Post-Game Talk: #PAVELECTRICITY: Jets Win 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Hey so who was saYing they'd have to be CRAZY to start pavs tonight? No way he could beat the Caps? Hahaha

Not me, i am one of a couple of posters who say you stay with the same goalie until he doesn't get a point, then go back to the other and so on . We do this until we are in the playoffs .:nod:

supersonic jet

Jun 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Not me, i am one of a couple of posters who say you stay with the same goalie until he doesn't get a point, then go back to the other and so on . We do this until we are in the playoffs .:nod:

Hutch should play EDM and Pavs should play Vancouver, we saw how Pavs faded from the beginning of yr.That 3 wks off gave him a fresh start again.

BennyTheJet

Oct 4, 2011
Toronto
Danny runs the bar that I go to from time to time to watch the Jets games (Motel in Toronto). He's such an awesome dude - he told me he was signing the anthem a few weeks ago. Turned on the game last night and there he was! I thought he did an awesome job.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Was out for the evening last night and could do nothing more than check the score occasionally. Needless to say I was in a good mood as the evening wore on.

4 straight wins and 8 sweet points against tough competition was just what the doctor ordered for us! Great time to get hot! Great work by Pavs! Much joy in joyland!

Frankly, I think we won the trade with Buffalo for one reason more than any other - Kane was going no matter what. He doesn't really even figure into it anymore because he was essentially of no value to us as a player. He wasn't a 30 goal scorer for us when he was traded. He was a zero goal scorer as far as futures go...

I also don't have any feeling that he is going to blossom with a great center. He played on many different lines with many different players here and it never made a lick of difference. He does his thing and it's likely 20-30 goals a season but not much more. We shall see. I hope he likes Buffalo more than Winnipeg though because if he doesn't things could get interesting...

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Was out for the evening last night and could do nothing more than check the score occasionally. Needless to say I was in a good mood as the evening wore on.

4 straight wins and 8 sweet points against tough competition was just what the doctor ordered for us! Great time to get hot! Great work by Pavs! Much joy in joyland!

Frankly, I think we won the trade with Buffalo for one reason more than any other - Kane was going no matter what. He doesn't really even figure into it anymore because he was essentially of no value to us as a player. He wasn't a 30 goal scorer for us when he was traded. He was a zero goal scorer as far as futures go...

I also don't have any feeling that he is going to blossom with a great center. He played on many different lines with many different players here and it never made a lick of difference. He does his thing and it's likely 20-30 goals a season but not much more. We shall see. I hope he likes Buffalo more than Winnipeg though because if he doesn't things could get interesting...

Kane could be the highly prized UFA in the summer of 2018

bodybreak

Whiteshell Wild
Jul 11, 2006
If you lose the face off, you aren't getting possession. He's the best face off man on the team, I think without checking it. That's worthwhile. I know Slater is the new goat here but O'Dell has done nothing since he's been brought up, good or bad. Slater is worthwhile to have on the roster for this run here. He's slow, he doesn't score at all, but he has some level of value.

At least twice last night, watching the game in person, O'Dell did things (in a good way) that made me ask, "Who was THAT?" Nothing flashy, but effective. Not sure how it came across on TV, but I find there's a huge difference between what you see watching on TV and watching in person.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
In regards to Kane..... I see Buffalo trading him in 2 + years to get some value back as I do not see Kane's ego allowing him to resign in Buffalo as a UFA ........ In Myers we have him locked up cheaply for 4 years as Bogo had 5 years remaining. I would much rather have Myers.
Armia has a bust % worked in........ But as many here have said ...... If we sign Stafford to a 3 or 4 year deal we should win this trade by a large amount........

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
He can't do better than stopping all the shots. Well, not unless he scores the winning goal. Damn Pav, can't score! :rant: :sarcasm: :laugh:

He still gave up a few rebounds but I thought it was within the range of normal for a good goalie. Didn't actually count them but well below his normal.

So, does Pav get the Oil or the 'Nucks? Or ....... both?

It only makes sense to split the games. If I had to guess, I'd put Hutch in against Edmonton. More of a chance to build his confidence. Then Pavs in against the Canucks. But maybe Maurice goes the opposite to give no sign we are taking the foot off the gas. We will see and I'll be okay with what the coach decides.

bodybreak

Whiteshell Wild
Jul 11, 2006
When everyone is healthy, I'd like to see this;

Stafford-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ladd-Little-Perreault
Frolik-Lowry-Tlusty
Halischuk-Slater-Stempniak
Thorburn

Enstrom-Myers
Chiarot-Byfuglien
Stuart-Trouba

Pavelec

I'm sorry, but if Pavelec keeps playing like he has, this team can do some serious damage and push any team in a 7 game series.

With the way they are playing, I don't see any way you can break up the SSW line.

:yo:

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
It only makes sense to split the games. If I had to guess, I'd put Hutch in against Edmonton. More of a chance to build his confidence. Then Pavs in against the Canucks. But maybe Maurice goes the opposite to give no sign we are taking the foot off the gas. We will see and I'll be okay with what the coach decides.

I give up trying to figure out this goaltending thing. Whatever.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Danny runs the bar that I go to from time to time to watch the Jets games (Motel in Toronto). He's such an awesome dude - he told me he was signing the anthem a few weeks ago. Turned on the game last night and there he was! I thought he did an awesome job.

One of my all time favorites.

Before I moved to Winnipeg I was a big fan of the Watchmen. I had the pleasure of meeting Danny back in the day when they were doing well and he was a really down to earth chill guy. That made me like the band even more. It was so cool to see him sign last night that was a surprise. I thought he did a great job especially with the US anthem.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If you lose the face off, you aren't getting possession. He's the best face off man on the team, I think without checking it. That's worthwhile. I know Slater is the new goat here but O'Dell has done nothing since he's been brought up, good or bad. Slater is worthwhile to have on the roster for this run here. He's slow, he doesn't score at all, but he has some level of value.

I'd say Slater is fading a bit as a player and likely this is his last season. And while O'Dell has had a few moments and hasn't looked out of place he hasn't done enough to replace Slater in the lineup. And there is no way an old school coach like Maurice kicks a long serving vet like Slater to the curb with this team in a playoff push. As it is Maurice is giving Slater 15 mins of ice time compared to 5 for O'Dell.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
something interesting to think about.

we're rolling along now (4 wins in a row) and playing great team hockey.

this is with 1/3 of our regular d men out with injuries and with 1/3 of our top 6 forwards out with injuries.
just think about it.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
well if we're gonna get 98 might as well get 100. :)

I was so going to say that but didn't want to jinx it. :laugh:

100 points playing all the central teams 5 times would be a huge feat.

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
I'm a Hutch fan but you have to ride Pav. For all those saying let Hutch have Edmonton they are scoring tons of goals. 20 in last 5 games. So it will be kich harder to keep Edmonton from scoring 2 or less then the other teams we have been playing. Edmonton is playing so wide open which does lead them to give up a few. This won't be a 2-1 game

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
something interesting to think about.

we're rolling along now (4 wins in a row) and playing great team hockey.

this is with 1/3 of our regular d men out with injuries and with 1/3 of our top 6 forwards out with injuries.
just think about it.

yeah. Something else to think about - we went on our post asb slide after getting all our D men back from injury. :help:

Just saying you can't really predict anything in this stupid game and have it go the way you expect it should. :)

The Jets have definitely dealt well with adversity this year though. There's no denying that fact...

bodybreak

Whiteshell Wild
Jul 11, 2006
Is there a site that show player stats vs NHL team? I remember reading here that Pavs always gets owned by the Caps, and at the same time, heard Dave Randorf say at the end of Hammer's video that last night was his 3rd career shutout vs Washington. Don't doubt that both facts are true, just wish I had access to player stats vs a given team. :)

Loved a couple of Watchmen songs growing up. Didn't realize that was their lead singer! Also didn't know (until I followed the link here in an earlier post) that he ran off to the Burton Cummings Theatre to do a show with the Watchmen after singing the anthem.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Is there a site that show player stats vs NHL team? I remember reading here that Pavs always gets owned by the Caps, and at the same time, heard Dave Randorf say at the end of Hammer's video that last night was his 3rd career shutout vs Washington. Don't doubt that both facts are true, just wish I had access to player stats vs a given team. :)

Pavelec had success against the Capitals early in his career (pre Winnipeg)

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

Agreed, he was terrific. I've had the pleasure of knowing Danny through my job for years and yes, he is one of the nicest, most down to earth people you'll ever meet, as are the rest of the band for that matter.

I remember talking to him in TO a couple of years back about his bar, he was just so jazzed to be showing Jet games all winter, his bar is a real Winnipeg Expat hangout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad