Player Discussion Patrice Bergeron II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
15 voters left Bergeron off the ballot entirely in 2013 and it cost Bergeron from picking up another Selke. One writer gave Patrick Kane a second place vote, as well as Michael Frolik and Adam Henrique. It's almost like a reflection of HFboards...these PHWA guys have their trolls and homers too.

To be fair to Toews, 12 voters left him off their ballots, which is the confusion of why most people think only 3 voters didn't acknowledge Bergeron in the voting process.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/spo...-hurt-credibility-of-process/article12610345/

Last edited:

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
15 voters left Bergeron off the ballot entirely in 2013 and it cost Bergeron from picking up another Selke. One writer gave Patrick Kane a second place vote, as well as Michael Frolik and Adam Henrique. It's almost like a reflection of HFboards...these PHWA guys have their trolls and homers too.

To be fair to Toews, 12 voters left him off their ballots, which is the confusion of why most people think only 3 voters didn't acknowledge Bergeron in the voting process.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/spo...-hurt-credibility-of-process/article12610345/

:help:
..... Patrick Kane? .....Selke vote??

I do think this year should have been Bergeron's sixth.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
It's not just about points. In particular if you consider the era he played in.

4 x Selke winner (tied most all-time)
1 x Stanley Cup
2 X Olympic Gold
1 x World Championship Gold
1 x WJC Gold

He has to be at least Top 10 for his generation in terms of team success and individual hardware.

He's in, not really debatable.

Don't forget the 2012 Spengler Cup!!:D

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bergeron happy to be back at full strength after injury was 'in my head a bit'

As Bergeron tells it, the annoyingly nagging injury played into his slow first half before he adjusted to a reduced skating burst as a result of the sports hernia. It was noticeable at times that Bergeron simply couldn’t explode past opponents as he’d routinely done in the past, and he struggled to get to the right spots in the offensive zone in time to make a play.

“It’s mostly just not having any pain, and being able to skate and have a full stride. It’s not having to think about it, and not having to need the muscle to warm up for 15 or 20 minutes before I was ready,†said Bergeron, who managed just 11 goals and 24 points in his first 49 games before finishing strong with nine goals and 28 points in 29 games following NHL All-Star weekend. “It was mostly pain, so [being healthy] is definitely going to help my skating. The one thing that was difficult was that you knew it was always there, and it was annoying. It was one of those things where you have to battle through it and then the next day you knew it was still going to be there.

“It was hard that way and it was in my head a little bit. Once I got past that hurdle of realizing it was going to be there, and not worrying about it, I felt better. It’s not an excuse for the slow start I had and not scoring on some easy chances, but it was slowing me down a bit. It was definitely annoying. Once I passed the hurdle of knowing that my skating was going to be restricted, I felt better confidence-wise and whatnot. I stopped second-guessing everything that I was doing on the ice.â

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
It's not just about points. In particular if you consider the era he played in.

4 x Selke winner (tied most all-time)
1 x Stanley Cup
2 X Olympic Gold
1 x World Championship Gold
1 x WJC Gold

He has to be at least Top 10 for his generation in terms of team success and individual hardware.

He's in, not really debatable.

Important to note that he won that world championship before the WJC. Only player to do so, I believe.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Alright... what’s the deal?

The day to day seems to have turned into a week to week. Troubling that he’s not practicing.
Get used to this. Seriously, it's turning into one mysterious injury after another. Does anyone know exactly what the injury even is? He's had so many now that it's hard to keep track. This is only going to continue to get worse going forward as he ages.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Get used to this. Seriously, it's turning into one mysterious injury after another. Does anyone know exactly what the injury even is? He's had so many now that it's hard to keep track. This is only going to continue to get worse going forward as he ages.
What? If he misses tomorrow night it will be the most total games he’s missed in a season in eight years.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
What? If he misses tomorrow night it will be the most total games he’s missed in a season in eight years.
I didn't say he'd missed a lot of games. He is going to miss a lot of games going forward due to the injuries catching up to him. Very Pedroia-like decline.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Clueless gonna clueless.
Clueless in what way? I'm unsure why the insult was needed. If it made you feel better than good, I'm happy for you.

I simply think people should be prepared for this. The guy is going to miss a lot of games from here on out. Bank on it.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I didn't say he'd missed a lot of games. He is going to miss a lot of games going forward due to the injuries catching up to him. Very Pedroia-like decline.

You are awesome. Please keep posting, because I miss 77bestever, and you are the closest thing to his posts we will ever find.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I know it's a bit of a freak situation right now with injuries, particularly with centers, but Bergeron is averaging more TOI/G than any Bruins forward post-2005 lockout, even with him still dealing with an injury. I know its tough to, but I think you have to make an effort to get that number down IMO. It's something that may bite them in the long-run.

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I know it's a bit of a freak situation right now with injuries, particularly with centers, but Bergeron is averaging more TOI/G than any forward post-2005 lockout, even with him still dealing with an injury. I know its tough to, but I think you have to make an effort to get that number down IMO. It's something that may bite them in the long-run.
:amazed: good grief

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I know it's a bit of a freak situation right now with injuries, particularly with centers, but Bergeron is averaging more TOI/G than any forward post-2005 lockout, even with him still dealing with an injury. I know its tough to, but I think you have to make an effort to get that number down IMO. It's something that may bite them in the long-run.

Big typo, I meant any Bruins forward since the 2005 lockout. Still a lot though.

Reactions: Bruinaura
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad