Confirmed with Link: Pat Maroon to NJ for 2019 3rd and J. D. Dudek

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Boyle's the odd man out I'm afraid. Like was said above, great story, but once Gibbons comes back, Boyle needs to be the healthy scratch.

But who are we scratching him for with everyone healthy, Noesen? I doubt it, especially given Boyle can help on faceoffs and he has the intangibles Shero wanted in the first place last offseason when we were still rebuilding. And that's only when Gibbons gets back and assuming everyone else is healthy by then. We're sure not scratching Boyle for the likes of Stafford and Hayes.

At least we can get him off the PP hopefully, let Maroon be the 'big body' Ward wants in front.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
That's true. Just making the playoffs again after a full rebuild will be an achievement. I wonder how much of this is geared at keeping Hall happy.
As in just making buys for the sake of showing Hall? I would bet none of it. If you mean Shero has discussed the plan with Hall and told him they are looking to be competitive, than buying some cheap rentals definitely fits the plan.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Maroon is decent player when playing with top end talent. On the Devils, he would have to play with Hall most likely to have same product as in Edmonton, but that wouldn't happen since he's a LW. You cant' play him as LW so he can't be on your first line, and you don't want to play him with Boyle since that would be the slowest line in the league.

I think he'll end playing with Hischier.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well to play devils' advocate he probably did run Maroon by Hall at least. Actually Maroon has quite a few ex-teammates here including the Ducks (Vatanen, Palms, Noesen).

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Maroon is decent player when playing with top end talent. On the Devils, he would have to play with Hall most likely to have same product as in Edmonton, but that wouldn't happen since he's a LW. You cant' play him as LW so he can't be on your first line, and you don't want to play him with Boyle since that would be the slowest line in the league.

Uhhh..He is not going to play with Nico. Only on the PP will it possibility happen

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba

Hischier is not leaving Hall's side.

I could see Maroon playing with Zacha and Grabner

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

Hall plays with Hischier and I don't see any way that they break that line up

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

They aren’t going to expect him to put up his McDavid numbers and won’t put him next to Nico.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Well to play devils' advocate he probably did run Maroon by Hall at least. Actually Maroon has quite a few ex-teammates here including the Ducks (Vatanen, Palms, Noesen).
Oh he probably asked them about the type of person he is and such, that isn't unusual. I just don't buy into the narrative that buying at the deadline is a ploy to keep Hall happy for an extension.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Maroon-Zacha-Grabner

That would be a good line. You just need to make sure you have one fast player in Grabner on his line.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
But who are we scratching him for with everyone healthy, Noesen? I doubt it, especially given Boyle can help on faceoffs and he has the intangibles Shero wanted in the first place last offseason when we were still rebuilding. And that's only when Gibbons gets back and assuming everyone else is healthy by then. We're sure not scratching Boyle for the likes of Stafford and Hayes.

At least we can get him off the PP hopefully, let Maroon be the 'big body' Ward wants in front.

Boyle playing over Noesen would be a horrible mistake. Noesen is a good player. He's had a great year for us. Boyle had a hot stretch where he got some PP points and has died off since. Coleman is the better option going forward at center on the 4th line than Boyle.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Boyle playing over Noesen would be a horrible mistake. Noesen is a good player. He's had a great year for us. Boyle had a hot stretch where he got some PP points and has died off since. Coleman is the better option going forward at center on the 4th line than Boyle.

I don’t think this is true. Boyle can win faceoffs and if nothing else he can play some defense.

I like Coleman where he is right now.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
I don’t think this is true. Boyle can win faceoffs and if nothing else he can play some defense.

I like Coleman where he is right now.

Fine, I can MAYBE be okay with Boyle over Coleman on the 4th line as the center. But Noesen is a must play. That's my point. You scratch him, it's a dumb move that hurts the team. Boyle should be the one scratched and if he isn't, then Coleman is the only other acceptable answer.

Hot stretch aside and sentimental reasons pushed aside, Boyle really hasn't done anything this year at all that warrants him being in the lineup. Just the reality of it. Team is getting killed in the Goals For/Goals Against department on the 5 on 5 when he's on the ice too.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One thing that sometimes annoys me at deadline time is when trading for a player from a Canadian based team, it took sometimes a week for the player to get to the team because of visa issues. No matter what country they are citizens of. I remember it happened to the Sharks with James Reimer a couple years ago and Jannik Hansen last year. Both played on Canadian teams.

I’m assuming this won’t happen with Maroon because the Oilers were in San Jose, and we’ll be seeing him tomorrow night, unless he can’t get a flight out until tomorrow and they won’t play him after flying all day. If that’s the case, they might just send him straight to Fort Lauderdale.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
One thing that sometimes annoys me at deadline time is when trading for a player from a Canadian based team, it took sometimes a week for the player to get to the team because of visa issues. No matter what country they are citizens of. I remember it happened to the Sharks with James Reimer a couple years ago and Jannik Hansen last year. Both played on Canadian teams.

I’m assuming this won’t happen with Maroon because the Oilers were in San Jose, and we’ll be seeing him tomorrow night, unless he can’t get a flight out until tomorrow and they won’t play him after flying all day. If that’s the case, they might just send him straight to Fort Lauderdale.

He is going to get to Pitt tomorrow, but he might not play because it is a lot of travel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad