Post-Game Talk: #PAVELECTRICITY: Jets Win 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I hope we keep Stempniak on the third line. Him and Lowry seemed to fit well together and I think he's a better player than Tlusty. Perreault-Lowry-Stempniak, Tlusty-O'Dell-Halischuk would be my 3rd and 4th, though it's obvious that it will be Slater on the 4th.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Pavs in Edmonton
Hutch in Vancouver

(lets not have such short memories of the weak 3rd period goal Pavs let in in Vancouver last time)

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Pavs in Edmonton
Hutch in Vancouver

(lets not have such short memories of the weak 3rd period goal Pavs let in in Vancouver last time)

[mod]

We should also not let our memories keep us from playing the goalie who is playing best.

I am a noted Pavs basher, but he's playing great.
Its not sustainable, and he will start to suck again, but while he's playing great and Hutch is playing poorly I'd ride Pavs.

Hutch v. Edmonton
Pavs v. Vancouver.

Though typing "Pavs v. Vancouver" did make me feel weird.

#LetsGetIntoThePlayoffsAndNotWorryAboutBeingRightWhichGoalieIsBetter

Last edited by a moderator:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I agree with this. I don't understand his strategy to play his worst 5 players at the same time.

Is he thinking "Might as well get it over with" ? :laugh:

I suspect you were being fatuous but that is almost certainly his reasoning. To take the inverse of a popular maxim, "DO put all your rotten eggs in one basket"

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think Ladd has such good chemistry with Little ( vice versa ) and together they maximize point production imo .

Agreed. I don't think you split up Little and Ladd. Lowry did a commendable job filling in on the 1st line, but at this point in his career he is a better fit down the lineup.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Pretty damn good forward lineup, IMO.

I do not want to get too ahead of things here but when I see this team, I see a lot of the 2006 Edmonton Oilers.

They had an established core of Moreau, Horcoff, Smyth, Hemsky, Smith, Staios, Ulanov. They were good but didn't have enough supporting cast to make the playoffs or make noise when they got there.

They got Pronger, Samsonov, Dvorak, Tarnstrom, Spacek and Roloson amongst others.

The teams were both blue collar, youngish, and very fast, but picked up a bunch of supplemental talent to fill holes at the deadline.

They backed into the playoffs and were 1 period away from winning the cup.

The biggest difference between the 2 teams right now is that Pronger was better than Myers (though when you add Enstrom, Trouba and Byfuglien our D on the whole is better) and DWAYNE ROLOSON.

Now I'm not suggesting that we are going to win the cup. I'm just saying that I see a lot of similarities in the two teams.

IF we get high level goaltending in the playoffs this team will make some noise.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
When the glorious day comes were we completely healthy, my lineup would have Frolik and Perreault between Lowry. They had real nice chemistry prior to Perreault going down with Scheif as their center, but I think Lowry is a better fit between them.
I would try Tlusty or Stempniak with Ladd and Little, actually think Stemp would be a good fit with that line. His defensive ability would allow both Ladd and Little to play up.

Would go with Halischuk Slater Tlusty as my 4rth, that should be able to provide 8 to 10 mins a night.

Stafford Scheif Wheeler
Ladd Little Stempniak
Perreault Lowry Frolik
Halischuk Slater Tlusty

PerryPooley

Dec 28, 2011
It's awesome to think how much Scheifele has stepped up in Little's absence. He, Wheeler and Stafford are the de facto number one line now.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
When the glorious day comes were we completely healthy, my lineup would have Frolik and Perreault between Lowry. They had real nice chemistry prior to Perreault going down with Scheif as their center, but I think Lowry is a better fit between them.
I would try Tlusty or Stempniak with Ladd and Little, actually think Stemp would be a good fit with that line. His defensive ability would allow both Ladd and Little to play up.

Would go with Halischuk Slater Tlusty as my 4rth, that should be able to provide 8 to 10 mins a night.

Stafford Scheif Wheeler
Ladd Little Stempniak
Perreault Lowry Frolik
Halischuk Slater Tlusty

Hell Ya! Would like to see this line up.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
Starting the 4th line after a huge goal is something that drives me nuts and just don't get why he does that.

Pardy has done a lot better then in the past but Harrison has been pretty rough. Definitely our weakest link.

Jay Harrison has played in 28 games. In those games, the Jets' record is 17-8-3, versus 20-15-9 without him. I don't ask "how", I ask "how many".

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Perreault Little Frolik? Not sure what they'll do TBH assuming SSW stays together.

I wouldn't assume that. They have been very good lately and that is an argument for leaving them alone but Perry-Scheifele-Wheeler were very good too. Another one of those 'nice problems to have'.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'd be curious too, but I don't think the last 10 games of a season when we're on the playoff bubble is a good time to try stuff out for funsies. And Mo has already said SSW is staying if everyone is healthy.

Stafford - Scheifele - Wheeler
Ladd - Little - Frolik/Perreault
Perreault/Frolik - Lowry - Tlusty

Maybe then we finally get Tlusty to produce by putting Perreault or Frolik with him

Has Tlusty played with anyone but Slater since coming here? 1 or 2 games maybe but I don't think so. He's only been here for 10 games. Lets see him after a few games with anybody but Slater.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I suspect you were being fatuous but that is almost certainly his reasoning. To take the inverse of a popular maxim, "DO put all your rotten eggs in one basket"

That can't be the thinking. That's like saying 'why don't we try playing 1 goal behind for a while just for fun'.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I wouldn't assume that. They have been very good lately and that is an argument for leaving them alone but Perry-Scheifele-Wheeler were very good too. Another one of those 'nice problems to have'.

Maurice said it in one of his pressers, that he'd be reluctant to split up SSW once healthy.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Maurice says a lot of things. What he does may be something else.

Yeah but what is more likely? We may never get healthy but from the way he said it, I believe him. The assumption comes from that, not from my own thinking or what I would like to see.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah but what is more likely? We may never get healthy but from the way he said it, I believe him. The assumption comes from that, not from my own thinking or what I would like to see.

I won't be surprised if he keeps Staff and Scheif together and I won't be surprised if he puts Perreault back there. If what he is doing stops working he will change it.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone

I would be absolutely shocked if SSW were split up on Perreault's return, unless of course we experience some troubles that precipitates a line shake-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad