Recalled/Assigned: Pavel Buchnevich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Basically stuck it to AV tonight. Coach is just an utter buffoon. Call him the **** up tomorrow and play him you clown coach. Fast out, Grabner banged, Stepan and Kreider and Zib hurting and Buchnevich is in the A. LMFAO. I mean the GWG was a man amongst boys. I mean the goalie was down on his knees and he just picked the corner with ease.

EatUpBuch

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
Time to call him up. Let him ride this confidence wave. Fast is out. Juggle the lines and try to ignite some offense.

Kreider Zibanejad Buchnevich
Nash Stepan Zuccarello
Vesey Hayes Miller
Grabner Lindberg Puempel

Pirri in for Grabs if he can't go tomorrow.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Time to call him up. Let him ride this confidence wave. Fast is out. Juggle the lines and try to ignite some offense.

Kreider Zibanejad Buchnevich
Nash Stepan Zuccarello
Vesey Hayes Miller
Grabner Lindberg Puempel

Pirri in for Grabs if he can't go tomorrow.

I know they have been quiet lately but I am not breaking up 40-13-10 just to get 26 on that line. Grabs will finish with as many goals as Jimbo will points. Jimbos first full season and he is going to be a good player but I am not stashing my 26 goal guy on the fourth line.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
How has Buch been this year, and how do you see him utilized for rest of the season? What do you see his peak at?

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
How has Buch been this year, and how do you see him utilized for rest of the season? What do you see his peak at?

If we're lucky he peaks as a 60-70 point forward. He's been very good this year, but AV has him on a ridiculously tight leash and keeps pushing him to the fourth line.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
he should be playing with us and given the same leash that Vesey has.. but you know AV is a moron

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
If we're lucky he peaks as a 60-70 point forward. He's been very good this year, but AV has him on a ridiculously tight leash and keeps pushing him to the fourth line.

I read in another thread here that AV kind of did the same with Kreider etc at some point too?

Looking on dobberhockey, Buch has played a lot with Zibanejad/Nash, but also a lot with Pirri/Fast at ES.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I read in another thread here that AV kind of did the same with Kreider etc at some point too?

Looking on dobberhockey, Buch has played a lot with Zibanejad/Nash, but also a lot with Pirri/Fast at ES.

Yes AV has done this with Miller, Kreider to some extent, Hayes, etc

He's fine at bringing along young players but people get mad when they players aren't immediately given all the minutes

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY

He's fine at bringing along young players but people get mad when they players aren't immediately given all the minutes

Well, I am sorry but Pirri has no business playing over Buch and it isn't even close. He has great skill and is even better in his own end than Pirri.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

So AV has a pretty good track record of doing this then, so that seems to be a good sign.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut

Totally fair for everyone to be mad then since Miller and Kreider were never able to take the next step and can't get out of the AHL now

Oh wait, no. It clearly had a positive impact on their development as they are now key players on our team.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Totally fair for everyone to be mad then since Miller and Kreider were never able to take the next step and can't get out of the AHL now

Oh wait, no. It clearly had a positive impact on their development as they are now key players on our team.

Or they're just really talented players who would've blossomed either way. Causation does not equal correlation.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY

Totally legitimate for people to wonder why a guy like Pirri is still getting any ice time over a player that could benefit much more from it in Buch. Pirri's biggest asset - and only, it seems - is his shot. He has 8 goals on the season, 4 of which were scored in the first 2 weeks of the season across 7 games. From October 28 to present, he has 4 goals. That's 4 goals in 45 games (along with 8 more assists outside of those first 2 weeks) from a guy who's only good at shooting and nearly nothing else. That's with Pirri being forcefed PP time, with which he does nothing while playing with guys like Kreider/Zuke. I would much rather have Buch back in.

Last edited:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Vesey seems to have a longer leash than Buchnevich, which many consider unwarranted.

Obviously Buchnevich missed a lot of time, but you can still see the discrepancy (Vesey being cyan, and Buchnevich blue):

NYR

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Totally legitimate for people to wonder why a guy like Pirri is still getting any ice time over a player that could benefit much more from it in Buch. Pirri's biggest asset - and only, it seems - is his shot. He has 8 goals on the season, 4 of which were scored in the first 2 weeks of the season across 7 games. From October 28 to present, he has 4 goals. That's 4 goals in 45 games (along with 8 more assists outside of those first 2 weeks) from a guy who's only good at shooting and nearly nothing else. That's with Pirri being forcefed PP time, with which he does nothing while playing with guys like Kreider/Zuke. I would much rather have Buch back in.

I don't disagree, I would be playing him over Pirri every night but I'm not going to get upset that he's been scratched a couple times. I'll trust the coach, it's not like hes been stuck in the press box the entire season.

We've got a few guys banged up so he's probably going to play now.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Yeah I personally think he should be playing but he's not going to get ruined or something

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I really disliked the defensive play of Zibanejad and Buchnevich. Brassard was less prone to mistakes in the defensive zone than Zibanejad. Not a knock on Zib but Zib and Buch were atrocious together for the 1st period a handful of games ago. That's when AV dropped Buch to the fourth line. That plus Kreider needs to be the one sprung on plays as opposed to staying in a defensively responsible position. We haven't been scoring much so AV might pull out the blender next game. I'd like to see Stepan with Buchnevich. Stepan and Kreider work well enough together. so 20-21-89. Nash and Jimbo should also stay together so 26-93-61. I'd like to see Grabner back on the fourth line. Not a knock on Grabner but I think he can be productive on the fourth line as well with his skill set. He was originally designated to be a fourth line player anyway. 10-13-36 and Miller has to start shooting again. Not enough shooting between those two. Puempel-Lindberg-Grabner to round off the fourth line and when Fast is back, I'm sure Grabner or Fast can play on the off wing.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
I don't disagree, I would be playing him over Pirri every night but I'm not going to get upset that he's been scratched a couple times. I'll trust the coach, it's not like hes been stuck in the press box the entire season.

We've got a few guys banged up so he's probably going to play now.

Agreed. I'm not against Buch getting a few games to watch, and I think some of his recent play has warranted that, but that's all it should be. A few games here and there when he plays poorly enough that he can take a breather and process things. As long as he doesn't get the Kreider treatment when he got called up/sent down like 6 times that season, I don't see any harm. From checking the HFD score and what people said in the HFD thread, he had himself a nice little game so it's good to see/hear he's hustling and not taking the assignment as a death sentence.

He can still be called up for the Boston game today, yea?

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016
Buch should be up but anyone thinking Vesey wouldn't be doing the same thing in the AHL is deluded

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Vesey seems to have a longer leash than Buchnevich, which many consider unwarranted.

Obviously Buchnevich missed a lot of time, but you can still see the discrepancy (Vesey being cyan, and Buchnevich blue):

NYR

Oy vey, my eyes are bleeding. This is my problem with some of these charts. Part of the art of the chart (how about that for rhyming?) is readability.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Hartford is dead last in the AHL, 20 games remaining. The Springfield game was the 1st of 3 home games in a row (Sat and Sun are the other two), and with no more roster restrictions per se in the NHL, I think Buch will be back up in NY after these games. Pack could bring up ECHLers or sign college players to finish up the season if needed.

Frankly... The Swamp Rabbits (ECHL) are doing very well, and if the Pack didn't pinch their best players for 20 meaningless games, as a fan, I would be in favour of strengthining the Rabbits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad