Pre-Game Talk: Penguins @ Rangers, 3/31

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Switch Nash and Kreider, plus Miller and Fast. Let PUEMPEL PLAY HIS 40 games to fullfill draft requirements and replace him with Vesey in Montreal. The defense is a different matter:help:

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
I'm sure Miller and Buch will get flipped after one or two shifts tomorrow so it's barely worth talking about Miller on the fourth line.

I'd really like to try these lines:
20-13-36 (Hayes gets two wingers who put a lot of pucks on net)
89-21-10 (Stepan's our best defensive top 9 center, would like to see how Miller and Buch play together)
26-93-61 (Give them a lot of offensive zone starts and see what sparks)
40-24-19 (Fourth line that can put teams on their heels)

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Switch Nash and Buch, plus Miller and Fast. Let PUEMPEL PLAY HIS 40 games to fullfill draft requirements and replace him with Vesey in Montreal. The defense is a different matter:help:

giphy.gif

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
An interesting matchup - we will see what awaits in the playoffs.
Will AV rest any players that`s my curiosity for tomorrow hockey night! :)

Crease

Jul 12, 2004
The Penguins are jostling with the Jackets for home-ice advantage so expect them to have more energy tomorrow.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is there a 50 point player in the NHL who gets treated worse than Miller?

Yeah, Jonathan Drouin. Cooper will drop him to the bottom six after one bad game. Has not done it lately because of so many injuries to the line-up.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

:laugh:

Reminds me of when they were interviewing Hayes(?) like...a year or two ago and Glass did the same thing. And then they went out to get Chipotle.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
The Penguins are jostling with the Jackets for home-ice advantage so expect them to have more energy tomorrow.

Plus they just got stomped by the Blackhawks last night, so they're going to be motivated.

It's about time Vesey sees the pressbox, he's deserved it for a while now.

If Holden is actually scratched, that's a good move. He was so bad in SJ. Absolute trainwreck.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I'm sure Miller and Buch will get flipped after one or two shifts tomorrow so it's barely worth talking about Miller on the fourth line.

I'd really like to try these lines:
20-13-36 (Hayes gets two wingers who put a lot of pucks on net)
89-21-10 (Stepan's our best defensive top 9 center, would like to see how Miller and Buch play together)
26-93-61 (Give them a lot of offensive zone starts and see what sparks)
40-24-19 (Fourth line that can put teams on their heels)

These are very very good lines.

I've been a huge proponent of Hayes with those two. My big issue would be that he could actually bring their possession down, which would really show that he should be the player moved out. Sell high anyway.

I'd like Buch to not play with someone he feels he needs to defer to. Step and Miller might be that combo.

Zibanejad and Nash are a good combo. Wish there was someone better than Vesey to play there. Do not want Fast or Grabner on that line though.

4th line is money. That's exactly what I've wanted for a while. In situations where they may not trust Buch and Vesey, you can break this line up and move Grabner and Fast to the needed line.

Crease

Jul 12, 2004
If McD is really day-to-day there is no reason to play him. Also, way to put some fear and urgency into Vesey AV :laugh:

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Good, Vesey deserves a seat, especially for that awful backhand pass that led to a goal against. Let him rest and recuperate a bit, while Buch gets more playing time and gets his legs under him again. They both need to be ready for the playoffs. Come playoff time, I want to roll these lines:

Kreider-Stepan-Zucc
Nash-Mika-Miller
Grabner-Hayes-Fast
Vesey-Lindberg-Buch --> they were so damn good together, and I want them to feast on 3rd pairings and lines.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Yeah, Jonathan Drouin. Cooper will drop him to the bottom six after one bad game. Has not done it lately because of so many injuries to the line-up.

I mean, Drouin basically called out Cooper in public, while in the minors. That's a pretty good way to get in the doghouse and stay there Not that I agree with Cooper doing what he does, but at least I can see why there is a bias there.

I'm clueless with Miller, from all accounts he is a team player, who keeps his mouth shut and always works hard, even when he's not playing well. Kreider was far more lackadaisical than Miller ever has been. I really hate when coaches don't let good players like Miller work through slumps.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I mean, Drouin basically called out Cooper in public, while in the minors. That's a pretty good way to get in the doghouse and stay there Not that I agree with Cooper doing what he does, but at least I can see why there is a bias there.

I'm clueless with Miller, from all accounts he is a team player, who keeps his mouth shut and always works hard, even when he's not playing well. Kreider was far more lackadaisical than Miller ever has been. I really hate when coaches don't let good players like Miller work through slumps.

It's one of the reasons I don't like Drouin and am tired of reading how good he is and people drooling over him. Don't like how he reacted in public it worked out in the end but that's not the point. Getting back to the Rangers. Don't agree with Miller being on the 4th but love how he is showing how he feels on the ice with his efforts and not with him running his mouth. Props to him! Just has to keep it up and I'm sure he'll be back in the top 9 mix.

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
whats weird is i dont think Vesey has been awful of late...but i dont think hes been great either.

I dont, for one minute..understand why Puempel is playing...he...SUCKS.

Put pirri in..at least he can shoot the puck somewhat.

Id still play Vesey if it were me...this team isnt winning anything, get the kid some games while you can.

Pirri has 4 goals in his last 50 games. This magical shot of his has disappeared. Even on the PP he's more focused on getting it on net but takes a lot of zip off. He's been ineffective on the offensive end. He's been better defensively than I thought though

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If McD is really day-to-day there is no reason to play him. Also, way to put some fear and urgency into Vesey AV :laugh:

I wonder if that applies to the other rookies as well. Are Skjei and Buchnevich locks to be in the lineup in game 1?

Maybe its in Vesey's contract?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I wonder if that applies to the other rookies as well. Are Skjei and Buchnevich locks to be in the lineup in game 1?

Maybe its in Vesey's contract?

This is silly and you know it. Vesey, Buchnevich, and Skjei should all be playing game 1 of the playoffs. You play your best lineup, plain and simple. Vesey and Buch are 2 of our 12 best forwards. Skjei has basically been our best defensemen for the past month.

Playing guys like Pirri or Puempel, who don't provide any benefit over Vesey or Buchnevich, would be a terrible coaching decision. Don't get me started with Tanner Glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad