Rumor: Penguins have offers for one of their goalies

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireGorton

Laf to Kak
Aug 6, 2020
I have a sinking feeling Sakic may get in on this considering how Francouz has been in the playoffs and his “unfit to play” status suddenly happens and Bednar mentions in the post game that they had a discussion and decided to go with Hutchinson, then flips it and says Frankie was unplayable.

Wondering if Francouz is done in Col
Sakic would refuse to give up assets and could get a goalie off UFA for cheap

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I think JJ and Murray to Detroit for Glendening and Detroit's 3rd is a reasonable suggestion.

tenor.gif

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
McCann is the sweetener.

Ah, yes. Here's a top 9 center who isn't really a center and plays better as a left winger. And guess what? He costs 2.9 mil against your cap. Combined with Jack Johnson's cap hit, that will be a over 6 million dollars added to a team's cap to take both. Nobody wants Jared McCann that badly, let alone bad enough to take on Jack Johnson for the next 3 years. Get real, bud.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Ah, yes. Here's a top 9 center who isn't really a center and plays better as a left winger. And guess what? He costs 2.9 mil against your cap. Combined with Jack Johnson's cap hit, that will be a over 6 million dollars added to a team's cap to take both. Nobody wants Jared McCann that badly, let alone bad enough to take on Jack Johnson for the next 3 years. Get real, bud.

I thought you would be nicer to a fellow Jagr fan.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

2 sources saying that Chicago is interested in Murray. I think Murray for Nylander makes some sense, especially with it coming out that the Penguins aren't planning on qualifying Dominik Simon.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Strome makes more sense from a positional standpoint but not sure if the values match.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Murray makes no sense for Hawks

1) He is downgrade from Crawford in net
2) He will be heavily overpaid and Hawks already need cap space to sign Kubalik/Strome
3) Giving up any asset for him would be piss poor asset management from Stanley

Trading for Matt Murray would set back franchise and further prove that Bowman needed to be fired years ago

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

2) He will be heavily overpaid and Hawks already need cap space to sign Kubalik/Strome

Trading for Matt Murray would set back franchise and further prove that Bowman needed to be fired years ago
Please...who are you trying to convince??? Murray is far better, younger, and with a winning pedigree... thisnis a HUGE upgrade for the Hawks.. there is a big market for murray so its gonna cost....unless they send JJ too!!!

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Please...who are you trying to convince??? Murray is far better, younger, and with a winning pedigree... thisnis a HUGE upgrade for the Hawks.. there is a big market for murray so its gonna cost....unless they send JJ too!!!

The only thing Murray has going for him is he is younger

Crawford is better goalie and has winning pedigree all of his own.. Also Crawford didn't lose his #1 job either unlike Murray who is on way out of Pittsburgh for his poor performance

At end of day sadly our GM is a moron so I wont be shocked if he gives you our 1st rounder for privilege of handing out yet another abomination of a contract that will rank among worst in NHL to Murray

Last edited:

Mark MacCrimmon

Sep 29, 2020
Yeah, because thats exactly how it worked out when he traded for John Marino... :sarcasm:

Marino did not want to sign with Edmonton. So Holland's hands were tied, Marino had barely any value as a prospect back then. So Holland recouped the pick that gave us Marino. Hurts but unfortunate situation

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
If his winning pedigree was so great they wouldn’t be dumping him for a G who has 30 career gp...
No room for 2 starting goalies...one with a history of winning and one coming up... jarry is younger and has the same or more potential and is cheaper...this is easy... there is a substantial market for murray ...the pens aren't dumping Murray, but they have found a cheaper younger version. That doesn't take away from murrays winning pedigree... he will get a solid first round pick, a solid roster player or be the key part to a JJ dump

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
If his winning pedigree was so great they wouldn’t be dumping him for a G who has 30 career gp...

A goalie who just made the all-star game and just got a sweetheart deal.

Can’t imagine why a cap ceiling team facing a flat cap world would make that choice.

Totally perplexing.

Oh wait, look who it is... what could the agenda be here... I bet I can unravel this mystery Scoob.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

Murray is a big upgrade on 35 year old Crawford, and he's also a decade younger. Chicago would be a team where it would be worth taking the risk on Murray bouncing back.

The only thing Murray has going for him is he is younger

Crawford is better goalie and has winning pedigree all of his own.. Also Crawford didn't lose his #1 job either unlike Murray who is on way out of Pittsburgh for his poor performance

At end of day sadly our GM is a moron so I wont be shocked if he gives you our 1st rounder for privilege of handing out yet another abomination of a contract that will rank among worst in NHL to Murray
Crawford is also a pensioner at this stage of his career. I think it's pretty safe to say that if Chicago had another goalie like Jarry then Crawford would have lost the starting job a long time ago.

Mind, I wouldn't be throwing prime assets at Pittsburgh for Murray, but if the cost is reasonably cheap it would be worth it for Chicago.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Murray is a big upgrade on 35 year old Crawford, and he's also a decade younger. Chicago would be a team where it would be worth taking the risk on Murray bouncing back.

But really bouncing back from what though?
I love how some people overreact. The guy is 26 years old and has a crazy resume!! It's not like he sucked in the playoffs either, the whole team played poorly

Reactions: Richard88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln