Post-Game Talk: #PAVELECTRICITY: Jets Win 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Well at this point in the season, the only thing that matters is wins... I'd play Pav next game, and give Hutch the second of the b2b.

Byefooglien

Siberia West
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
On another note, I really like Adam Pardy on the PK. I want him in the lineup over Harrison and paired with Byfuglien until Chiarot returns, and hopefully Maurice feels the same.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
While Myers deserved all the rave reviews he got, I thought Trouba had one of his best games in quite some time.

Overall, I thought Trouba was better than Myers last night, especially considering that he's playing with Stu. He's clearly playing a more conservative game than he did last year, probably based on coaching.

I do think that he's also a bit weary. That injury lay-off probably took a toll on his conditioning, etc.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Once Little is back, we can move Slater back to 4C. And all is well. What does everyone think for lines, and D pairs once everyone is healthy. Hoping everyone is healthy all at once. Obviously expecting Little back this week, he can just go in with Ladd and Frolik, and Lowry to 3C, that minimizes changing the lines around to much. Same thing on D with Buff, just plot him in Harrison or Pardy's spot. But What about when Perreault is back??

Ladd- Little- Frolik
Staff- Scheif- Wheeler
Perreault- Lowry- Stempniak/ Tlusty
??- Slater- Thorburn

Now would it be worth playing Tlusty or Stempniak on the 4th line, or sitting them and going with Halischuk.

Or another option:

Ladd- Little- Perreault
Staff- Scheif- Wheeler
Frolik- Lowry- Stempniak/ Tlusty

so much depth, I love it.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
On another note, I really like Adam Pardy on the PK. I want him in the lineup over Harrison and paired with Byfuglien until Chiarot returns, and hopefully Maurice feels the same.

Pardy is actually a pretty effective PKer. He has some poise with the puck and plays physically around the net. But never put him with Harrison or Stu on the PK (please).

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The problem is that even when Slater wins a face-off in the D zone, he's so ineffective at moving the puck that they still get hemmed in way too often. Part of the problem is that Maurice insists on playing Slater way too much with Pardy and Harrison. That is a recipe for disaster.

I agree with this. I don't understand his strategy to play his worst 5 players at the same time.

Is he thinking "Might as well get it over with" ? :laugh:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Pardy is an adequate player, the only time I ever really have an issue with him is when he is expected to carry a pairing, he simply can't do that. He played well early in the year when Postma was rolling and honestly I don't think he'd be much of a downgrade from Stuart if he was paired with Trouba (not advocating that, just an observation).

I have a soft spot for Pardy, you can usually see he's thinking of doing the right thing, sometimes he just lacks the ability to pull it off.

Byefooglien

Siberia West
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Once Little is back, we can move Slater back to 4C. And all is well. What does everyone think for lines, and D pairs once everyone is healthy. Hoping everyone is healthy all at once. Obviously expecting Little back this week, he can just go in with Ladd and Frolik, and Lowry to 3C, that minimizes changing the lines around to much. Same thing on D with Buff, just plot him in Harrison or Pardy's spot. But What about when Perreault is back??

Ladd- Little- Frolik
Staff- Scheif- Wheeler
Perreault- Lowry- Stempniak/ Tlusty
??- Slater- Thorburn

Now would it be worth playing Tlusty or Stempniak on the 4th line, or sitting them and going with Halischuk.

Or another option:

Ladd- Little- Perreault
Staff- Scheif- Wheeler
Frolik- Lowry- Stempniak/ Tlusty

so much depth, I love it.

Keep Tlusty on the 3rd, move Stempniak down. Tlusty should be able to do more offensively on a line with Perreault.

Either way, I concur on your depth comment. No real game-breakers up front, but we can get scoring from three lines.

Byefooglien

Siberia West
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Pardy is an adequate player, the only time I ever really have an issue with him is when he is expected to carry a pairing, he simply can't do that. He played well early in the year when Postma was rolling and honestly I don't think he'd be much of a downgrade from Stuart if he was paired with Trouba (not advocating that, just an observation).

I have a soft spot for Pardy, you can usually see he's thinking of doing the right thing, sometimes he just lacks the ability to pull it off.

I liked the Pardy-Ellerby pairing that we rolled last year.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I agree with this. I don't understand his strategy to play his worst 5 players at the same time.

Is he thinking "Might as well get it over with" ? :laugh:

This might not be far from the truth, Maurice might figure as long as the team will be spending time in the D-Zone with his bottom pairing he might as well try to survive with his 4th line and not waste the energy from his top 9 .

Jml78

Dec 14, 2013
YYZ
Overall, I thought Trouba was better than Myers last night, especially considering that he's playing with Stu. He's clearly playing a more conservative game than he did last year, probably based on coaching.

I do think that he's also a bit weary. That injury lay-off probably took a toll on his conditioning, etc.

Were you watching a different game? Myers effectively shut down the top goal scorer in the NHL last night and still was able to play his regular offensive game given those extemely hard minutes. Trouba was good, but to say he was better than Myers last night is pretty far fetched.

jiho

Apr 30, 2012

I like Pardy as a 6th D....unfortunately he is an UFA and the likes of Stuart, Harrison and Clitsome are under contract next season. Chevy needs to pawn off one or two of these three.

pateramus

Jan 10, 2013
Winnipeg
Keep Tlusty on the 3rd, move Stempniak down. Tlusty should be able to do more offensively on a line with Perreault.

Either way, I concur on your depth comment. No real game-breakers up front, but we can get scoring from three lines.

Yeah, I think Perreault might be the guy to spark Tlusty. Perreault is so crafty with the puck and get it to Tlusty right in front of the net for his dirty goals.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Pardy and Trouba were pretty good together on the PK.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
Were you watching a different game? Myers effectively shut down the top goal scorer in the NHL last night and still was able to play his regular offensive game given those extemely hard minutes. Trouba was good, but to say he was better than Myers last night is pretty far fetched.
^^^^^^^^^ this!!!!
Ovi was SOOOOO FRUSTRATED!!!! You could see it in his face.
He was trying so hard and had no answer for Myers.
Myers didn't even look challenged! just Wow!!!

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
What about keeping Lowry and Ladd together and using Little with Perreault?

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
What about keeping Lowry and Ladd together and using Little with Perreault?

Stafford-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ladd-Lowry-Frolik
Perreault-Little-Tlusty
Thorburn-Slater-Stempniak

(note, I'm not saying Little is our 3C now)

Looks good in theory. But Ladd and Little have so much proven chemistry I'd be leery to seperate them.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Stafford-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ladd-Lowry-Frolik
Perreault-Little-Tlusty
Thorburn-Slater-Stempniak

(note, I'm not saying Little is our 3C now)

Looks good in theory. But Ladd and Little have so much proven chemistry I'd be leery to seperate them.

Perreault Little Frolik? Not sure what they'll do TBH assuming SSW stays together.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I think Ladd has such good chemistry with Little ( vice versa ) and together they maximize point production imo .

We never try Little with anyone else (well barely) on LW so it's hard to know. Odds are they go back together but maybe they try something else first.

jetkarma*

We never try Little with anyone else (well barely) on LW so it's hard to know. Odds are they go back together but maybe they try something else first.

I get that , and it's not so much Little , I think Ladd scores at his pace or as much as he does because of the fit he has with Little.

We have options as I've been saying for a while , and will have more. Wonderful to have that be a reality isn't it.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
I'd be curious too, but I don't think the last 10 games of a season when we're on the playoff bubble is a good time to try stuff out for funsies. And Mo has already said SSW is staying if everyone is healthy.

Stafford - Scheifele - Wheeler
Ladd - Little - Frolik/Perreault
Perreault/Frolik - Lowry - Tlusty

Maybe then we finally get Tlusty to produce by putting Perreault or Frolik with him

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I'd be curious too, but I don't think the last 10 games of a season when we're on the playoff bubble is a good time to try stuff out for funsies. And Mo has already said SSW is staying if everyone is healthy.

Stafford - Scheifele - Wheeler
Ladd - Little - Frolik/Perreault
Perreault/Frolik - Lowry - Tlusty

Maybe then we finally get Tlusty to produce by putting Perreault or Frolik with him

I'm with you - minimize the disruption. Of your options, I'd do:

Stafford - Scheif - Wheels
Ladd - Little - Frolik
Perreault - Lowry - Tlusty

You could also swap Tlusty and Frolik, depending on where you want some more defensive help.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
I'm with you - minimize the disruption. Of your options, I'd do:

Stafford - Scheif - Wheels
Ladd - Little - Frolik
Perreault - Lowry - Tlusty

You could also swap Tlusty and Frolik, depending on where you want some more defensive help.

I think that would be the strongest 3 lines we've ever seen in 2.0 era

SSW
LLF
PLT

Stemp - Slater - Hali on the fourth ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad