Injury Report: Patrick Kane - UPDATED 4/13/15: Medically cleared!!!

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
If true... Wow. I know people think they announced his recovery time so long on purpose, and they always figured he'd be back early, but let's be honest here... It's just because Kane is superhuman.

That.

Plus the shrine.

47f29560-cb50-11e4-96de-7972e2e6fe0f_CAEN3PGXIAA5s1l.jpg

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Bickell Toews Hossa
Sharp Richards Kane
Saad Vermette Versteeg
Shaw Kruger Teravainen

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Sharp Toews Hossa
Versteeg Richards Kane
Saad Vermette Teravainen
Bickell Kruger Shaw

Depth wins championships, and no team has a deeper forward group than this. We even have Desjardins and Nordstrom in play if Versteeg or Richards falters enough. Be so nice to roll 4 legit lines this year (unlike last year with that god awful 4th line).

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
All the pieces fit together and finally make sense with Kane in the lineup. If that lineup has trouble scoring than hockey makes 0 sense.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'd be hesitant to believe anything too strongly until other sources start corroborating Boyle's take. Still, though, it does seem likely.

Agreed. No offense to Boyle but I don't trust his word alone. I thought if he came back in round 1 at all it would only be in an elimination game.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
I'd be hesitant to believe anything too strongly until other sources start corroborating Boyle's take. Still, though, it does seem likely.

Boyle is the studio analyst of the official Blackhawks pre-game and post-game show and as an employee of ComcastSportsNet, sort of an employee of the Chicago Blackhawks.

I would think if this was wrong or far off, the team would have had him delete the tweet.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Boyle is the studio analyst of the official Blackhawks pre-game and post-game show and as an employee of ComcastSportsNet, sort of an employee of the Chicago Blackhawks.

I would think if this was wrong or far off, the team would have had him delete the tweet.

Sure, but other insiders have had their eyes set on more of a mid-series return, like Lazerus. Just saying it's not a sure thing.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Article citing Boyle:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...expected-to-be-cleared-for-contact-on-monday/

Returning game 3 makes no sense if he is cleared for contact tomorrow. The team needs him right away.

I agree. What exactly is 4 more days waiting going to do, put us in an 0-2 hole? I can't see if he is taking full contact why the 4 days is going to get him healed better. If its a fitness issue just play him less shifts to start. Every game is crucial, if the bone is healed get him out there Wednesday.

Ilrider

Mar 27, 2012
Chicago Burbs
All Boyle said is Kane is taking contact and he expects him for Game 3. The 2nd part is his opinion. What's to trust and not trust here????

No, Boyle said he is probable for game 1 and is expected to take full contact tomorrow. It is Mark Lazerus who is saying game 3. I think Boyle has a better scoop and Lazerus is just speculating. If he is that close to returning, game 1 makes a lot more sense than waiting 4 days more.

Last edited:

CPHawksFan

That's Hockey Baby!!
Jun 17, 2011
Crown Point, IN
Personally, if he's not ready to play in Game 1 of this series, he shouldn't play until the next series if the Hawks make it there...I don't want to re-injure him if he is not 100%...that being said, please Kaner be ready for Game 1!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad