Post-Game Talk: #Pavelectricity ! 2-1 SO win over the Blues!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
the Blues TV announcers were heaping accolaides on the Jets during last year's games. said this will be a great rivalry for years to come and you should look out for the Jets.

so there is respect.

i never understood the Blues. you have Steen and then maybe Schwartz and maybe Oshie. i think that Stastny is insanely overrated and overpaid. otherwise, what forwards do they have that can score?

their D is incredible.

you're leaving out Tarasenko.... they're 4th in the league in goals for

they have 6 F that score at a 1st line rate at even strength (2p/60 plus) :

Tarasenko/Steen/Oshie/Backes/Lehtera/Schwartz and Stastny is only a little bit behind at 1.85

oh, and they also have a fantastic powerplay....

this isn't the Blues of 2 yrs ago

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I think it was more of a case of the Jets played a great game than the Blues played a poor one.

I think this is it entirely. What a fantastic game to watch. Sometimes, even most times, those 1-1 games are very dull to watch but I was literally on the edge of my seat for the whole game.

What a beauty of series that would be in the SCP. I have thoroughly enjoyed pretty well every Blues game we have played in recent memory - the teams seem to have a mutual respect and competitiveness that gets to another level. Very fun for the fans and the players.

To say that win was monstrous is an understatement.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Tomorrow is going to be a preview of glued-to-the-TV-playoff-hockey-that-I-really-care-about-cuz-the-Jets-are-back!

1:00 - St. Louis vs. Minnesota
3:00 - Vancouver vs. Los Angeles and Calgary vs. Columbus
6:00 - The Jets vs. Washington

THANK YOU MARK CHIPMAN. THANK YOU DAVID THOMPSON. THANK YOU JETS!!!

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
It must bother the Blues at least a little that they've blown third period leads in back to back games against the Jets.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
He did play that 3-on-1 nicely, but also had Myers flying back to cut off options. Myers' ability to recover due to his speed and reach is quite remarkable.

Myers is a poke-checking monster - his reach allows him to poke check from half a rink-width away. :laugh: His poke check on (???) cutting towards the net on an almost breakaway last night was a thing of beauty. Went from a dangerous situation to completely diffused in a matter of seconds.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Myers is a poke-checking monster - his reach allows him to poke check from half a rink-width away. :laugh: His poke check on (???) cutting towards the net on an almost breakaway last night was a thing of beauty. Went from a dangerous situation to completely diffused in a matter of seconds.

He's also a master of keeping the puck in at the blue line. He did it a few times last night, when it seemed highly improbable. He's a real difference-maker.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
**** alexander steen lmao

im so happy

I was at the game and the crowd boooo .....d. Steen liked he stole our lunch money just b4 he took his shoot out attempt....... I think that got in his head to be boo..... d that loudly in his hometown

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
He did play that 3-on-1 nicely, but also had Myers flying back to cut off options. Myers' ability to recover due to his speed and reach is quite remarkable.

Myers is fast becoming my favorite Jet. It's absolutely incredible how fast he can get back down the entire ice surface in a few strides, then back check with that long reach. Plus he's smart and talented. Amazing player.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
We win that trade with Myers alone :handclap:

I had Myers pegged as a mild upgrade over Bogo, and even at that, Myers has completely blown me away. I laugh whenever guys try and skate the puck around him, and he just uses that "15 foot stick" </Stafford> to casually poke it away. He's got the tools, he's got the talent.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Got to go to the game last night... man MTSC was on fire!

What a game!!!

Loved the replay of Edmund's radio call "JETS WIN!!!!, JETS WIN!!!!, JETS WIN!!!!.... BABY!!!!!!" it was just awesome.

theamazingchris

Jan 18, 2013
Winnipeg
He played a 3 on 1 very well in this game as well.

Unabashed Enstrom fan. People can knock his size but size is useless when you're outnumbered. Gotta use your brain and your stick, and Enstrom is an elite player in that regard. You need three guys going in on him before I get nervous. Two is child's play. :laugh:

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Lotsa love for the Jets (and the crowd) from Blues fans over on the site which can now be named:

http://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/2zn4lc/game_thread_blues_at_jets_03192015_700_ct_lets (probably NSFW)

I had Myers pegged as a mild upgrade over Bogo, and even at that, Myers has completely blown me away. I laugh whenever guys try and skate the puck around him, and he just uses that "15 foot stick" </Stafford> to casually poke it away. He's got the tools, he's got the talent.

Reminds me of that time Stafford said Perreault scored "10 goals in a game, or whatever..."

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Lotsa love for the Jets (and the crowd) from Blues fans over on the site which can now be named:

http://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/2zn4lc/game_thread_blues_at_jets_03192015_700_ct_lets (probably NSFW)

Reminds me of that time Stafford said Perreault scored "10 goals in a game, or whatever..."

I'm reluctant to use the cliche, but Stafford is a beauty, on and off the ice. He just fits right into that locker room. It will be a shame if the Jets can't re-sign him.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

People who exaggerate as often as Stafford does are a million times worse than cancer.

Note: preceding was irony.
Note #2: cancer is actually much worse than Stafford's exaggerative tendencies.

I'm reluctant to use the cliche, but Stafford is a beauty, on and off the ice. He just fits right into that locker room. It will be a shame if the Jets can't re-sign him.

I'm not going to claim that Kane isn't objectively better than Stafford or that Kane isn't years younger than Stafford, but surely you are correct and that replacing Kane with Stafford has given us substantial gains in the locker room atmosphere, and as long as sports are going to be played by human beings that will have actual value. From the sounds of his interview last night, he's acclimatized himself to the city and Polo Park meets his wife's approbation as a shopping destination, and he sang high praise about True North's help in getting him and his family set up in Canada. As long as the money can be worked out, I am quite confident that he'll be a part of this team for a few more years at least.

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
I'm more worried about the Washington game than I was about the St. Louis game. It seems like the Jets save their worst games for Washington. I don't know why, because they're not phenomenally good, but Ovechkin definitely has our number.

It just seems like there are certain teams that the Jets stink against - Washington, Ottawa, and Montreal come to mind. Fortunately, none of them are in our division.

I think the Jets have learned that they can beat St. Louis. They started to learn this in the third period of the previous St. Louis game, the one that ended with the goal that shall not be talked about. They've also learned how to beat Chicago, which is a huge step in the team's development. As it stands right now, St. Louis and Chicago are better than the Jets, but St. Louis and Chicago are also about as good as they're ever going to be, and have nowhere to go but down; the Jets, on the other hand, are going to get a lot better, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish higher than both the Blues and the Blackhawks - not this year, of course, but sooner than we might think.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Some players just feast on a particular team. Gretzky could usually guarantee himself a multi-point night against Jets 1.0. It seems Ovechkin is the same with Jets 2.0.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Myers & Stafford > Kane

I am going to really enjoy booing Kane in person when he comes back with Buffalo.

Good Riddance #9.

I wonder what kind of shenanigans our fans will come up with for when he comes back.

"DRY YOUR TRACK SUIT!" *clap* *clap* *clap**clap**clap*

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
People who exaggerate as often as Stafford does are a million times worse than cancer.

Note: preceding was irony.
Note #2: cancer is actually much worse than Stafford's exaggerative tendencies.

I'm not going to claim that Kane isn't objectively better than Stafford or that Kane isn't years younger than Stafford, but surely you are correct and that replacing Kane with Stafford has given us substantial gains in the locker room atmosphere, and as long as sports are going to be played by human beings that will have actual value. From the sounds of his interview last night, he's acclimatized himself to the city and Polo Park meets his wife's approbation as a shopping destination, and he sang high praise about True North's help in getting him and his family set up in Canada. As long as the money can be worked out, I am quite confident that he'll be a part of this team for a few more years at least.

That right there is what will get more FA's to sign or players with NMC/NTC to be willing to be traded here in the future. Winnipeg will never be on the top of the list of player destinations, but it seems the word is getting around the league that TNSE is a top notch hockey organization and is going to treat you very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad