Post-Game Talk: #Pavelectricity ! 2-1 SO win over the Blues!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMT21

I Give A Dam!
Aug 8, 2011
In My House
@ TBL
vs SJS
vs STL

Who seriously thought we'd walk away from these games with 6 points?

I totally did, but let it be known that I occasionally suffer from delusions of grandeur:laugh:

Almost seems like we're destined to make the playoffs. We just keep playing thru injuries and come up big when it matters. No chance in **** that the SSW gets separated for the remainder of the season. Hopefully with #18, #85, and #33 back in the fold soon we'll show the rest of the league what we can do.

As for Washington.... I say ride Pavs and rotate the B2B games next week. With the Yotes battling the Oilers in the McEichel sweepstakes, can't imagine they'll have a big taste for accumulating too many more points. :sarcasm: If we can play the Caps 5vs5 most of the game.. we've got a good shot.

FWIW... the Blues fans are convinced our chances of beating them in a playoff series hovers around 0% :shakehead

Taking at least 6 points from our games vs Minny, Calgary, Canucks(2x) should see us make the big dance. :yo:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
That's all you (and anyone else) needs to know about him. He's been banned, move along. :)

Well that explains things. Had wondered what became of Pavs biggest fan.:(

Pavs needs to start against the Caps.

More worried about the Oilers game than the Caps, Jets always choke against the bottom feeders.

Jet Speed19

Mar 12, 2015
Winnipeg
Great Effort last night. Solid game by everyone especially Pavelec. Finally beat those pesky Blues when we needed it most. Now bring on The Caps!

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I wouldn't break up SSW. Damn that line is looking good. I don't think Maurice wants to either. He was asked about it in a recent interview, and IIRC wanted to keep them together.

So yeah, maybe we try Tlusty-Lowry<->Perreault on the 3rd (not sure who would center).

Or maybe we try Ladd-Little-Perreault?

Perreault will almost definitely be on the third when he comes back. Long-term, I see him as a better fit with Scheifele than Stafford, but he hasn't played for awhile. Remember how Wheeler came back and was on the third for a few games, and only just started looking like himself again the last game or two? Perreault shouldn't be expected to jump back in and be our saviour right away.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Well that explains things. Had wondered what became of Pavs biggest fan.:(

Pavs needs to start against the Caps.

More worried about the Oilers game than the Caps, Jets always choke against the bottom feeders.

We're 9-1-1 agains the bottom 5 teams in the league this year. That's a little bit better than Always Choking

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I totally did, but let it be known that I occasionally suffer from delusions of grandeur:laugh:

Almost seems like we're destined to make the playoffs. We just keep playing thru injuries and come up big when it matters. No chance in **** that the SSW gets separated for the remainder of the season. Hopefully with #18, #85, and #33 back in the fold soon we'll show the rest of the league what we can do.

As for Washington.... I say ride Pavs and rotate the B2B games next week. With the Yotes battling the Oilers in the McEichel sweepstakes, can't imagine they'll have a big taste for accumulating too many more points. :sarcasm: If we can play the Caps 5vs5 most of the game.. we've got a good shot.

FWIW... the Blues fans are convinced our chances of beating them in a playoff series hovers around 0% :shakehead

Taking at least 6 points from our games vs Minny, Calgary, Canucks(2x) should see us make the big dance. :yo:

Yeah because all of their their playoff success is SO scary. They haven't been to the Cup finals since 1970, I don't believe even a conference final since 2001? 4 years ago they weren't even a playoff team. I respect them as they have loads of talent but they are just as much of a playoff choker as the Sharks are. Their fans also like to play the "We've had to play the Hawks and/or Kings the last few years that's why we lose!" card the last few seasons.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
If it ends up a Jets Blues playoff series, I would say the vast majority of experts/pundits would pick the Blues to prevail. They will be heavy favorites. Hell if we had their team this board would probably be just as smug, maybe even moreso. It's the same smugness that comes out when we play Toronto or Edmonton. We are no better than any other fan base that way IMO.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
GG

I'm thinking Hitch wasn't too happy with many players outside of Elliott

He's been resting one or two guys every game lately, but the guy missed the most has been Shattenkirk. He's practicing, but not contact yet....so probably about 2 weeks from playing is the estimate. The amount he contributes to the offense is hard to ignore. We haven't seen our full defensive corps on the ice in the same game one time this season, so really looking forward to his return (post-TDL).

I didn't think the Blues played terribly. It was a tough road game, and they've been very stingy giving up goals. But the forecheck wasn't handled as well as we're used to seeing. Personally, I feel like I see a lot of these kinds of games where one team is in playoff mode, fighting for a spot, and the other team is safely in. Its just not possible to replicate the desperation and focus that teams get when they know the season is on the line.

I think it was more of a case of the Jets played a great game than the Blues played a poor one.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
If it ends up a Jets Blues playoff series, I would say the vast majority of experts/pundits would pick the Blues to prevail. They will be heavy favorites. Hell if we had their team this board would probably be just as smug, maybe even moreso. It's the same smugness that comes out when we play Toronto or Edmonton. We are no better than any other fan base that way IMO.

There's the realisation that Edmonton and Toronto are the worst teams in the league, and then there's the Blues fans thinking that they're light years ahead of the Jets in terms of development.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
I think they may be influenced by their homer broadcasters. There are very few plays that the Blues make that Pang doesn't rank as outstanding or brilliant. Any good play by the other team is described as an extremely rare and inexplicable lapse of the normal outstanding brilliance of the Blue player who screwed up.

I hypothesize that the average St. Louis fan, listening to this over the course of many seasons, may gradually come to consider their team to be invincible. Just a theory.

i don't see that at all. If anything pang seems to be one of the better ones at praising Jets/opposition.

The Blues ARE a very good team. We CAN be a very good team. The difference is injuries/inconsistency/(and often times goaltending).

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

I think you guys are getting a skewed sample of Blues fans. On the Blues board, there is respect for the Jets. I do think the Blues would be favored (I mean....they'd be the higher seed with more points, so they should be). But Winnipeg plays a style of game that is conducive to the playoffs.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
There's the realisation that Edmonton and Toronto are the worst teams in the league, and then there's the Blues fans thinking that they're light years ahead of the Jets in terms of development.

Maurice thinks the Blues are the best team in the league. He would tell you they are light years ahead of his team.

And it's only some of the posters on an internet forum, not most or even a majority.. It took us beating the Hawks a few times before we earned "respect"

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg

I think it was just one dodo on their thread who said the '0‰' thing. We'd be underdogs, but have a chance, and it would be significantly higher than 0.

wilty00

May 15, 2007
Kelowna/Winnipeg
It's crazy to think how big those two Buffalo acquisitions have come through us in the last few games.

I was watching the St. Louis broadcast last night and all Pang could talk about was how Myers was playing better than he's ever seen him play, and noted that he was including his Calder winning rookie reason.

Stafford is just SO CLUTCH. Has there been a big goal in the last 10-12 days that he hasn't been a part of? He's not blowing the roof off pointswise but man does he make it count.

It sucks to lose Bogo but if Stafford enjoys this little run and stays on with the team I think we're looking at an incredible franchise changing trade. Good for Chevy.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
So proud of that Jets team last night. Before the Jets scored to tie it, my thought was that it could one of those games where you are the better team, but end up losing. For me, the Jets were the better team last night, and Hitch can say what he wants about the Blues playing slow, or whatever, but for me, a lot has to do more with the Jets playing well than the Blues playing poor.

As Lawless and others have mentioned, I can't imagine where we would be without Myers and Stafford. But not only those two, but Tlusty and Stemp have been nice additions. I think Tlusty is going to get a goal soon. I feel like even Chevy's biggest critics have to give him a tip of the cap to what he did around the TD this year. We've added to the roster without mortgaging the future, and if Stafford re-signs, it only looks better with the additional picks and prospects.

Have to also give Pavs his due. Probably not for only last nights game as he's been good in his last 3 IMO. Don't blame him on their goal, he didn't let in any softies, and also came up big and saved a couple that could have been goals (AP on the PP on the post to post slide, and Schwartz right after we tied it were both huge IMO).

Can't wait to start seeing some of our injured guys back in the lineup. And that's not a slight against the guys that have been in and getting it done lately. As great as MP was playing before his injury, I don't see how you touch Staff, Scheif, and Wheels right now though.

Wow is Saturday going to be an interesting night. Everyone in the hunt is playing.

poltRgYst

Jun 18, 2013
Is there something different about Pavelec's game compared to the rest of his season? Is he doing something different? Is he saving a shot he would usually let in? Is the team playing that much better?

The difference is that he lost his job and it pissed him off and he now realizes that he actually has to play good if he wants to stay with the Jets or even in the league. See what healthy competition at a position can do?

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014

What the hell would a Blues fan know about winning a playoff series?

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I think you guys are getting a skewed sample of Blues fans. On the Blues board, there is respect for the Jets. I do think the Blues would be favored (I mean....they'd be the higher seed with more points, so they should be). But Winnipeg plays a style of game that is conducive to the playoffs.

I doubt any reasonable Jets fan would expect to be favoured against the Blues.

I would hope any reasonable Blues fan doesn't see the Jets as some free pass to round two.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Maurice thinks the Blues are the best team in the league. He would tell you they are light years ahead of his team.

And it's only some of the posters on an internet forum, not most or even a majority.. It took us beating the Hawks a few times before we earned "respect"

Look at how Hitchcock has talked about the Jets. I doubt he considers St Louis light years ahead of Winnipeg.

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
It's crazy to think how big those two Buffalo acquisitions have come through us in the last few games.

I was watching the St. Louis broadcast last night and all Pang could talk about was how Myers was playing better than he's ever seen him play, and noted that he was including his Calder winning rookie reason.

Stafford is just SO CLUTCH. Has there been a big goal in the last 10-12 days that he hasn't been a part of? He's not blowing the roof off pointswise but man does he make it count.

It sucks to lose Bogo but if Stafford enjoys this little run and stays on with the team I think we're looking at an incredible franchise changing trade. Good for Chevy.

I don't know... since March 1 he's PPG with 5G and 3A. I've been kind of blown away.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno

the Blues TV announcers were heaping accolaides on the Jets during last year's games. said this will be a great rivalry for years to come and you should look out for the Jets.

so there is respect.

i never understood the Blues. you have Steen and then maybe Schwartz and maybe Oshie. i think that Stastny is insanely overrated and overpaid. otherwise, what forwards do they have that can score?

their D is incredible.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
the Blues TV announcers were heaping accolaides on the Jets during last year's games. said this will be a great rivalry for years to come and you should look out for the Jets.

so there is respect.

i never understood the Blues. you have Steen and then maybe Schwartz and maybe Oshie. i think that Stastny is insanely overrated and overpaid. otherwise, what forwards do they have that can score?

their D is incredible.

Plus Elliot is a meltdown waiting to happen.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

so there is respect.

their D is incredible.

Tarasenko 34-34-68

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

so there is respect.

their D is incredible.

Tarasenko?

Backes also has 25+ goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes