Player Discussion: 2023 Vezina Finalist Connor Hellebuyck

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
Thats a truly unreal stat. Not even in the high flying 80's did this happen. Unbelievable. For a guy that doesnt lack confidence saying things like "if your going to beat me, its going to be a fluke", etc, he sure doesnt back up his mouth come playoff time.

Well put.

Would love for Helle and a few other top guys on this squad to do their talking on the ice when it matters instead of bites in the media.

A lot of talk about winning from a crew that sure hasn't done a lot of it over the years.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Jets gave up 199 goals this year — 28 goals in the playoffs. That's 14% of the total number of goals we gave up all year in FIVE GAMES. That's unfathomably bad.
had to check compared to some of the bottom-feeders if they gave up a 5-game stretch worse than the Jets.

The Sharks had a 5 game stretch of 32 GA (10+10+3+3+6), and a couple of 28s

Blackhawks & Blue Jackets both appeared to never have had a 5-game stretch that bad

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: snowkiddin

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Colorado lined up guys in front of Helle especially on the pp, our pitiful D did not or could not engage and move them. Maybe out pp coach could copy that but most of the time our guys stand off to the side and wave their sticks. As for Helle yes he shit the bed royally in this series but he isn't going anywhere, that being said if the Jets make the playoffs next year he has to much better than his last few playoff appearances.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Not knocking him at all.
We need him to get us over the line to make the post season.
Could he be better? Helle ya!
But what’s with this team in postseason it’s crazy how bad we are.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Lost in the convo is how well Georgiev played after game 1 (and for another "Buffdog is a prophet moment", I posted in the series thread that my biggest worry was Georgiev getting hot)

After game 1, he put up save percentages of .933, .917, .963 and .944

We knew we were outgunned up front with top talent and on the blueline, so our biggest hopes were our D scheme, depth and goaltending being vastly superior

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad