Tribute Paul Byron appreciation thread

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Love the guy. Respect for the perseverance and commitment.

I have so much respect for what Byron, Weber and Price did in the Cup run. Incredible to realise that those three basically played through career ending injuries and performed at an A+ level.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Thank you, Paul.

So much heart and passion every night. Penalty kills were always exciting as he was always ready to zip away with the puck. I hope he stays with the team.

Paul Byron got 6 game-winning goals in 16-17!

And of course we'll never forget his magical goal against the Leafs...
paul-byron-montreal.gif

Edit: I haven't realized until now how Sandin looks like a break dancer in the background

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Ti Paul can work with other Ti players Habs have. I liked him. Too bad he can’t play anymore.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
If you liked seeing Paul Byron snack down the Leafs, gimme a ‘Hell YEAH!’
I will give you a Hell Yeah.

All props to Byron, a guy half the size of some of the beasts of the NHL and he squeezed every bit he had to carve out a good NHL career. My wish for him is that with rest and rehab he can enjoy the rest of his life pain free.

Tip of the cap to you, Ti-Paul, and I trust the org will find a suitable role to keep you around in some capacity.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Not surprised by the announcement. Loved Byron. He made watching a pk enjoyable, and you could see his breakaways coming and there was f*** all the other team could do about it.

He was clutch and a huge contributor to the Finals run. Another player who played through pain & gave his all to get there.

Hopefully he stays with the Canadiens.

Good luck, Paul!

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The Habs scored two iconic goals in the playoffs in the past decade. Byron got one of them, Subban the other. Both players will live on in Habs history because of those moments.

One of the best bang-for-the-buck players and exciting as hell to watch for a few seasons. Thanks, Paul!

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Not surprised by the announcement. Loved Byron. He made watching a pk enjoyable, and you could see his breakaways coming and there was f*** all the other team could do about it.

He was clutch and a huge contributor to the Finals run. Another player who played through pain & gave his all to get there.

Hopefully he stays with the Canadiens.

Good luck, Paul!
That Finals run was built on all heart

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
It seems everyone loved him as much as I did, the true definition of a heart and soul player.

Some memories: the goal vs the leafs in 2021 on his knees, goal vs Vegas on the same run, and the last second breakaway goal vs Nashville to win the game.

One my my favorites for sure , hope he can continue to find success whenever he ends up

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
ok, first paul net worth is about 15mil so he is ok. but clearly he wants to stay in mtl and work for the habs as anything but a second fallback job is for RDS. or perhaps he can join chantal for a few years. but overall Paul will have to test his body, he still has pain he might yet need more surgery. their may come a time when the doctors tell him , it's time to buy a big tv and a big comfortable chair.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
The Habs scored two iconic goals in the playoffs in the past decade. Byron got one of them, Subban the other. Both players will live on in Habs history because of those moments.

One of the best bang-for-the-buck players and exciting as hell to watch for a few seasons. Thanks, Paul!
you’re missing a goal that is even more iconic then those 2 goals

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Nice pickup on the waiverwire. One of the rare occasions were a BargainBin special did pan out. Tons of speed for an energetic player who decided to pick a fight at the wrong moment. He's an example of perseverence, but once again BargainBin spoiled it all with that contract extension. The youngsters would benefit learning about Byron's courage and tenacity.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Great player, was always a ton of fun to watch. The speed, the hockey sense and the effort were always there. Unfortunately injuries and size held him back a lot in the end.

Seems like a good person too. Hopefully he'll remain a part of the organization in some capacity.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Get this man some stem cell injections to his knees and where ever else! Glad his contract is finished, it’s too bad it ends like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad