¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
giphy.gif

Reactions: Mafoofoo

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
This guy. What a captain. Literally willing to die for the team. I think no news is good news because if it was season ending I'm sure they'd release some info. Doesn't mean he's going to play anymore but sounds like there must be a chance.

hateseed

TentacleGrapeSoda
Aug 3, 2011
Coastal California
Discussing the injury today and anyone got a close-up and can confirm that what cut him was his head bouncing off the ice or Stasny's skate as he stepped over him?

Thanks in advance for looking.

boylerroom

Jan 2, 2012
PRofKA
In all seriousness, that was one of the worst injuries I've seen since Paul Kariya was knocked out by f*** face. That was horrific. I was genuinely concerned for him and wasn't even that worried about the game for a minute there until he got off the ice.

Reactions: CrazedZooChimp

CrazedZooChimp

Not enough guts
Aug 3, 2005
Bay Area, CA
www.Coaster101.com
Discussing the injury today and anyone got a close-up and can confirm that what cut him was his head bouncing off the ice or Stasny's skate as he stepped over him?

Thanks in advance for looking.

So I don't know for sure, but I remember from the video last night that it looked like the blood was coming through his helmet on the side that was ice down, so I don't think it could have been the skate.

Eighth Fret

Jan 11, 2011
No it doesn't. I've been knocked out, no concussion.

Lol. Getting knocked out is an obvious indicator of a concussion. Your brain is jostled, hits your cranium, and your body shuts down to protect itself. You either fainted or passed out for another reason if it’s true you had no concussion. If you got knocked out due to head trauma then you were concussed whether you know it (or admit it) or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phu

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
In all seriousness, that was one of the worst injuries I've seen since Paul Kariya was knocked out by **** face. That was horrific. I was genuinely concerned for him and wasn't even that worried about the game for a minute there until he got off the ice.

Yeah, I had a sickening feeling in my stomach seeing it and I didn’t care for the game for one bit at hat point and just wished Pavs was well... given the feeling in my stomach and seeing the concern on some of the Sharks faces I was sure the 5 min PP would be of no use at all, because with the players feeling like me I thought there legs might be wobbly

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Honestly. The way he was laying down on the ice and the blood coming from his helmet... They should let him sit out for the rest of the season. I've seen many injuries through all my years of hockey. I was genuinely scared for him.

Dude has kids and shouldn't see ice for the rest of the season. He was obviously out as well so that's undoubtedly head trauma at the least.

Reactions: CrazedZooChimp

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Lol. Getting knocked out is an obvious indicator of a concussion. Your brain is jostled, hits your cranium, and your body shuts down to protect itself. You either fainted or passed out for another reason if it’s true you had no concussion. If you got knocked out due to head trauma then you were concussed whether you know it (or admit it) or not.

Ok, then you know more than the several docs that inspected me after the fact. Are you an expert? I even got kicked in the face after getting knocked out, breaking my jaw. I don’t care if you believe me or not, they were shocked I showed no signs of a concussion. They were also surprised I was alive. I could have easily been killed.

I’ve had a concussion before btw.

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Honestly. The way he was laying down on the ice and the blood coming from his helmet... They should let him sit out for the rest of the season. I've seen many injuries through all my years of hockey. I was genuinely scared for him.

Dude has kids and shouldn't see ice for the rest of the season. He was obviously out as well so that's undoubtedly head trauma at the least.

Bleeding from the head doesn’t mean much. Head cuts always bleed like the apocalypse. The loss of consciousness and possible after affects are the concern. Could be back for game 1 or could be out awhile.

Reactions: AaronDellForPrez

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
In all seriousness, that was one of the worst injuries I've seen since Paul Kariya was knocked out by **** face. That was horrific. I was genuinely concerned for him and wasn't even that worried about the game for a minute there until he got off the ice.

I personally think it's the worst injury I've seen since Malarchuk. Blood spilling out of the air holes in the helmet. Disturbing. What really bothers me is all this talk in the media about refs getting the call wrong. Not a single one of these articles is mentioning Pavs well-being or health status. Sad really. The guy is nothing but class all around and suffers what could be a life altering injury if it's bad enough. I hope he's ok. To bleed like that from your skull under the helmet can't be good.

Reactions: Iron Mosher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad