Post-Game Talk: #Pavelectricity ! 2-1 SO win over the Blues!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
That was fun. The energy in the MTS Centre was electric! Felt like a playoff game for sure. What a strong effort by the whole team.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Nah its same old pavs. He's always been a streaky goalie. We just need him to streak for about 10 more games. (after that we'll taking our chances in the playoffs)
I also think he is playing to save his career. That might have something to do with it too.
Yes, he is streaky, but I think it's too simplistic to say he is just trying harder to save his career. And I don't completely buy that it's normal variance around a mean...I'm still wondering if it's something else...

Pavelec looked legitimately good. I didn't think he got tested very often (in terms of quality chances, not shots) in some of his previous games since his return to the lineup but tonight he earned the impressive Sv% he got.

We look at the graphs of Pavelec's performance each year and see he often starts out strong before he plays consistently bad and averages out around .906-.908. His best season was the shortened lock out season which didn't allow him to have as many games in his typical downward spiral. Now Pavelec starts playing well after sitting for a long stretch of games, why is it that he plays so well after a long hiatus and so poorly after a month of regular starts? Maybe the better rotation is to give both tenders 5-10 games in a row (except for b2b) and give the other guy a chance to iron out the kinks in his game.
I was thinking exactly the same thing and would run with Pav for another few games, if he continues to win. The pattern is persuasive, even though the why is elusive.
PS-Good on ya for keeping an open mind on our goaltending as conditions have changed. There is a lesson to be learned there for others!

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Blues fan in peace:

Great game. The Jets outplayed the Blues in the latter half of the game for long stretches, and deserved to win. Pavelec was big tonight. Good luck in the playoff hunt.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
b8006b5525f295bc08446aa0a6b8ca8f.png

Pens now the sole team to win a game trailing after 2 periods.

Feels good. That 0 has irked me most of the season :handclap:.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Man I can't believe I missed this game! It sounds awesome

Was Pavs..... actually..... good? :amazed: :laugh:

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The fans were super loud at the Mts Centre in what I can only describe as a playoff style game. :handclap:

Pavs stole the show.

Please resign Stafford asap.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
I've actually been reasonably happy with him the last 3-4 games. He was a complete trainwreck in the last game vs. St. Louis, but he seems to be playing with a bit more confidence of late.

He really needs to be playing with someone who is good at distributing. You're not going to get many good looks playing wing on Jim Slater's line.

lol can you read my DMs on Twitter? was just discussing this.

he's a sniper and decent playmaker who isn't a detriment on D but def not a guy who's gonna win a ton of puck battles along the boards

he looked much better when he and Stafford were on Fro's wing anfd Fro isn't even a good C (just much better than Slater)

just wanna see O'Dell between him and Stemp until Little comes back

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
We look at the graphs of Pavelec's performance each year and see he often starts out strong before he plays consistently bad and averages out around .906-.908. His best season was the shortened lock out season which didn't allow him to have as many games in his typical downward spiral. Now Pavelec starts playing well after sitting for a long stretch of games, why is it that he plays so well after a long hiatus and so poorly after a month of regular starts? Maybe the better rotation is to give both tenders 5-10 games in a row (except for b2b) and give the other guy a chance to iron out the kinks in his game.

Finding and capitalizing on the pattern would be great. Or we may just be grasping at random spikes in the noise. Which could be dangerous if TNSE does the same, e.g. by extending Pavs after a great run. Only to find out later that regardless of rotation, he is still a .907 goaltender.

Still, as long as he is signed, might as well give it a shot. Also, the bolded in your quote may actually be legit. It's plausible splitting time between starts and focused training could lead to a better sv%. Maybe that's whats happening now.

Either way, hats off to Pavs for coming up big over the last few games.

Gabriel Landeskog

Aug 25, 2006
Blues GDT is living in the past with their previous win streaks against us. We can play that card as well the Blues haven't beaten us in a like a week.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I keep hearing that Lowry has done a good job filling in on our 1st line. It is true that he has done well moving up while Little has been out but he is not centring our first line. He has moved up to the 2nd and Ladd has moved down to the 2nd. Scheifele has been centring our 1st line. Scheif 22 min, Lowry 16.

The numbering of lines is more of a fans and media creation. There is usually an obvious hierarchy due to talent level and usage and we # them accordingly. At times like this when one of your top centers is out that gets mixed up a bit. If players got slotted in and numbered based solely on play Frolik would never be above Wheeler in the lineup.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I'm becoming a believer that we can beat St Lou as well. We've been outplaying them seriously in some of these games and thats without 4 of our key regulars. Dang right -- in a 7 game series, we win in 6.

When is the last time a team really pushed us around?

There may have been some split decisions, but I can't remember a team knocking us around in quite some time.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I love when fans of other teams take shots at our fans for getting excited about wins.

We just wanna get in the playoffs dammit!

Especially the way that team celebrated after the Jackman goal. Extra especially a team like St Louis has has never won anything.

Hilarious

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Woo hoo. A terrific night on the OOT scoreboard. The two teams we have the best chances of bulldozing (Minny & Vanc) both get walloped.

No sweat on Calg winning -- playing so many powder puffs down the stretch, they'll just implode once the real hockey starts

The Flames do have a couple of the bottom feeders on their schedule (ED, Arz) but the also play the Avs, Stars (X2) both of which are desperate and playing very well right now. Wild, Preds, Blues, Kings and Jets. I count 8 tough games. 9 if you count a much improved Blue Jackets team.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
the weird things to think about...

assume/hope Little's back on Saturday.
That moves Lowry back down to the 3rd line, and Slater (ugg) to the 4th and O'Dell to the press box.

IF Perreault's back in a week, where do you put him? do you break up Scheifele-Wheeler-Stafford?
do you put Perreault on the 3rd line and move Lowry to wing?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
the weird things to think about...

assume/hope Little's back on Saturday.
That moves Lowry back down to the 3rd line, and Slater (ugg) to the 4th and O'Dell to the press box.

IF Perreault's back in a week, where do you put him? do you break up Scheifele-Wheeler-Stafford?

Why would you need to move Lowry to the wing if MP is on the 3rd line? I'd guess by usage and the game they play MP would be put on the wing.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone

I wouldn't break up SSW. Damn that line is looking good. I don't think Maurice wants to either. He was asked about it in a recent interview, and IIRC wanted to keep them together.

So yeah, maybe we try Tlusty-Lowry<->Perreault on the 3rd (not sure who would center).

Or maybe we try Ladd-Little-Perreault?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad