Tribute Paul Byron appreciation thread

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Excellent weaver claim

Beast on the PK, never took a shift off and he actually gave a f*** enough that he learned french

Sad it had to end like this, but dude's was a true warrior. Respect

I think he already knew French before he got here. He's from Ottawa, and I remember him giving french interviews from the start.

Not that I give a crap about whether someone knows French or not, but there it is.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Love the guy. Respect for the perseverance and commitment.

I have so much respect for what Byron, Weber and Price did in the Cup run. Incredible to realise that those three basically played through career ending injuries and performed at an A+ level.
Props to them and a bit sad to hear about how they all just want to live life without pain. They all sacfriced a lot and at least got a deep run out of it.

Im sure the organization will provide thema anything they need as they transition to a post playing career suxh as employment opportunities.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
It looks like Byron's career as a player is over based on what was said at the end of season interviews today. It's sad that another player is having his career ended due to injury, especially Byron who always gave it his all for the Habs.

I'd love for him to stick around the organization in one way or another, and I'm glad he seems to want to.

Good luck in the next stage of your career, Paul, and thanks for playing your ass off for the team!

I can definitely see him playing in player development and working his way to upper management as a AGM or even managing an organization like the Rocket. Big props to Byron for sticking around the team the whole season even if he wasnt going to play. You'd see clips of him being in the lockeroom or press box.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Hopefully they can find a spot for him in management as he was a guy who truly loved being here.

He worked his ass off to achieve his success, so definitely would be a good guy to have around our prospects.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I really liked Paul Byron as a player. I thought his waiver pick up and first contract extension were probably Bergevin’s best moves. Best of luck to him. A lot of guys really put their bodies on the line to chase the cup in 2021.

Reactions: rik schau

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Didn't like the contract he got, but his wheels to get breakaways was very impressive. His play in the cup run pretty much made up for the over payment of his contract.

Still would have liked for them to trade him, get assets and then sign him.

Ah well, best of luck, Paulie in your likely new job in player development.

Reactions: Andy

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Didn't like the contract he got, but his wheels to get breakaways was very impressive. His play in the cup run pretty much made up for the over payment of his contract.

Still would have liked for them to trade him, get assets and then sign him.

Ah well, best of luck, Paulie in your likely new job in player development.
We don't beat the Leafs without Byron's play. We haven't been relevant since the Carter administration. But for one, improbable, and glorious playoff run, we were. Byron was one of the major contributors to that run. For that contribution, and the leadership he displayed, Byron, who always played fast and fearlessly, should always be viewed with the greatest of admiration and respect.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
A very good acquisition for nothing. Not injured, a perfect guy for a bottom 6 lineup. Thing is...we acquired him BECAUSE of the injuries...but nonethless....we acquired him anyway.

Clearly, there is interest for both parties to keep him around. Always nice to see!

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Hands down one of the fastest skaters to ever lace them up
in the NHL.

Paul Byron , the fastest skater in Montreal Canadiens history .
A true speed demon.

Thanks for all the memories Paul .

Good luck on your new journey , a climb up the management ranks .

Let's get that CUP !

Last edited:

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
So he packed it up then,what a shame. I know he was hurting,just a guy that I liked and could respect what and how he brought.

Reactions: angusyoung

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes