Injury Report: Pavel Buchnevich: Concussion

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
What conditioning drills would help prevent an elbow to the face?

Not referring to that. I know conditioning would not help being elbowed in the face, lmao.

But if you've really kept an eye on Buch this year, you can't tell me he's very fast or strong on the puck. That's what I meant.

I know I worded my post badly considering the situation, but still.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers are without 2/3 of their top line and the player supposed to make up for the loss of Stepan. Shattenkirk was supposed to give them an offensive boost from the blue line. They never replaced Stepan with another center. That is easier said than done.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
f*** this season...
TerrificGlumDugong-max-1mb.gif

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
The Rangers are without 2/3 of their top line and the player supposed to make up for the loss of Stepan. Shattenkirk was supposed to give them an offensive boost from the blue line. They never replaced Stepan with another center. That is easier said than done.

Willing to give Shattenkirk the benefit of the doubt this season.Playing on a torn meniscus for the entirety of the season. He trooped it out when he shouldn't have. He wasn't as horrible as everyone makes it seem. Arguably one of his best assets, his skating, was limited from the start. He will be okay next season.

Doesn't change the fact that this is a team in transition. Moves need to be made. Keep Zibanejad, Buchnevich, Kreider, Shattenkirk (at least for now), Chytil, Andersson, DeAngelo, Shesterkin, Hank and Fast. Everyone else can go. Tear this f***er down.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Well, everything I read, and everything my intuition told me, was that we would not be tanking, but trying to remain competitive (to a degree) while selling off the UFA pieces and maybe one or two others if a great offer came across. With injuries mounting, I get the sense that we may just go into full on tank mode by default. Even if we keep our guys, I don't know that we have enough to remain competitive.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Well, everything I read, and everything my intuition told me, was that we would not be tanking, but trying to remain competitive (to a degree) while selling off the UFA pieces and maybe one or two others if a great offer came across. With injuries mounting, I get the sense that we may just go into full on tank mode by default. Even if we keep our guys, I don't know that we have enough to remain competitive.

Due to the injuries and the specter of a looming sell-off, a tank may come naturally over these next couple of months.

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
A top 3 pick this year would make this insufferable season somewhat worthwhile - assuming they'd pick one of the top 3 players.

If it were to happen, and they go off the board with a pick this place will implode.

Really crap for Buch, the line-up is starting to look increasingly like tripe. Another coal bucket added to the tank train, however. Full steam ahead.

Hope Hank gets to his 30.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
If it were to happen, and they go off the board with a pick this place will implode.

Really crap for Buch, the line-up is starting to look increasingly like tripe. Another coal bucket added to the tank train, however. Full steam ahead.

The only hold up I have with the tank occurring is the 90+ year precedent of RangersTown™️ Never doing that.

FJB

Jun 30, 2009

At this point, that's all I want: Hank with 30 wins.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
So our forwards next game will be:

Zucc-Zibanejad-Nash
Vesey-Hayes-Miller
Grabner-Holland-Fast
Carey-Desharnais-McLeod

Is that the worst forward group in the NHL?

That's a 2nd line, a 3rd line, a 4th line and an AHL 4th line. Insane.

Why exactly is Holland getting played over Nieves? Is there something with Boo's contract status they're trying to avoid?

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Was injured multiple times last year, and now looking like he will be out a prolong amount of time. I wouldn't exactly call that a healthy start to his NHL career.
Part of being an elite player is staying healthy. Learning how to protect yourself. Messier did it. If someone hits you hard ok. The next time get your stick up in his teeth and so what if you get a 5 minute major. Stick up for yourself. Kid spent 1/2 his career so far in the press box, and 1/2 injured. He will never amount to more than a fringe 2nd line singer. Way to soft. Play him and Zibby together on the 5th line

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
By the way, Brendan Smith was Mack-trucked a few games back remember? and got up right away like nothing happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad