Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
fqzsa30rc5i01.jpg
That's some unbelievable company to be with , some of the best all time . And he is a Winnipeg Jet . :thumbu:

Reactions: Oseductive

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
That goal last night again showed why he needs to keep shooting.

Whenever he's on the ice you can't breathe because you know he has that shot and he only needs one to make something happen.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
He looked great and if there's been talk about driving a line, think he did just that against St. Louis (creating offence for himself as well as the team mates while looking strong on the puck). If he can do that day in day out even before the playoffs, that would be great. Nevertheless, Laine's type of a player who has absolutely ridiculous one-timer, wrist/slap shot and wide scoring arsenal should without a question have a playmaker in his line. It's just wasted scoring potential (from team's own perspective) forcing him to create his own offence when he could score so many goals with someone that had the vision and hockey IQ to set him up in a consistent basis. Not that Jets would have trouble getting the puck into the net, but regardless.

Laine's game has steadily been improving throughout the winter and he looks a lot better at 5 vs 5 than at the beginning of the season. He is slowly but steadily elevating his game and who knows, perhaps he could even be ready to put on a show similar to what he did at the FEL playoffs. Perhaps too early, but who'd thought he could do that at the time either (being 17 yo while playing first season in FEL). Should be Interesting to see. At the same time I still cannot but only wonder where'd he be on that teenage scoring list if utilized in a way that would have maxed out his scoring potential.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
If we get the best version of Patty, down the stretch and into playoffs, it will be a successful season.

He has gradually lifted his play as the season has progressed, which points to his best hockey is still to come.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
In a season where it seems like it has become a sport to figure out what is wrong with a Laine and or the coaching staff for how they are deploying him Patrik is on the cusp of 30 goals again with 21 games left to play.

30 goals is really tough to get in the new NHL.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
In a season where it seems like it has become a sport to figure out what is wrong with a Laine and or the coaching staff for how they are deploying him Patrik is on the cusp of 30 goals again with 21 games left to play.

Yes but most of the goals are from power play so they don't count. Apparently.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
That one last night was just sick. Basically a flick of the wrist!

Watching with some buddies and one said Allen was out of position...he was, but I don’t think he stops that one regardless of how well positioned he was.

He really should be shooting from almost anywhere

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Garbox

Feb 27, 2016
Finland
That one last night was just sick. Basically a flick of the wrist!

Watching with some buddies and one said Allen was out of position...he was, but I don’t think he stops that one regardless of how well positioned he was.

He really should be shooting from almost anywhere

Had Allen been a tad more to his right, he would've stopped that. If Laine had shot there, have to remember that as a right hand shot he had a quite small angle to back corner, glove side top corner on the other hand... and that's what Allen probably was securing there, subconsciously or on purpose.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
People on main boards found a way to make that stat unimpressive.

Laine's too cool for school and some people will always be salty for it.

Yes. It's amazing. I spent few hours (once again) with stats charts and stats looking something that could really disprove the value of his rare accomplishment. No matter what facet of the accomplishment I tried to look at, what I found was only close association after close association to famous guys whom names appears very often in the threads and discussions of this site. I failed to find anything, anything at all that could be truly used against Patrik and his accomplishments.

I don't get it what it could be then that would satisfy some folks there...

Reactions: kanadalainen

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Liked his game again last night, he is showing some more versatility. Was pissed at him that he didn't shoot on that 2v1 with Ehlers, his shot should almost always be the first option.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

It just shows the potential he has.

Reactions: ps241

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Liked his game again last night, he is showing some more versatility. Was pissed at him that he didn't shoot on that 2v1 with Ehlers, his shot should almost always be the first option.
In the first period they also had a good shift during which Patty could've shot the puck like three times, but opted to pass it every single time. He's too damn picky.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Those all time goal scoring teenagers on that list would probably everyone envy Patrik's goal scoring highlight reel of first 65 career goals, if there would exist such kind video collections for them all, and they would be put into a comparison.

It's not only about "How many?", it's also about "Wow! How?!"

19GoalsInPlayoffs

Jan 30, 2017
And he has until April 19th to continue to score. He could pass Gretzky.

Yes, he could. Wayne had his 20th birthday at the end of the January, so Patrik has the advantage of couple of months. Plenty of extra games. But still. If you pass the Great One in any NHL scoring related stat, it is... uhmm... Great.

Lets see if Patrik can do it.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Nice list.

#8 though.

Imagine if he had played with Scheifele this whole time. I'm not saying let's argue whether he should or not. He'd probably be already past Gretzky. Not adjusted for era. Think about that.

This kid is pretty good.

Btw Laine stop turning the puck over when standing still with time. It's cool that you're going to be the best player in the NHL though so we'll give you some time for developing these things.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
That is mostly because hardcore Toronto fans on the main boards hate Laine and Winnipeg.

If Laine plays good they say he only scores on powerplays and empty netters.

It is laughable to say the least.

People on main boards found a way to make that stat unimpressive.

Laine's too cool for school and some people will always be salty for it.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
That is mostly because hardcore Toronto fans on the main boards hate Laine and Winnipeg.

If Laine plays good they say he only scores on powerplays and empty netters.

It is laughable to say the least.

It is really laughable... I seen all the negative comments on that main board thread and is it ever pathetic that they’re still keeping up the Laine hate.

I remeber last season, at the very beginning of the season they said he was only a Winger, a little after that all he could do is tip the puck in the net, in the middle of the season he was weak defensively and out of no where he became injury prone, nearing the end of the season he could only score empty netters, at the end of the season his higher PPG and GPG where simply sample size.

They clinched on to any lazy excuse last season to make Laine look bad and now I’m sitting here looking at Matthews and my have the tables turned, I do find it somewhat hard and to not be intrigued into doing the same thing they did to Laine as payback(washing down a really good players success with excuses), but I myself do have the impulse control to not do so.

Last edited:

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I read so many times that Laine is lazy and he is slow and too heavy and he is having an off year .

He has no two way game and does not know how to play defense.

The he can only score power play goals and he is a one dimensional player with only a good shot was preposterous.

It was sickening to read this garbage and the Mathews is better comparisons was beaten to death.

It is really laughable... I seen all the negative comments on that main board thread and is it ever pathetic that they’re still keeping up the Laine hate.

I remeber last season, at the very beginning of the season they said he was only a Winger, a little after that all he could do is tip the puck in the net, in the middle of the season he was weak defensively and out of no where he became injury prone, nearing the end of the season he could only score empty netters, at the end of the season his higher PPG and GPG where simply sample size.

They clinched on to any lazy excuse last season to make Laine look bad and now I’m sitting here looking at Matthews and my have the tables turned, I do find it somewhat hard and to not be intrigued into doing the same thing they did to Laine as payback(washing down a really good players success with excuses), but I myself do have the impulse control to not do so.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
All this stuff about linemates, I think Laine is just getting better and that's all there is to it. The NHL is starting to slow down for him a bit.

Put him back with Little and he does absolutely nothing 5 on 5. Copp is way better at creating space for Ehlers & Laine and that makes the difference.

Reactions: Paul Maurice

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Laine is a big game player. He's picking up his game at the right time. I want to see him repeat the 2016 playoffs...

Reactions: Whileee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad