Injury Report: Pavelski 4/23

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Like how much tin foil do you need to have on your head to actually believe an nhl player would fake an injury for 5 playoff games?

Especially since faking it doesn't change anything. Its not like the league is going to go and suspend eakin next season this far past the incident. Nor will faking help with the calls for the avs series or any series after that.

Reactions: Sandisfan

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Like how much tin foil do you need to have on your head to actually believe an nhl player would fake an injury for 5 playoff games?

Especially since faking it doesn't change anything. Its not like the league is going to go and suspend eakin next season this far past the incident. Nor will faking help with the calls for the avs series or any series after that.

Yeah at the time, the injury looked terrible and the ref had to call it. Even if the Sharks are overselling it a little, it doesn't/wouldn't change anything.
It just doesn't matter. It's moo.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
My problem was the disregard for human life, I get its the playoffs. But with the score in mind at the time, that was way over the line. If it was a tie game, 10 minutes left, id completely understand looking past a player like that. But up by 3, blood on the ice, and 8 stitches later that equates to Vegas somehow getting an apology call from the NHL? Like I honestly wasn't surprised we scored 4 in a full 5 min PP, but thats not the point. You can't just do that, and any fans from Vegas (not to disrespect) but probably haven't watched enough hockey and are just animal UFC pack mentality because their team lost.

So thats the end of that for me, Im glad hes okay and its in the past now. Also a bit off topic, anybody else notice the commentators INABILITY to talk up the Sharks? Like whenever they approach the sharks game its like bone dry? Oh but they know how to talk up 1 player on another team haha... and also that 1 guy as soon as he mentioned.. The Washington capitals and TJ OSHIE he perked up. Its comedic.

Reactions: Insignia

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Vegas was starting to target Pavelski because they thought the game was over. The shift prior to this play, Stone checked Pavelski up high and hard. Not a penalty, but Stone isn't a guy who normally does that type of thing. There's a reason Pavs kept his face guard on when he didn't really have to anymore.

The play was a 2-minute penalty at most, but the refs got it wrong. That said, the refs didn't lose their composure and give up 4 goals in less than 5 minutes. The refs didn't blow a 3-1 series lead. The refs didn't give up a shorthanded double ot gwg in game 6. The refs didn't stand flat footed as Goodrow skated around for the series winner.

Vegas has no one to blame but themselves.

Reactions: 209

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
It was nice for Pavelski to surprise the fans and all, but does anyone really think that it "inspired" the players as well? It isn't like they aren't talking to Pavelski all the time (I'm sure he's in the room/practice with them).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

68 Z-28

Jul 10, 2007
Under the Tank
It was nice for Pavelski to surprise the fans and all, but does anyone really think that it "inspired" the players as well? It isn't like they aren't talking to Pavelski all the time (I'm sure he's in the room/practice with them).
The crowd getting a boost could certainly give the players a boost.

Reactions: Phu

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I'm pretty sure watching their brother and captain get love from the home fans gave them a boost as well.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012

Cooch said it was a surprise. These guys aren't robots.

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
Vegas was starting to target Pavelski because they thought the game was over. The shift prior to this play, Stone checked Pavelski up high and hard. Not a penalty, but Stone isn't a guy who normally does that type of thing. There's a reason Pavs kept his face guard on when he didn't really have to anymore.

The play was a 2-minute penalty at most, but the refs got it wrong. That said, the refs didn't lose their composure and give up 4 goals in less than 5 minutes. The refs didn't blow a 3-1 series lead. The refs didn't give up a shorthanded double ot gwg in game 6. The refs didn't stand flat footed as Goodrow skated around for the series winner.

Vegas has no one to blame but themselves.

Cha-Ching!!! Hit the nail on the head. Same sentiment I've said all along.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Ah. So he actually made the trip to Colorado this time. Still think we should let him rest unless he is 100%.
I don't see him playing in this series regardless. The Sharks know Colorado will be fresher and will be playing for their lives. They're trying to get any sort of extra motivation that they can.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Cha-Ching!!! Hit the nail on the head. Same sentiment I've said all along.
I don't know what is said on the ice, but for whatever reason(s) Vegas doesn't seem to like Pavs at all. I had a feeling they would start targeting him in that game 7 if the game was out of reach.....Or they apparently thought it was.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada

No, but the crowd roaring can certainly inspire players.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Not sure if it's been mentioned but on Spittin Chiclets they said right as Pavs got the first staple in his head the 1st goal was scored. They scored 4 goals and Pavs got 4 staples. Crazy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad