Injury Report: Pavel Buchnevich: Concussion

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
If it were to happen, and they go off the board with a pick this place will implode.

Really crap for Buch, the line-up is starting to look increasingly like tripe. Another coal bucket added to the tank train, however. Full steam ahead.

Hope Hank gets to his 30.
We don’t want Hank to get to 30. That means we won too many. Maybe he gets to 30 on another team

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Part of being an elite player is staying healthy. Learning how to protect yourself. Messier did it. If someone hits you hard ok. The next time get your stick up in his teeth and so what if you get a 5 minute major. Stick up for yourself. Kid spent 1/2 his career so far in the press box, and 1/2 injured. He will never amount to more than a fringe 2nd line singer. Way to soft. Play him and Zibby together on the 5th line

Except he's already a first liner.

Your post makes no sense. You want us to get rid of our best players because of a faulty narrative you are spinning about injury history.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Except he's already a first liner.

Your post makes no sense. You want us to get rid of our best players because of a faulty narrative you are spinning about injury history.
He’s a first liner on the Rangers. So is Mika and Kreider the 30% of games he shows up for. That is our problem

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He’s a first liner on the Rangers. So is Mika and Kreider the 30% of games he shows up for. That is our problem

No, he's a first liner in the NHL. Thats what the stats say.

Those players are all first liners.

There might be a point there that most Cup Contending teams have those 3 along with one of the best offensive players in the league, so they have 4 1st line players or sometimes they have 5 or 6 if they have a really good forward lineup, but don't blame those three because the team doesn't have any star forwards.

Reactions: UnSandvich

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
No, but I fail to see how working hard keeps you from getting elbowed in the face.

When you work hard, it gets the guy not working hard elbowed. See it's all McLeod's fault, he's a hard working tough player and Buch is a soft, lazy Euro, hence he gets elbowed. I am in total shock you can't understand crackerjack logic like that.

Last edited:

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
No, but I fail to see how working hard keeps you from getting elbowed in the face.
He’s in the league 2 seasons and run all the time. Spends a lot of time on his ass. Get your stick up. Hurt someone. Earn some space. Guys will learn and leave you alone a little

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Day of the McLeod claim:
All you tough guys out there sitting behind your computers. WHEN THE RANGERS START CALLING UP THEIR PRIZED KIDS FROM THE MINORS WHO WOULD STAND UP FOR THEM AND DETER THEM HAVING CHEAP SHOTS TAKEN AT GHEM OR BEING RUN. WHOM? I bet McLeod will fill that role. Someone needs to keep guys on the other team honest and protect the kids. DID YOU WATCH THE KINGS GAME?

Today:
Does Buchnevich even lift?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
No, he's a first liner in the NHL. Thats what the stats say.

Those players are all first liners.

There might be a point there that most Cup Contending teams have those 3 along with one of the best offensive players in the league, so they have 4 1st line players or sometimes they have 5 or 6 if they have a really good forward lineup, but don't blame those three because the team doesn't have any star forwards.

IMO Zuccarello is our only really legit 1st liner. The likes of Zibanejad, Kreider and Buchnevich might do okay on a 1st line but none of them as yet has produced more than mid 50's point production. Most teams--the good ones anyway will have one, two, three guys in the 60, 70, 80 range by the end of this year. Just saying. You can call them 1st liners but then they're low scoring ones. Top line talent is an issue for us. We're fine on 2nd line talent.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
IMO Zuccarello is our only really legit 1st liner. The likes of Zibanejad, Kreider and Buchnevich might do okay on a 1st line but none of them as yet has produced more than mid 50's point production. Most teams--the good ones anyway will have one, two, three guys in the 60, 70, 80 range by the end of this year. Just saying. You can call them 1st liners but then they're low scoring ones. Top line talent is an issue for us. We're fine on 2nd line talent.
Agreed. To call these guys first liners is embarrassing. Even a Kreider is questionable although I put him in. BARELY

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
As for Buchnevich--it's sucks but FWIW it might be one of those concussions where he's back in a week and a half--two weeks. Some concussions are worse than others and FWIW again I haven't heard anything about the severity of this one.

But even so---tanking for the sake of tanking isn't really the honorable way to go but OTOH there's nothing dishonorable about players not being able to play because of torn meniscuses, blood clots or concussions. Those injuries are just shit luck. The way the team played last night IMO was just more writing on the wall. So.....1) until Buch comes back we'll see someone else--maybe Lettieri again 2) almost makes it even more a given that Nash, Grabner and whoever else will be dealt at the deadline and that we won't be sending draft picks and prospects to other places, they'll be conserved for next year and 3) the probability that we'll get an even higher draft position has increased.

I might also say that I haven't liked the way the team has played this year. Even without the injuries (and I'd include Zibanejad's 9 games and Hayes' 4 games) we were hardly a sure bet to make the playoffs. Throughout the season this team has played soft, have given away games and have a number of times been not ready to play when the puck drops. To me that last one for sure is on AV. It's up to him and his staff to have them ready to go right after the national anthem. Too often they've not been ready. There's almost nothing to indicate to me this year that making the playoffs they could get past even round 1.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
As for Buchnevich--it's sucks but FWIW it might be one of those concussions where he's back in a week and a half--two weeks. Some concussions are worse than others and FWIW again I haven't heard anything about the severity of this one.

But even so---tanking for the sake of tanking isn't really the honorable way to go but OTOH there's nothing dishonorable about players not being able to play because of torn meniscuses, blood clots or concussions. Those injuries are just **** luck. The way the team played last night IMO was just more writing on the wall. So.....1) until Buch comes back we'll see someone else--maybe Lettieri again 2) almost makes it even more a given that Nash, Grabner and whoever else will be dealt at the deadline and that we won't be sending draft picks and prospects to other places, they'll be conserved for next year and 3) the probability that we'll get an even higher draft position has increased.

I might also say that I haven't liked the way the team has played this year. Even without the injuries (and I'd include Zibanejad's 9 games and Hayes' 4 games) we were hardly a sure bet to make the playoffs. Throughout the season this team has played soft, have given away games and have a number of times been not ready to play when the puck drops. To me that last one for sure is on AV. It's up to him and his staff to have them ready to go right after the national anthem. Too often they've not been ready. There's almost nothing to indicate to me this year that making the playoffs they could get past even round 1.
We also cannot exclude Lundqvist. The guy was crap in October. Good in November. Very good in December. Elite in January up until the end and an abortion the last few weeks. Why can’t we just get consistency

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Agreed. To call these guys first liners is embarrassing. Even a Kreider is questionable although I put him in. BARELY

Buchnevich is 58th in the league in P/60 among players w/ 600 minutes. Zibanejad, Miller, and Zucc are all in the Top 100 as well. But let me guess, because they're not "tuff", they don't deserve to be called 1st liners?

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
We also cannot exclude Lundqvist. The guy was crap in October. Good in November. Very good in December. Elite in January up until the end and an abortion the last few weeks. Why can’t we just get consistency

I've been very happy with Lundqvist after October. IMO we'd be at the bottom of the league without him and for a few weeks I even fantasized we could make the playoffs and maybe even win a round. IMO he's not been the problem--though he's had a couple stinkers lately. IMO he's also been overplayed--a product of our own desperation to win games which might be a reason for those stinkers.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
I've been very happy with Lundqvist after October. IMO we'd be at the bottom of the league without him and for a few weeks I even fantasized we could make the playoffs and maybe even win a round. IMO he's not been the problem--though he's had a couple stinkers lately. IMO he's also been overplayed--a product of our own desperation to win games which might be a reason for those stinkers.
I can’t disagree with this too much

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Buchnevich is 58th in the league in P/60 among players w/ 600 minutes. Zibanejad, Miller, and Zucc are all in the Top 100 as well. But let me guess, because they're not "tuff", they don't deserve to be called 1st liners?
At the end of the day P/60 is an indicator but it's not actual point production. The Rangers need the actual production from someone or other to win games. There have been plenty of occasions when every single player on your above list has gone through a protracted dry spell of listless performances. If we had a guy we could depend on for 80 actual points year in and year maybe one or two of the above could piggyback off that productive player and make a case for himself as a legit first line player. To me they're second line types until they put up the kind of numbers that justify it and that's 60-65 points anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad