Injury Report: Patrick Kane - UPDATED 4/13/15: Medically cleared!!!

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Personally, if he's not ready to play in Game 1 of this series, he shouldn't play until the next series if the Hawks make it there...I don't want to re-injure him if he is not 100%...that being said, please Kaner be ready for Game 1!!!

Kane wouldn't get the OK to play if he wasn't 100%. That said, I do hope they err on the side of caution. Bring him back if they really need him. Hopefully that will not be the case. I am just glad that Kaner seems to be ready well ahead of the 12 weeks.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
How did the prognosis for recovery from a broken collarbone go from the original 12 weeks out estimation to just about 8 weeks? Seems like a big risk to bring him back in this early....maybe at 10 weeks more sensible....except that a similar case where an NHL player came back after 57 days from a broken collarbone and played a few games just before the regular season ended proved you could bring a player back as soon as 8 weeks and a bit...So I guess it could be fine to do it with Kane too...

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
How did the prognosis for recovery from a broken collarbone go from the original 12 weeks out estimation to just about 8 weeks? Seems like a big risk to bring him back in this early....maybe at 10 weeks more sensible....except that a similar case where an NHL player came back after 57 days from a broken collarbone and played a few games just before the regular season ended proved you could bring a player back as soon as 8 weeks and a bit...So I guess it could be fine to do it with Kane too...

The 12 week was probably worst case scenario. People heal differently and without knowledge on what kind of clavicle break it was and how it was mended, it is useless to speculate about it here.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013

Remember Chris kuc originally reported 6-10. Then suddenly the team put out 12 weeks.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Agreed. As several of us said before, think the Hawks learned from the Bulls/Rose fiasco and purposefully gave their longest, worst case scenario for Kane. Worst case scenario, he returned on time or the team was already eliminated. Best case scenario? Shock the world.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Regular practice sweater :heart:

LhFUdZU.gif

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Powers posted video from Saturday of Kane taking contact. Boyle said Kane is probable for game 1. Most of the rest of the guys I follow on twitter, wouldn't go that far, but said game 3-4 seems likely.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Good luck you guys. With Kaner revving up, I see you guys coming out of the West. Such a treat to watch this team play.

He is such an incredible player.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
Because Richards already has chemistry with Kane. Vermette doesn't, or we have no idea.

Plus it allows Vermette to center a checking line (if Q actually puts him back at center) and allow Toews to get slightly easier matchups and more O-zone starts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad