get it...i actually agreed with the demotion last game too.

Miller is kinda like Kreider was when he first started here...every once in a while he needs a kick in the pants.

Okay, but not anymore. He should be moved up. Move down Grabner who's been awful or Fast who's a 4th liner.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Miller is the engine that makes the fourth line go :sarcasm:

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Okay, but not anymore. He should be moved up. Move down Grabner who's been awful or Fast who's a 4th liner.

maybe...id be shocked if the lines that started the game finished the game.

i think AV really likes having offensive talent all over the lineup.

i also really get why he has fasth playing up with grabner and hayes..its because when you have grabner, hayes, and miller..those 3 just dont play defense...they score pretty goals, and they get savaged in the defensive zone..Fasth helps a ton there. Grabner has been getting chances, but his shooting percentage is now coming back down to earth as youd expect it to (Which is why i wanted to trade him at the deadline)

in the end..im not sure any of this matters as long as you have Klein, Girardi, Staal, and Holden...all depends on how many of those guys play..but a fast team like the pens are going to just embarrass those guys.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I think these forward lines are close to what I'd like. I'm honestly *okay* with JT on the fourth line, as long as he's producing and Fast isn't hurting the third line too bad.

So, with that in mind, for the playoffs I'd like to see:

20-21-36
89-93-61
26-13-19
40-24-10

I think Miller and Grabner like playing with each other a lot and feel comfortable in their reads of one another, based off comments. So I'd keep them together, and Lindberg should be a good enough center for them to make moves.

The only questionable line in this case is the third line, and it really depends on Hayes. I think Vesey-Fast are good at getting to the net, so it's up to Hayes (and whatever D is out there at the time) to create something for them to work with.

The Top 6 is fine. Streiderello just works and the Buch-ZBad-Nash line should be fine.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Vesey scratch!?!?

giphy.gif

I bet the box that the scratches sit in is probably so fun these days. Can you just imagine how comfortable Pirri and Clendening must be there, knowing they probably won't play again all year, and the rest of those guys (sans Kampfer) are rotating in and out and probably fuming the entire time.

I imagine 73 and 4 cracking jokes all night and lol'ing at Girardi while 26 is just gonna be sulking the whole game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad