Injury Report: Patrick Kane - UPDATED 4/13/15: Medically cleared!!!

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
All of the confusion is from this post.

You said Kane with Versteeg at about 3.41 GF/60 (correct) and Versteeg GF/60 at about 2.85 with Kane.

Versteegs GF/60 is 2.85 (with everyone)
Versteeg w/Kane is 3.41 the same as Kane w/Versteeg because that is the same stat. How many goals per 60 where scored when both of them we're on the ice. It's impossible for their numbers to be different when together.

Take out with Kane from your original post and what you said is correct.
The way I viewed it, was when Kane is on the ice with Versteeg, he scores at 3.41GF/60, and when Versteeg is on the ice with Kane, he scores at a 2.85GF/60. That's the way I read the attached chart. (highlighted column). Maybe I did misread it, but it still shows that Versteeg is much better with Kane, and Kane is much better with Versteeg which was my original point.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
The way I viewed it, was when Kane is on the ice with Versteeg, he scores at 3.41GF/60, and when Versteeg is on the ice with Kane, he scores at a 2.85GF/60. That's the way I read the attached chart. (highlighted column). Maybe I did misread it, but it still shows that Versteeg is much better with Kane, and Kane is much better with Versteeg which was my original point.

You are reading it wrong. All Stats are based on Versteeg. So the top line(2.85) is Versteeg with Versteeg. It's his 100%. You can tell this, because you go to the right, there is 0 TOI without the teammate. Versteeg can't be on the ice without himself. And if you view the same chart with Kane (Kane on top) , and then go down to Versteeg, you will see it's exactly the same 3.41 GF/60 as it is on the report you cited.

As for your overall point, the numbers do show they have been good together this season. That can't be denied. However, I just wonder if it can be sustained. Those numbers are held up in a large part to a ridiculous hot streak the line had. I'm not against putting them together again, but I'm not excepting the same kind of results that they have earlier and wouldn't waste too much time switching it up if it doesn't seem to work right away. The reality is the Hawks have plenty of line combination possibilities. Hopefully Q can find the right ones to make all the lines good and dangerous.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
Well that's nonsense.

Yeah it's pretty much nonsense although it is true that the league could take a decent hit in visibility/star-power with a decent chance that the Kings and Boston/Pitt miss the playoffs, plus Kane missing time. The league would be missing a lot more of is major American stars and markets than the last few years which is probably what Levy is getting at (even if he's overstating the importance of Kane league-wide).

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
1) I didn't know Levy watched hockey

2) There are enough star players on the Hawks, let alone the rest of the league, to mitigate the loss of Kane. I get he's a flashy player and very clutch but this isn't the NBA. Every playoff team has atleast one player that you want to stop what you're doing and watch their talent in action.

Hawks are having issues scoring goals. Kane took over a few playoff games by himself last year. They need him.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Hawks are having issues scoring goals. Kane took over a few playoff games by himself last year. They need him.

Nobody's arguing that the Blackhawks could use Patrick Kane.

It's the 'NHL needs him more than the Blackhawks' part that has people rolling their eyes. Cause it's nonsense.

BladesofSTEELwFIRE

Feb 15, 2010
Nobody's arguing that the Blackhawks could use Patrick Kane.

It's the 'NHL needs him more than the Blackhawks' part that has people rolling their eyes. Cause it's nonsense.

That's only a compliment to da Kaner! WHO was more exciting than THE Kane man in the 1st 3 rounds of the playoffs last year? NO ONE!

Any new update of when Kaner will be back?

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I replied to Levy about how nonsensical it is.

The NHL doesn't need Kane for star power. The NHL needs Kane so the Hawks advance. It's the Hawks who drive ratings, not Kane.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I think that's what was implied. The nhl needs kane so the hawks can get farther.

The hashtags go against that implication. #scoring and #star very much indicate the position that HE, not the team, is the draw the NHL needs.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
The NHL should just postpone the playoffs for a week or two. They have to make sure their favorite team has a legitimate chance of winning. They cant just depend on the refs to help us win a playoff series when we're without Kane.:sarcasm:

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
I think that's what was implied. The nhl needs kane so the hawks can get farther.

Haha, was about to post the same. Kane is a money marketer's dream. All His sponsors are licking their chops waiting for him to return in the playoffs.

BladesofSTEELwFIRE

Feb 15, 2010
The NHL should just postpone the playoffs for a week or two. They have to make sure their favorite team has a legitimate chance of winning. They cant just depend on the refs to help us win a playoff series when we're without Kane.:sarcasm:

This!

While they're at it just hand Kaner and da Hawks da Cup right now! :nod:

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
I replied to Levy about how nonsensical it is.

The NHL doesn't need Kane for star power. The NHL needs Kane so the Hawks advance. It's the Hawks who drive ratings, not Kane.

I'm surprised how bothered folks are by that tweet.

I am guessing Levy just watched the Minnesota-Hawks game snoozefest and realized how much more entertaining it would be if it had some showtime to it.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I'm not really bothered, I just find it stupid. As someone who takes great interest in the business of the game, it just didn't make sense.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Kane is such a competitor and a lover of hockey that I bet just sitting on the sidelines is KILLING him! They say he is so dedicated to hockey that his OFFSEASON training regimen is more than what anyone else in the league does!

CAUTIOUSLY optimistic. WE need his OFFENSE!

Crow

May 19, 2014
I doubt he will be out for all of round 1. But no one really knows. If he follows zucker's timeline for the same injury he will be back less than two weeks from today I believe.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Will Kane be out for round 1?

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad